The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2018, 03:04 AM
Courtier

The tabloid press follow royal events closely enough to know that attendance at the board meeting is alternated between William & Harry. Even if they didn't know or had forgotten, it would be easy to check. It's obvious that there's an agenda against Meghan & they are pursuing it by looking for anything to cast her as trouble & a toxic influence on the family.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:35 AM
Majesty

As well, the Royal reporters know that Harry is fiery and protective of his wife. They might be hoping to spark a response from him on the lines of the letter of November 2016. Something they can chew over in numerous articles over Xmas and the New Year.

Old 12-08-2018, 04:32 AM
Nobility

The vile U.K. tabloid media targeted Meghan for two years straight, continue to do so and even large sections of the so-called reputable media outlets/reporters have joined in. But it’s incredibly naive not to be believe that the latest spate of attacks aren’t insider jobs. I struggle to believe the relationship between certain members of the BRF and it’s newest member is as cosy and pleasant as some would like to believe. Whether some admit it or not Meghan is a strong biracial woman of colour with well established views and her own background in humanitarian work. And a black mother. I feel Harry marrying someone so completely different to the norm really unsettled quite a few members and caused some disquiet during the courtship. The anger from within is only now spilling out into the open these past few weeks. Yes, the Windsors have never been short of a few divorced members and remarriages, and the family’s past and recent histories are littered with brides from different countries. Also, there’s the odd actress married into the firm long before Meghan (Harry dated an aristocratic one, too).. But all have one thing in common which much maligned Meghan doesn’t. Others may have been picked apart in the past. But that was/is nothing on the scale and intensity to what’s been happening since. Not on the same level, not even a minute bit. Remember, Meghan as a royal bride hasn’t committed adultery within her marriage, she’s not rubbishing royal family members in the media. Not having her toes sucked by lackeys either. She’s not a Windsor family member or bride with controversial racial views or behaviour. Nor is she a royal with global suspicion or accusations of controversial disgusting activities. What’s happening to her is in my view completely unacceptable and unjustified.

I know that in some quarters before the H/M wedding it was predicted the marriage wouldn’t last, and some still repeat the same. Thing is, Meghan is a strong individual but she’s only human and experiences emotions as well. If things do go wrong and I pray not, IMHO it will be more a case of powerful influential people deliberately making life within her marriage/royal life so miserable and unbearable to cope.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:26 AM
Royal Highness

As I have said on this forum before....it would be incredibly naive to think that Meghan as a biracial, American, divorced actress would be wholeheartedly accepted by ALL of the courtiers and staff of the royal family and even some members of the family itself.

That just would not be realistic. All people have their own prejudices, biases and beliefs. Remember that staff especially work for the royals for decades!

I would imagine that SOME courtiers and staff see themselves as being more royal than the royals...just like some royal watchers!

When he was single, Harry preferred a certain type. What's more...his two most serious girlfriends could have been twins - WHITE, blonde, blue eyes from wealthy/aristocratic backgrounds.

Meghan was a SHOCK! I distinctly remember when the relationship became publicly known, Meghan was written off as Harry's latest fling. Even when he released that unprecedented statement, there were a lot of people who still refused to believe that the relationship was serious.

I am sure that there are SOME family members , courtiers and staff who are absolutely incredulous that Harry married Meghan.

People are human beings. It is what it is.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Anyone with a lick of sense would of caught on that when Harry released the statement that this was not a fling.

As far as the men in grey go...they are lucky it's not 500 years ago. They didn't want the Queen to marry Phillip either.

I don't think there was any way that Harry married Meghan if his close immediate family did not get along with or weren't okay with the idea. I think there was a good reason he told the Queen and DoE first before anyone about Meghan. All of them have been very public in their support of Meghan from the start. William did not have to release a statement in support of Harry ... none of them had to make the various little gestures that have been made to show support.

They are a close family and they need the support of one another...they all work together and will work together the rest of their lives ...seems like I recall either Harry or William saying (at the event with the 4 of them last year) they were more or less stuck together the rest of their lives. So you kinda have to make things work.

LaRae
Old 12-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
As I have said on this forum before....it would be incredibly naive to think that Meghan as a biracial, American, divorced actress would be wholeheartedly accepted by ALL of the courtiers and staff of the royal family and even some members of the family itself.
I don’t see any evidence that antipathy towards Meghan in royal circles has anything to do with “ race”. As hard as it may be for Americans to accept that, the truth is “ race” is not as central to social relations in the UK and other countries as it is in the US.

The major problem with Meghan is that many people , like Piers Morgan in his DM article, still see her as a ruthless social climber who uses people to advance her own agenda and discards them when they are no longer needed ( I am just quoting Piers here ).

Personally, I also feel she doesn’t understand yet her position in the Royal Family ( or, to put it in another way, how the Family’s hierarchy works) and has been trying to punch above her weight since she came in as revealed in the Telegraph’s article. That kind of attitude would obviously trigger a reaction from staff and even Family members.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:16 AM
Majesty

I see terms as biracial or references to a race or colour popping up and that is the last thing which would cripple in my mind when seeing Meghan. I noticed that this only pops up in anglosaxon media.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don’t see any evidence that antipathy towards Meghan in royal circles has anything to do with “ race”. As hard as it may be for Americans to accept that, the truth is “ race” is not as central to social relations in the UK and other countries as it is in the US.

The major problem with Meghan is that many people , like Piers Morgan in his DM article, still see her as a ruthless social climber who uses people to advance her own agenda and discard them when they are no longer needed ( I am just quoting Piers here ).

Personally, I also feel she doesn’t. understand yet her position in the Royal Family ( or, to put it in another way, how the Family’s hierarchy works) and has been trying to punch above her weight since she came in as revealed in the Telegraph’s article. That kind of attitude would obviously trigger a reaction from staff and even Famiily members.
There's plenty of racism and bigotry in the UK, but I do think that there may be an element of truth to the idea that Meghan may have ruffled feathers (or enraged and offended some, depending on your viewpoint) among staff by not understanding her and Harry's relative positions in the pecking order. She admitted herself that she was not someone who followed the royals, so she may not have grasped exactly how hierarchical thing are, and how that affects staff as well as the family itself. I can easily see how she might have tread on toes in the beginning, and how that might have some lasting effects in how she is perceived by staff.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Personally, I also feel she doesn’t understand yet her position in the Royal Family ( or, to put it in another way, how the Family’s hierarchy works) and has been trying to punch above her weight since she came in as revealed in the Telegraph’s article. That kind of attitude would obviously trigger a reaction from staff and even Family members.
I can't read Telegraph articles as they are behind a pay wall.
I can accept that as an American, it would be hard for her to acclimatise to the way things work in a monarchy.
But in what way has she tried to punch above her weight?
Old 12-08-2018, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
The tabloid press follow royal events closely enough to know that attendance at the board meeting is alternated between William & Harry. Even if they didn't know or had forgotten, it would be easy to check. It's obvious that there's an agenda against Meghan & they are pursuing it by looking for anything to cast her as trouble & a toxic influence on the family.

Yes they do have plenty of resources to see that there was a pattern of alternating between the Cambridges and Harry over the years. Harry attended the meeting this year as a solo engagement, but Meghan joined him for the Christmas reception later in the day.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Royal Highness

As far as I am concerned, none of this garbage against Meghan would have even been started if Samantha and Tom Jr. hadn't started their vile jealous ranting months prior to Meghan and Harry's engagement. That is when the tabloids jumped on the band-wagon and offered mega money to them and they jumped for joy twisting stories and having hate filled nonsense printed for cash. If they had been normal humans [picture Kate's family and what they were called in media for 10 years], and refused interviews and money, I believe Meghan would have had a clean ride. I personally don't know one person that even cares about her mixed race, so what. Skin color doesn't make a person. I do not believe this is a racist problem at all. To me it will always be a money-making media dance that has found quite nasty jealous family members and are enjoying embarrassing Harry and Meghan. Shame. Now normal media is turning big time against Tom, Jr and Samantha and they are looking like dirt. Wonder if they still think it was worth it. Read where Samantha is actually having a hard time getting anyone interested in purchasing her novel. Wonder why. In order for her to make a proper profit they will have to sell quite a few thousand to public. We will see, but of course, media could always lie about that also. What a world
Old 12-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Gentry

I thought the tabloids in the States were bad........ They don't have Charles and Diana to kick around anymore (wait, not true - I Google Prince Charles because I like reading about him, and I see articles about things they said to or about each other from decades ago), so now they seem to want to cause a split between the brothers and their wives. Oh wait, not even just the brothers, but between William, Harry and their father. I've already seen 3 or 4 of the same type article claiming that because William and Harry left the Charles' birthday party before Philip that SOMETHING must be amiss between them. How stupid. I assume if Harry did leave early that it's because Meghan is pregnant and, you know, very possibly exhausted. William and Kate have young children as well as an infant...... I still haven't had a chance to watch that BBC special on Charles that aired recently, but if anyone in the media saw that and has still decided that William and Harry can't abide their father, then I have a bridge to sell them (in Brooklyn)
Old 12-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

The major problem with Meghan is that many people , like Piers Morgan in his DM article, still see her as a ruthless social climber who uses people to advance her own agenda and discards them when they are no longer needed ( I am just quoting Piers here ).

What in the world are you’re talking about? Meghan hasn’t done anything but her duties in supporting Harry and the The Queen and getting herself prepared to welcome her first born.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-08-2018, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I can't read Telegraph articles as they are behind a pay wall.
I can accept that as an American, it would be hard for her to acclimatise to the way things work in a monarchy.
But in what way has she tried to punch above her weight?
Maybe not punching above her weight but I think Meghan doesn't understand that the royal family isn't her vehicle to advance her and her causes, that it's the other way around , she is supposed to represent the monarch . In a way she's the tool , not the person using it.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

What examples (aka proof) is there that she doesn't "know her place" which seems to be what is heavily implied there. What exactly has she done that indicates lack of understanding her position? I agree she might have some old couriers uneasy because they are not used to her yet but that doesn't mean she doesn't fully understand she is the wife of the current 6th in line.

Who exactly has she discarded? And please spare me the horrendous family members who have beyond proven why she no longer associates with them. Also clearly race is a major issue since people were arrested this week plotting against them strictly based off the fact Meghan is of color. Not the only one but it is pretty consistent.

As for the Emily Andrews piece, I still think they blowing things up for the sake of just dragging out the stories. I do think they all aren't BFFs but I also don't think there is any massive drama either. 4 grown people want their own space. They don't have to work and live together. Probably the best thing in the long run.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

Leopards cannot and do not ever change their spots. That's a fact. They don't know how to knit sweaters or buy team jerseys. That's pretty much saying that character traits are what they are and the true colors of a person (not racial, mind you, but character wise) will show themselves.

I find it a conundrum that a person that has been shown by many examples through their lifetime of being of such a nature that making a difference in this world for those that need it could also be the type of person that would use people to further their own agenda. Those traits are totally on the opposite ends of the spectrum and from what I've seen, Meghan has never come across as having a "use 'em then lose 'em" mindset.

What you say, Mbruno, about not being used to how the hierarchy in the "Firm" works may very well be a valid point. We only have to read one Daily Fail comment section to be informed that the BRF are "spongers" and have everything done for them. We know this isn't true but in reality, the BRF does have staff they depend on to do their jobs so that their lives and their activities run smoothly. Enter Meghan, a woman that has, for most of her lifetime, has accomplished everything she has up to meeting Harry by applying her own elbow grease to the wheel to "get 'er done". With this in mind, it would be natural for Meghan to want to be involved with every single aspect of her royal role and frankly, that could be a hindrance to the staff whose job it is to arrange Meghan's life and events to go smoothly. Perhaps she needs to learn to be "the Duchess that lunches" a bit more and leave staff to do what staff does best.

Nobody adapts to a totally unfamiliar lifestyle overnight and its only been going on seven months that Meghan has been officially part of the British royal family and its "Firm". There is going to be trial and error but I do believe that Meghan will adapt beautifully as time passes.

As for the stories. Meghan isn't pictured out and about that we get a slew of articles such as "The Duchess spotted riding her bike" or "The Duchess spotted leaving the restaurant" as we see a lot of with Lady Kitty Spencer so nothing along those lines for the press to bleat about. The events she has attended have been few and far between that the press can jump on for stories and there's not much in those that can generate opinions other than her fashions and her blossoming pregnancy. To keep their reading public's interest, its the sordid, scandalous, outrageous and the "tell all" scoops that generate the cash for reporter's pockets.

If anything comes out of all this, I think it would be a realization for Meghan just what her mother-in-law faced day in and day out as The Princess of Wales and after her divorce. I also believe that all of this is not going to cause rifts in the family but actually draw them closer as a support system. It may even cement Harry and Meghan's marriage even more as they face this time together. They have each other to lean on.

Just my two cents worth here.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
What examples (aka proof) is there that she doesn't "know her place" which seems to be what is heavily implied there. What exactly hasn't she done that indicates lack of understanding her position?

Who exactly has she discarded? And please spare me the horrendous family members who have beyond proven why she no longer associates with them. Also clearly race is a major issue since people were arrested this week plotting against them strictly based off the fact Meghan is of color. Not the only one but it is pretty consistent.

As for the Emily Andrews piece, I still think they blowing things up for the sake of just dragging out the stories. I do think they all aren't BFFs but I also don't think there is any massive drama either. 4 grown people want their own space. They don't have to work and live together. Probably the best thing in the long run.
From my detached point of view: None.

There are IMO little to no evidence that points to a rift between Meghan and Kate, and just as little substantial evidence that points to a rift between Harry and William.
There is admittedly just as little evidence that points to there not being a rift between various family members.
And that's how it will remain, until named staff members and friends go public and confirm that there are problems.
Or there is a public row.
- Both of which are unlikely to happen.

So most in this thread is basically speculation, based on speculation and (perhaps, repeat perhaps) some rumors and second hand reports in some papers with a dubious reputation for shall we say "biased" angling of their articles and an alternative interpretation of facts.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
Maybe not punching above her weight but I think Meghan doesn't understand that the royal family isn't her vehicle to advance her and her causes, that it's the other way around , she is supposed to represent the monarch . In a way she's the tool , not the person using it.
What on earth do you think she’s been doing? She’s representing The Queen since day 1 after her engagement and wedding.

Y’all trippin!

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I agree with you, Dman, that she's done a good job so far. In public. Its also possible though that she needs to adjust to how things are done at the office level. Seeing that up until she met Harry, she basically had her fist into every pie that she was baking and flour on her nose to boot, perhaps she is overly eager to do the same with her royal role. Where other members of the BRF have learned well the word "delegate", perhaps Meghan needs to muse over that word and realize that she *can* delegate responsibilities to her office staff and let them do the work.

Now, mind you, this is only a huge speculation on my part but I can see where that would be an area of adaptation that Meghan may need to adjust to.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree with you, Dman, that she's done a good job so far. In public. Its also possible though that she needs to adjust to how things are done at the office level. Seeing that up until she met Harry, she basically had her fist into every pie that she was baking and flour on her nose to boot, perhaps she is overly eager to do the same with her royal role. Where other members of the BRF have learned well the word "delegate", perhaps Meghan needs to muse over that word and realize that she *can* delegate responsibilities to her office staff and let them do the work.

Now, mind you, this is only a huge speculation on my part but I can see where that would be an area of adaptation that Meghan may need to adjust to.
It’s just pure speculation about her and the staff. Also, let’s remember that she her staff boss, it’s not the other way round. She's the mistress (old school talk) of her household.

Osipi, I knew this was going to happen though. I knew the media was going to turn on Meghan for no reason at all. Her father and his side of family acted a fool towards her leading up to the wedding and afterwards. She kept her head high and got on with things. She toured the UK and was beautifully received by the people, stood on ceremony with the family and embarked on her first major successful tour. She performed brilliantly through it all...while newly pregnant btw.

Now, the successful year is coming to an end and the press has decided to make her out to be a problem. A problem with her staff, a problem within the family and breaking up the relationship between two brothers.

What has she’s done to deserve this very harsh treatment? It wouldn’t surprise me if Doria came over to the London and took her daughter home. Just get her away from an ungrateful UK press.

A.W. TOZER

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings