The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1241  
Old 06-22-2019, 09:15 AM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
There is a big deal and it is not because of they are royal, it is because they are brothers. The idea that William was not supportive can be read in many ways. He is the one that took years to decide if Kate was right or not. So advising to take things easy is not strange. He cared about his brother in my opinion. I don’t know what is the purpose of Harry, but somebody would need to remember him that the royal family exist because of his grandmother and will continue to exist if his father and brother are successful in keeping it united.
So what they are brothers? And? Harry is entitled to live his life. He is not required to tag along with William and Kate for the rest of his days. People will read into these stories however they want. We have no idea but what we do know is that both couples are going their separate ways. It is for the best.

If The Queen didn't approve of these decisions they wouldn't be happening. The Sussexes and Cambridges be united when need to be but they are their own people with their own visions. As long as the overall goal is protecting and expanding the life of the monarchy then it is what it is. Everyone has their role to play.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1242  
Old 06-22-2019, 09:35 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 311
Some people liked it more when Harry as the third wheel in the relationship and when he was unhappy. He grew up, fell in love, and wanted to have a separate household. All normal for adults in their 30s.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1243  
Old 06-22-2019, 09:55 AM
Ariel's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 560
My disappointment is not because the separation of roles, duties or foundations. I don’t think The Cambridge needs a third or four wheel to carry their jobs. I am disappointed for how cold the brothers’ relationship is becoming at least in public, It is troubling to think about Meghan’s own relationship with her family and how different that is (was) from Harry’s relationship with his family and now instead of following on his steps, he is following on hers.
Reply With Quote
  #1244  
Old 06-22-2019, 10:03 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
My disappointment is not because the separation of roles, duties or foundations. I don’t think The Cambridge needs a third or four wheel to carry their jobs. I am disappointed for how cold the brothers’ relationship is becoming at least in public, It is troubling to think about Meghan’s own relationship with her family and how different that is (was) from Harry’s relationship with his family and now instead of following on his steps, he is following on hers.
So you are basically blaming Meghan. Well, the Sun's Emily Andrews said someone told her it was Meghan who had tried to make peace between Harry and William.
Reply With Quote
  #1245  
Old 06-22-2019, 10:08 AM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
My disappointment is not because the separation of roles, duties or foundations. I don’t think The Cambridge needs a third or four wheel to carry their jobs. I am disappointed for how cold the brothers’ relationship is becoming at least in public, It is troubling to think about Meghan’s own relationship with her family and how different that is (was) from Harry’s relationship with his family and now instead of following on his steps, he is following on hers.
Except we don't truly know how close (or not) these people are because they have very crafted images for the stake of the monarchy's profile. Take for example the "Fab Four" stuff they were pushing which was clearly not the case. Or even the two brothers being super super close when even now the reporters admit that hasn't always been true. Or heck.... their own parents. They were miserable for years and still played it up for the cameras.

We never know the real truths. Just what they want us to see but eventually things are revealed. As for Meghan. She is close to people she considers her family and extremely close to her mother. Not everyone is bless with non toxic surroundings. The fact that she thrived in spite of a lot of negativity on her paternal side should actually be a positive and I can see how that would appeal to someone who could be surrounded by it.
Reply With Quote
  #1246  
Old 06-22-2019, 10:15 AM
W.Y.CII's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: 。, Hong Kong
Posts: 732
What we saw "in public" isn't necessarily the truth, and probably influenced by media narrative, and subjective opinion.
__________________
Bad money drives out good.
Reply With Quote
  #1247  
Old 06-22-2019, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
My disappointment is not because the separation of roles, duties or foundations. I don’t think The Cambridge needs a third or four wheel to carry their jobs. I am disappointed for how cold the brothers’ relationship is becoming at least in public, It is troubling to think about Meghan’s own relationship with her family and how different that is (was) from Harry’s relationship with his family and now instead of following on his steps, he is following on hers.
Well, Harry’s family certainly consistent more than his brother, so I fail to see how he’s distancing himself from his family. As for Meghan’s own family relationship, she’s close to those she loves and loves her back for her. It’s odd that she’s being blamed for cutting out people that are toxic. And certainly, two grown adults aren’t following in each other’s step. They can decide without grouping people into one group just because they are related.
Reply With Quote
  #1248  
Old 06-22-2019, 10:23 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
My disappointment is not because the separation of roles, duties or foundations. I don’t think The Cambridge needs a third or four wheel to carry their jobs. I am disappointed for how cold the brothers’ relationship is becoming at least in public...
All siblings go through phases. For what ever reason, wives, jealousy, higher rank or more income. Makes no difference. There is not a person on this earth that has not argued with his/her sibling. Just that this is played out in public and the stupid media is taking sides. They are just stirring the pot. Like anything else, the brothers are different people with different personalities.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #1249  
Old 06-22-2019, 10:37 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
So you are basically blaming Meghan. Well, the Sun's Emily Andrews said someone told her it was Meghan who had tried to make peace between Harry and William.
> I don't believe Ariel is blaming Meghan, but it is not difficult to get to that conclusion: 3 people get on quite well, a 4th joins, it all falls apart.

> Do all 4 shoulder some of the blame, yes. Some more than others possibly, but it can't be confirmed and is speculation.

> That speculation can only mount when you look at the backgrounds, where 3 out of 4 come from close families, and grew up with businesses (if you can call The Firm that!) where family members work closely together. The fourth meanwhile, apart from one parent, could not even find one relative to attend her wedding. Does this background mean Meghan is solely to blame for any breakdown in family relationships and a work relationship: no, not really! But rightly or wrongly, it just leads credence to the story.
Reply With Quote
  #1250  
Old 06-22-2019, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
> I don't believe Ariel is blaming Meghan, but it is not difficult to get to that conclusion: 3 people get on quite well, a 4th joins, it all falls apart.

> Do all 4 shoulder some of the blame, yes. Some more than others possibly, but it can't be confirmed and is speculation.

> That speculation can only mount when you look at the backgrounds, where 3 out of 4 come from close families, and grew up with businesses (if you can call The Firm that!) where family members work closely together. The fourth meanwhile, apart from one parent, could not even find one relative to attend her wedding. Does this background mean Meghan is solely to blame for any breakdown in family relationships and a work relationship: no, not really! But rightly or wrongly, it just leads credence to the story.
Did 3 get on so well or did they just not spend so much time together? This goes back to the amusing reaction to Sussexes moving to Windsor to break up with the Cambridges. In fact, that is when most of the reports started regarding the rift.

Fact of the matter is, these people have lived different lives for years. Even before Cambridges got married, they were living in a rented home in Wales. Harry was either in London or wherever military training took him. And then the Cambridges were mostly in Norfolk even though they had an official home at KP. So, the idea takes root that they all live so close together. However, if we think about the amount of time they actually spent there until last year and whatever else Harry had going on, they actually don’t seem to spend that much time together or even live in KP that much at the same time. Even before Meghan came into the picture.

As the case with many extended families (and that’s what siblings are when they grow up and form their own families), distance is a beautiful thing. There is bound to be more friction any time people, who are now used to not be in each other’s space all the time, are in each other’s sphere more.
Reply With Quote
  #1251  
Old 06-22-2019, 11:01 AM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
> I don't believe Ariel is blaming Meghan, but it is not difficult to get to that conclusion: 3 people get on quite well, a 4th joins, it all falls apart.

> Do all 4 shoulder some of the blame, yes. Some more than others possibly, but it can't be confirmed and is speculation.

> That speculation can only mount when you look at the backgrounds, where 3 out of 4 come from close families, and grew up with businesses (if you can call The Firm that!) where family members work closely together. The fourth meanwhile, apart from one parent, could not even find one relative to attend her wedding. Does this background mean Meghan is solely to blame for any breakdown in family relationships and a work relationship: no, not really! But rightly or wrongly, it just leads credence to the story.
Did they get on quite well or is that just what they let us assume? Maybe it is harder to keep up an act with a fourth person. Maybe they tried their hardest and eventually crashed. Or maybe it was fine personally until the business aspect came into play and that is where the biggest clash reared. Families working together is not easy.

None of these people are perfect. I doubt any are completely innocent behind the scenes. All their lives have changes in the last few years. People grow. With that priorities shift and someones so do relationships. People's tolerance levels tend to decease over the years.

No family is more dysfunctional than the Windsors if we being truly honest.
Reply With Quote
  #1252  
Old 06-22-2019, 11:06 AM
Ista's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 1,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Did they get on quite well or is that just what they let us assume? Maybe it is harder to keep up an act with a fourth person. Maybe they tried their hardest and eventually crashed. Or maybe it was fine personally until the business aspect came into play and that is where the biggest clash reared. Families working together is not easy.

None of these people are perfect. I doubt any are completely innocent behind the scenes. All their lives have changes in the last few years. People grow. With that priorities shift and someones so do relationships. People's tolerance levels tend to decease over the years.

No family is more dysfunctional than the Windsors if we being truly honest.
These are all very good points, especially the bolded.
Reply With Quote
  #1253  
Old 06-22-2019, 11:27 AM
loonytick's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Tennessee, United States
Posts: 744
Sibling relationships ebb and flow. That’s just the normal way of things. Families go through a period of resettling and rebalancing when a new personality marries in. Businesses and non-profits have to readjust when a new executive comes on board, and sometimes when they expand in too many directions, the only thing that makes sense is to spin off a piece and let it become its own thing. This is just how things work.

But a moment of tension or unsettled feelings doesn’t mean being off-kilter will become the new normal. What’s more likely is that this period of growing pains will be temporary and the Cambridges and Sussexes will settle into their new normal. And if (IF!) the root of any tension in the moment is from Harry and William butting heads, after they get used to being the bosses of their own offices and not having to agree on every detail together, they’ll likely have the emotional room they need to settle back into being supportive and loving brothers again.
Reply With Quote
  #1254  
Old 06-22-2019, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,994
Quote:
their effort is not enough given that they've been married for 8 years.
I could not disagree more..They are doing THE most important job adults can do.. bringing up their children [and our future King, and Royal family], in a warm, secure and well adjusted family. Their children are yet young, and [God willing] there are years aplenty ahead to do charity stuff.
What matters to me, is a secure bedrock for the future, and the most important part of that is the well being of their children.
Reply With Quote
  #1255  
Old 06-22-2019, 11:45 AM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,249
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
Sibling relationships ebb and flow. That’s just the normal way of things. Families go through a period of resettling and rebalancing when a new personality marries in. Businesses and non-profits have to readjust when a new executive comes on board, and sometimes when they expand in too many directions, the only thing that makes sense is to spin off a piece and let it become its own thing. This is just how things work.

But a moment of tension or unsettled feelings doesn’t mean being off-kilter will become the new normal. What’s more likely is that this period of growing pains will be temporary and the Cambridges and Sussexes will settle into their new normal. And if (IF!) the root of any tension in the moment is from Harry and William butting heads, after they get used to being the bosses of their own offices and not having to agree on every detail together, they’ll likely have the emotional room they need to settle back into being supportive and loving brothers again.
This I also agree with. I do think distance will help in the end. These men have their own paths and responsibilities. It was time for them to focus on that and have a clear way of doing that. Being attached at the hip was fine when they were both single men. They are now husbands and fathers. Let them grow and figure out who they are as men and brothers in this new chapter of their lives. It is life. It doesn't have to be this major thing. It is just that they unfortunately have the press who want to be all up in their business spinning it for clicks.
Reply With Quote
  #1256  
Old 06-22-2019, 12:21 PM
Ariel's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 560
I’m not Team Cambridge or Team Sussex, I really liked Wills and Harry’s mother, for so long didn’t believe all the bad press she had, and hoped it was just rumors. Hopefully, all the bad press being said about her children is not true, but who really knows what happens under the curtains. The fact is that if they choose to live public lifes they need to follow some rules. Being a royal is not being a celebrity, they don’t need to win a popularity contest against each other. None of that will change who the next king will be.
Reply With Quote
  #1257  
Old 06-22-2019, 01:24 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
My disappointment is not because the separation of roles, duties or foundations, the only reason for my post being in this thread is because the administrator moved it here. I don’t think The Cambridge needs a third or four wheel to carry their jobs. I am disappointed for how cold the brothers’ relationship is becoming at least in public, It is troubling to think about Meghan’s own relationship with her family and how different that is (was) from Harry’s relationship with his family and now instead of following on his steps, he is following on hers.
And you blame Harry for that.........and apparently Meghan for her lack of relationship with her father who doesn't act like much of a father (and that's being extremely kind). Nothing you say makes sense, I'm sorry.

People remember William and Harry as little boys who were always together, but boys grow up - and they develop their own interests, their own personalities. It would be almost impossible for them to be as bound to each other as when they were young because they each have their own lives to lead. Sometimes they will disagree - and maybe it means they don't get along for a period, but that happens with siblings; it happens with people in general. It's really no big deal.
Reply With Quote
  #1258  
Old 06-22-2019, 05:48 PM
Rena M.'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Kraków, Poland
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
My reference was to the fact that William's role, status, and future are on a divergent course from Harry's and that at some point in the future they won't be just two brothers, they will be the sovereign and subject, and Harry will be subordinate to, and to a degree, dependent on William. That's a lot to absorb, especially since Harry now may see how this will impact not only himself, but his wife and children. Especially if he and William are currently at odds with each other over something (unknown and unspecified).

With power comes responsibility often followed by blame when something goes wrong and because of this William has to be very careful. He has to earn respect and win hearts and minds of the people. Being a king in 2040 - 2080 will be entirely different ball game. Having squabbles with your younger brother does nothing for an image of the king.
Harry on the other hand has plenty of freedom.
__________________
Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, "Bigoted Brits will be infuriated and unforgiving. I am already getting emails about how “the woman will pollute the bloodline” and stain national purity" https://inews.co.uk/opinion/columnis...tional-family/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzAp5IhyL4
Reply With Quote
  #1259  
Old 06-22-2019, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena M. View Post
With power comes responsibility often followed by blame when something goes wrong and because of this William has to be very careful. He has to earn respect and win hearts and minds of the people. Being a king in 2040 - 2080 will be entirely different ball game. Having squabbles with your younger brother does nothing for an image of the king.
Harry on the other hand has plenty of freedom.
So as the older brother, in your estimation, William should bend to his younger brother's wishes in order to keep the peace?

No, just no. Sometimes younger siblings are wrong.

I also think William is more cautious, less impetuous and deliberates longer than Harry. Those two differing personalities can find it difficult to work together.
Reply With Quote
  #1260  
Old 06-22-2019, 06:26 PM
Ariel's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 560
You are writing things that I didn’t say, I don’t blame Meghan for her lack of relationship with her family.
You know what, Im not going to loose more time trying to explain my point to you,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
And you blame Harry for that.........and apparently Meghan for her lack of relationship with her father who doesn't act like much of a father (and that's being extremely kind). Nothing you say makes sense, I'm sorry.

People remember William and Harry as little boys who were always together, but boys grow up - and they develop their own interests, their own personalities. It would be almost impossible for them to be as bound to each other as when they were young because they each have their own lives to lead. Sometimes they will disagree - and maybe it means they don't get along for a period, but that happens with siblings; it happens with people in general. It's really no big deal.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relationships between Members of the Spanish Royal Family kil Royal Family of Spain 1497 02-20-2019 07:17 PM
Relationships between the Members of the Danish Royal Family jellybeans Royal House of Denmark 323 08-24-2018 12:43 PM
Relationships between members of the Princely Family michelle Princely Family of Monaco 324 08-11-2018 02:22 AM
Relationships Between Members of the Swedish Royal Family Grandduchess24 Royal House of Sweden 56 11-02-2015 01:32 PM
Relationships between members of the Norwegian royal family. Dennism Royal House of Norway 78 11-22-2012 07:04 AM




Popular Tags
administrator archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy bavaria;house;chef;luitpold;ludwig belgian royal family castles countess of snowdon countess of wessex crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events cypher denmark discussão duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of sussex family search felipe vi foundation french royalty friendly city germany greece hamdan bin mohammed harry head of the house henry v house of bourbon house of saxe-coburg and gotha jack brooksbank jerusalem kiko king philippe letter lineage lithuanian castles marriage meghan markle memoir monaco royal monarchism monarchy official visit pakistan palaces patronages prince charles prince harry princess anne queen mathilde rania of jordan romanov family royal tour rumania russian imperial family shakespeare sharjah siblings south africa spanish history state visit sweden swedish royalty trump usa valois viscount severn



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises