The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-28-2018, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I have not seen any reports that William questioned Meghan's suitability. I have seen speculation that he was concerned about the speed at which it was all happening.

If that is true, it's understandable. My family asked if "I was sure" when I got married in less than a year of knowing my husband. I wasn't offended, it was a natural question.

Media are desperate for the BIG story.
The media want those old royal sagas back. I completely agree with the Duke of Cambridge on this.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Their Family [like mine, and MANY others] run as a sort of 'autonomous collective'.. we meet periodically, and are 'linked' [by blood and by background]. We care for one another [obv] and help where needed, but otherwise just live our own lives.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm finding it hard to believe most have to "tolerate" each other. Meghan certainly hasn't been around long enough for the tolerate part. They might not care either way, but tolerate says not getting along and put up with each other because they have to. Here's my take on this, while BRF is a big family that get together, it's like two or three times a year. What kind of tiff can you get into after a handful of times while many others are also around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Their Family [like mine, and MANY others] run as a sort of 'autonomous collective'.. we meet periodically, and are 'linked' [by blood and by background]. We care for one another [obv] and help where needed, but otherwise just live our own lives.
I agree with that. Which is why I always found it weird with the conversation that Cambridges and Sussexes have to live right next door or they are "feuding" one way or another.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I quite agree and, if you've got a mind for watching the media spin their wheels, a reason for the change had to be found, and so we see them trying to re-create the War of the Wales's to explain the situation. If William didn't seem really sparkling on the way back from church, perhaps he was feeling under the weather or maybe, having been under a barrage for hateful scandal making media sludge, neither Harry nor William felt anything but sanguine 'walking the gauntlet'. Their ladies, having only done it a few times, gave it their best shot.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:28 PM
Royal Highness

H & M did say in their engagement interview that they didn't go more than 2 weeks without seeing one another. So they managed to spend some quality time together I expect.
I am sure Catherine and William are willing and happy to support Meghans transition into the Royal family and helping her to understand the vagaries of a UK culture, all while she is being pressured by the press.
Not to mention knowing how delicate her emotions May be while being pregnant.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:49 AM
Royal Highness

I agree there could be family members who dislike Meghan for various reasons. Iím sure there are family members who also dislike other family members. We have had many stories of so called rifts of various members over the years. Could be true or not. We shall never know. I can totally believe the brothers having a go if William spoke down of Meghan. Harry is quite protective. Not that I believe the rumors but as pointed out we just donít know.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:55 AM
Serene Highness

The tabloids are still want to push a Kate vs Meghan feud. First Kate is threatened by Meghan's arrival into the Royal Family

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...al-family-news

I still can't believe they made a documentary of this nonsense. Now DM is pushing the story Kate didn't invite Meghan to her private birthday party. Well Meghan didn't invite Kate to her birthday celebration in August and no scandal. Yeah they want to bring back the 90's.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The tabloids are still want to push a Kate vs Meghan feud. First Kate is threatened by Meghan's arrival into the Royal Family

I still can't believe they made a documentary of this nonsense. Now DM is pushing the story Kate didn't invite Meghan to her private birthday party. Well Meghan didn't invite Kate to her birthday celebration in August and no scandal. Yeah they want to bring back the 90's.

I couldn't help noticing the following excerpt from The Express article:

Quote:
According to a royal insider, Meghan and Kate bonded as they played board games together at the Queen's Sandringham estate.

It looks like the UK press treats the two adult duchesses as if they were 12 year-olds.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:40 AM
Gentry

It was inevitable no matter who Harry married. If it had been Cressida for eg. Kate would be hating on Cressida because her sister Isabella Branson was supposedly someone William pursued (which funnily enough coincided with her own split from Sam Branson which then ended up in reconcilement and quick engagement.) And they'd be pushing "commoner vs aristocrat" to the hilt.

Mbruno, board games are quite popular and traditional in the UK over Christmas, even for adults. I tried to buy some at the last minute and they were sold out everywhere. Not that Kate and Meghan necessarily "bonded" over them of course.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Whatever the story, innuendo, rumor, gossip, hearsay, fabrication or just plain letters thrown together to make sentences that fill pages or bandwidth, none of them show any kind of relationship between members of the British royal family because, in a nutshell, they don't have access to their private lives and relationships whatsoever.

I'd rather hear about Elvis being sighted in Aunt Flossie's grilled cheese sandwich somewhere in the deep recesses of the Arctic circle. I'd actually salute the photographer that hikes a gazillion miles to get a picture of that too.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-13-2019, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Catherine always celebrates her birthday with the same people. It’s a mixture of family, her friends from Marlborough College and St Andrews, along with some of William’s friends and the ‘turnip toffs’, members of their Norfolk set.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Catherine always celebrates her birthday with the same people. Itís a mixture of family, her friends from Marlborough College and St Andrews, along with some of Williamís friends and the Ďturnip toffsí, members of their Norfolk set.
Thatís right. Although, she was at Kensington Palace on the day of her Birthday. So the family mightíve had tea or dinner at KP to celebrate. The DM and other media outlets have to stop this nonsense. Itís getting extremely old, tired and itís just dumb.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-13-2019, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

We don’t know that Harry and Meghan didn’t pop over the courtyard and visit Kate at KP on her actual birthday. This refers to a Sunday lunch and her birthday was in the week, so clearly she invited some friends who all know each other over to celebrate at another time and Meghan wasn’t part of that group so wasn't invited but then neither was any other member of the RF, in fact weren’t most of Kate’s family on holiday for her birthday so did they all hate each other to?
Old 01-13-2019, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Catherine always celebrates her birthday with the same people. It’s a mixture of family, her friends from Marlborough College and St Andrews, along with some of William’s friends and the ‘turnip toffs’, members of their Norfolk set.
Actually surprised that the tabloids didn't try to suggest a "rift" among Catherine and her family as they were still in the Caribbean that weekend.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Actually surprised that the tabloids didn't try to suggest a "rift" among Catherine and her family as they were still in the Caribbean that weekend.
People are more interested in Megan V Kate.....
Old 01-13-2019, 11:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post

Yeah, it would have been surprising if the Sussexes were there. To the public's knowledge Harry has never been to any of Catherine's birthday celebrations over the years. I don't think Harry and Catherine have that type of relationship, so to expect Meghan to shake-up that preexisting dynamic is rather unrealistic. It was always much more likely that she would follow her husband's lead in terms of familial relationships.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

The only thing we know for sure, on Meghan's birthday last August, Harry and Meghan attended Harry's cousin (Celia)'s wedding. We don't know how she celebrated her birthday.

We also don't know how Kate celebrated her birthday either, or who she invited. Kate should celebrate her birthday however she wants, and invite whomever she wants.

Tabloid makes a big deal out of nothing.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Their birthdays are private affairs, so we don’t know how they celebrate them and who’s invited. It all would be different if there were public events. Since their birthday celebrations private and out of the public view, it gives the press room to invent stories about who attended and who didn’t attend.

What we do know: the royals are very close and they do get together at their homes for family gatherings and personal events. I hope everyone on the Royal Forums know this and try not to get sucked into the media’s narrative that the royals personal relations are very distant and cold. That’s not the reality. They have private lives outside of their public lives.

William and Harry are extremely close and Harry see Catherine as his big sister. He said this several times. He’s known her for many years. Catherine has been very welcoming to Meghan and I’m sure they get together whenever they can.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-13-2019, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
The only thing we know for sure, on Meghan's birthday last August, Harry and Meghan attended Harry's cousin (Celia)'s wedding. We don't know how she celebrated her birthday.

We also don't know how Kate celebrated her birthday either, or who she invited. Kate should celebrate her birthday however she wants, and invite whomever she wants.

Tabloid makes a big deal out of nothing.
We do know who she invited for her birthday weekend as they went to church together. Whether she had ither celebrations for example on the day itself is indeed unknown.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Their birthdays are private affairs, so we donít know how they celebrate them and whoís invited. It all would be different if there were public events. Since their birthday celebrations private and out of the public view, it gives the press room to invent stories about who attended and who didnít attend.

What we do know: the royals are very close and they do get together at their homes for family gatherings and personal events. I hope everyone on the Royal Forums know this and try not to get sucked into the mediaís narrative that the royals personal relations are very distant and cold. Thatís not the reality. They have private lives outside of their public lives.

William and Harry are extremely close and Harry see Catherine as his big sister. He said this several times. Heís known her for many years. Catherine has been very welcoming to Meghan and Iím sure they get together whenever they can.
The bolded above is the essence of it. What we see in the press, even if it's accurate (that's a big "if") is the tip of the iceberg. The royal family, all royal families, are not performing monkeys or dolls whose sole existence is to entertain us, and who return to their cupboards in suspended animation until we see them again. In regards to Catherine's birthday, I'm sure Harry and Meghan, and Charles and Camilla, and all the other family members did whatever they usually do, and whatever is customary within the family. That might have been a phone call, a congratulatory text, a signed card, flowers, or tea and fairy cakes. Who knows? What they didn't do was give any information out to the press, so like most stories about the royals' private lives, this one is sheer speculation.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings