The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
They also have their own family WhatsApp group, so they communicate through that as well. As I said before, they’re much more close than the press would like you to know.
Do we know if they gave a family WhatsApp group?

Old 01-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Mike Tindall said that the cousins chatt on WhatsApp in an interview

Old 01-14-2019, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Mike Tindall said that the cousins chatt on WhatsApp in an interview
Oh; how I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that group!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-15-2019, 02:49 AM
Royal Highness

So it's a secure, unhackable App?
Old 01-15-2019, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
So it's a secure, unhackable App?
Nothing is secure and unhackable.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Nothing is secure and unhackable.
No, but What’s App is considered *far* more secure than most.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Oh; how I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that group!
Why? It is private conversations between family members. The only reason a person would enjoy would be to record and sell it to the media for money making.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Yes, Mike Tindall, have mentioned that the younger members of the family communicate through the family chat group in WhatsApp. Older members of my family do the same.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...-mike-tindall/

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-15-2019, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Why? It is private conversations between family members. The only reason a person would enjoy would be to record and sell it to the media for money making.
It wasn't meant to be taken seriously hence the Obviously I wouldn't hack into their account and read all their messages, you're taking what I said out of context and I don't like being labelled for something like that. It's comments such as these which really make me wonder why I'm still posting on the site; which is sad because it should be a place to enjoy away from the realities of life. (Though I also realise I am too much of a TRF addict to leave .) I don't like sounding so negative, but quite frankly, I'm just done with people taking things so seriously and ruining the fun and trivia of the site for others, because that's how I feel at the moment. Disagreeing with things is fine, because that laments for a healthy discussion, though overreactions and constant nitpicks (in general, not just you) become tiring after time.
You could also criticise everyone who uses the "fly on the wall" phrase, because the whole point of the phrase is that it's a moment you would have liked to but were unable to see. You could say the exact same thing to someone using the phrase in a real life context and accuse them of harassment or stalking. But we don't, because it's a lighthearted phrase.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-20-2019, 05:15 AM
Royal Highness

There's a new docmentary airing in England entitled The Queen's Children. Some reports about it, which detail interesting family relationships:

https://www.tatler.com/article/paxma...e-relationship

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...edward-andrew/

A brief video discussing Queen's relationships with her children and their spouses:
Old 03-06-2019, 10:38 PM
Royal Highness

Recent reports have continued to describe the close bond that has developed between the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Sussex:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...y-royal-family

"Meghan and Charles have reportedly bonded over their interest in art and culture. Charles is also teaching the Duchess of Sussex about the history of the royal family [and the royal art collection]... 'The Duchess has shown a genuine interest in learning more about the history of the family she has married into and her father-in-law has been delighted to impart some of his knowledge.' Meghan’s arrival on the royal scene has also helped improve Prince Harry’s relationship with Charles, a source has claimed."

Meghan and Harry are said to have spent vacation time with Charles and Camilla at the Castle of Mey, in Scotland (which once belonged to the Queen Mother). Prince Charles also played a large role in helping M&H with their wedding planning, particularly in picking many of the musical selections, and in suggesting the Kingdom Choir, and the Coptic minister.

In fact, Meghan once shared this upbeat wisdom on her Tig website:
"Thoughts become things, so it's important to stay as positive as possible. It's crazy how it trickles into everything in your life."
Old 03-07-2019, 12:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Recent reports have continued to describe the close bond that has developed between the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Sussex:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...y-royal-family

"Meghan and Charles have reportedly bonded over their interest in art and culture. Charles is also teaching the Duchess of Sussex about the history of the royal family [and the royal art collection]... 'The Duchess has shown a genuine interest in learning more about the history of the family she has married into and her father-in-law has been delighted to impart some of his knowledge.' Meghan’s arrival on the royal scene has also helped improve Prince Harry’s relationship with Charles, a source has claimed."

Meghan and Harry are said to have spent vacation time with Charles and Camilla at the Castle of Mey, in Scotland (which once belonged to the Queen Mother). Prince Charles also played a large role in helping M&H with their wedding planning, particularly in picking many of the musical selections, and in suggesting the Kingdom Choir, and the Coptic minister.

In fact, Meghan once shared this upbeat wisdom on her Tig website:
"Thoughts become things, so it's important to stay as positive as possible. It's crazy how it trickles into everything in your life."
I wonder if Charles sees echoes of some of his grandmother’s personality in Meghan - particularly the nurturing/keeping a positive attitude attribute that both Meghan and the Queen mother seem/seemed to have.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:11 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, I think it's also significant that Meghan and the Queen Mother (Elizabeth Bowes Lyon) share the same birthday (August 4), which likely means they share some similar character traits (as you suggest). Seemingly, Meghan and the deceased Queen Mother share a strong, determined Leo personality.

Prince Charles was notably close to the Queen Mother, who had taken on the mothering and nurturing role for her daughter after QE-II was prematurely charged with ascending to the throne.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:15 PM
Gentry

That was a lovely article. I'm always glad to read about Charles and Meghan, but I was especially happy reading that Charles, William and Harry are closer than ever. August 2017 indeed was a hard time - Charles had rehabilitated his reputation, and then all of a sudden, it was as if time had reversed. It hurts to read that William "flatly refused" to mention his father in that documentary - but I guess it's not surprising. He was the eldest, probably very protective of his mother - and probably resentful of his father, even though of course he loved him. From what I've read, Charles has always given his sons space - and I'm guessing that he never pressed them when they might have been angry/resentful at him, possibly blaming him for things that kids sometimes blame their parents for. I think William and Harry, particularly William, might just have needed time to reassess things after having relived 20 years ago all over again. Of course, Charles walking Meghan down the aisle in the place of her own father seems to also have been a turning point.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its amazing how perspectives can differ between people. Your perspective is just as valid as mine is but I didn't see things like you did.

I think when it came time for the documentary commemorating the 20th anniversary of Diana's death, both William and Harry were adamant that the focus would be on their mother and their mother alone. It wasn't the time or the place to speak out about their father. Even Charles, himself, thoughtfully removed himself to the quiet of Scotland during this time and, to me, that was being respectful and his own way of commemorating the death of a woman he was at one time married to but they *both* couldn't make it work. Its been said in several sources I've read that Charles kept photographs of Diana around Highgrove because it was his sons' home.

Relationships between kids and their parents change over time. How we perceive our parents to be when we're teenagers usually is quite different as to how we see them as adults. Reminds me of a Mark Twain quote ""When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-14-2019, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Wy would the anniversary of Diana's death have anything to do with Charles?
Old 03-14-2019, 03:16 PM
Majesty

The rags wanted a quote to continue their reenactment of the War of the Wales. They could have had a new bat with which to beat Charles.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Its amazing how perspectives can differ between people. Your perspective is just as valid as mine is but I didn't see things like you did.

I think when it came time for the documentary commemorating the 20th anniversary of Diana's death, both William and Harry were adamant that the focus would be on their mother and their mother alone. It wasn't the time or the place to speak out about their father. Even Charles, himself, thoughtfully removed himself to the quiet of Scotland during this time and, to me, that was being respectful and his own way of commemorating the death of a woman he was at one time married to but they *both* couldn't make it work. Its been said in several sources I've read that Charles kept photographs of Diana around Highgrove because it was his sons' home.

Relationships between kids and their parents change over time. How we perceive our parents to be when we're teenagers usually is quite different as to how we see them as adults. Reminds me of a Mark Twain quote ""When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Osipi, I actually agree with you completely. I think the way the article worded it made it sound like "William refused because he was angry at his father and didn't want to taint his mother's memory by mentioning him" - but again, it was someone on Charles' behalf that asked, not Charles. The media always has to comment on everything, so the fact that Charles wasn't mentioned became a huge talking point, because of course it HAS to mean that William and Harry don't love him, don't appreciate him, etc.

Many times divorced parents use their kids against each other, say cruel and nasty things to their children about their former spouse - it's horrible. From what I've read, neither Charles nor Diana ever did that to William and Harry, and that's a blessing. They turned out pretty darned good despite it all, and I think it speaks volumes about how much their parents loved/love them.

LOL that's a great quote - and very insightful.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
They also have their own family WhatsApp group, so they communicate through that as well. As I said before, they’re much more close than the press would like you to know.
That makes a lot of sense, because as royals, it's difficult to trust too many outsiders. Thereby closeness among immediate family members, especially the young cousins, is a good thing.

It doesn't appear though that the Mountbatten-Windsors, Chattos, and Snowdens, are that close to the other Windsor cousins, including the Kents and Gloucesters.

Always at ceremonial events, and family gatherings, the dynamic between individual family members is interesting to witness, albeit that what we see doesn't tell us the whole story. For example, the greetings between and amongst the senior royals at around 9:00 in the below recent video is fascinating (as they were waiting for the Queen's arrival). Some elements of the media, as usual, tried to put a slant on the interaction between Kate and Meghan. I think the interaction between Prince Charles, Prince William, and Prince Harry, and especially between Prince Charles & DoS Meghan is more interesting:
Old 03-15-2019, 03:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

The only thing that saddens me; the media has pushed the narrative that there’s a strain in the relationship between William and Harry. The separation of households for the Cambridge’s and Sussex’s are just a natural progression in their roles and responsibilities within the Firm. The whole narrative about the two senior couples were and, still is, very much unnecessary and unfair.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings