The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-07-2018, 09:26 PM
Majesty

Their turn in the barrel? You missed the part in the story that said they alternate years. Harry didn’t attend last years board meeting.

Court Circular 7 December 2017 Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, today held a Board Meeting at Kensington Palace.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:35 PM
Heir Apparent

You all remember, the Cambridges had two engagements on Tuesday and flew to Cyprus and back for an engagement Wednesday.

I'm not surprised they didn't plan to attend Thursday's Foundation events especially as Harry and Meghan were attending.

I don't doubt that William and Harry don't always see eye to eye on things but to believe they are so estranged that they can't attend the same event is ridiculous.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Majesty

And just to be 100 accurate, Meghan didn’t attend the board meeting either. As KP said this meeting dealt with issues pertaining to Harry. Meghan did go to the party afterwards though.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Let's all be a bit logical here. As far as Harry and Meghan's courtship, we have to remember just how good these two were at doing it under the radar without anyone knowing their comings and goings. The press couldn't snuffle them out, get pictures or even get a decent story to print about them. Where were the reports of this "feud" back when it was happening with Harry wanting to be engaged?

Remember how surprised we all were when we found out that Harry and Meghan had been spending a lot of time together at Nottingham Cottage for quite a while with no one knowing? Everything really was kept quite private. Now, all of a sudden over a year later, these stories are coming out. Where from and what reliable sources is what I'd like to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
And just to be 100 accurate, Meghan didn’t attend the board meeting either. As KP said this meeting dealt with issues pertaining to Harry. Meghan did go to the party afterwards though.
This makes a whole lot of sense. Although all four of them are patrons of the Royal Foundation, they each have their own separate areas of interests and projects that have their own separate management boards and staff. The Royal Foundation is the big umbrella that covers all of them. I'd never expect to see William at a meeting for the Invictus Games as that's primarily Harry's project.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
If they were disgruntled before about having access to Meghan, they ain't seen nothing yet.*
THIS! I would not be surprised if the birth and christening of their child/children will be private and closed to the media with only a few official photos of the events.

As a matter of fact, with their penchant for complete privacy, we might jusk wake up one day with the child being born and no one would be the wiser!
Old 12-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Majesty

Yes Osipi, that's what I'm afraid of. More disgruntlement about reduced access which will result in more anti-Meghan articles in the tabloids that millions read.

Especially as that article was accompanied by another one containing a thinly disguised barb about an ancestor of Meghan's, Mary Bird, having worked as a servant in Windsor Castle. There's also a third article about uncomfortable body language between the four at the February Heads Together Symposium when the possibility of arguments was mentioned by the interviewer.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Let's all be a bit logical here. As far as Harry and Meghan's courtship, we have to remember just how good these two were at doing it under the radar without anyone knowing their comings and goings. The press couldn't snuffle them out, get pictures or even get a decent story to print about them. Where were the reports of this "feud" back when it was happening with Harry wanting to be engaged?

Remember how surprised we all were when we found out that Harry and Meghan had been spending a lot of time together at Nottingham Cottage for quite a while with no one knowing? Everything really was kept quite private. Now, all of a sudden over a year later, these stories are coming out. Where from and what reliable sources is what I'd like to know.

This basically. The timing of all these various version of this feud is what’s troubling. Where was all these tension stories when it was happening? It certainly wasn’t for the lack of trying to dig for information from the press. In fact, we were told the exact opposite in regard to some of the stories back then. And now all of sudden the Sussexes are moving to Frogmore and these supposed sources are talking when they’ve been silent for two years? It’s hard to buy it.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting article there by Emily. She didn't really paint anyone in a favorable light. Heck she downright insulted their intelligence. Just seems to me the press is determined to make this rivalry a thing.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
This basically. The timing of all these various version of this feud is what’s troubling. Where was all these tension stories when it was happening? It certainly wasn’t for the lack of trying to dig for information from the press. In fact, we were told the exact opposite in regard to some of the stories back then. And now all of sudden the Sussexes are moving to Frogmore and these supposed sources are talking when they’ve been silent for two years? It’s hard to buy it.
I agree, it is extremely odd that all this is exploding into print right now. If all this drama were going on all this time, there would have had to have been some hint of it sooner than the last few weeks.

I've said before-even IF William counseled his brother to not rush his relationship with Meghan, now that Harry is married and has a child on the way it is insane to believe William is trying to break up the Sussexes' marriage. That makes no sense whatsoever.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Serene Highness

That was included in the palace denial that I referenced , that they switch off. The point is the rags are dovetailing events to fit a narrative.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Y'know what all this reminds me of? The behavior of the press at the time of Diana's death. Clamoring for the Queen to show herself and for the family to be out and about in public to "console" them. No respect at all for a family in shock and deep mourning.

Perhaps they figure if they throw enough dirt around about the interactions between the members of the BRF, it'll spur them on to playing puppets for the press to prove otherwise. To me, that's pure bullying. Instead of stealing their lunch money, they're stealing their private lives and interactions.

It ain't going to work.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Interesting article there by Emily. She didn't really paint anyone in a favorable light. Heck she downright insulted their intelligence. Just seems to me the press is determined to make this rivalry a thing.
The press haven’t taken too well to the fact that Harry is protective of Meghan and they’re being kept at a distance. William has done the same thing to Catherine and the media didn’t take well to that either. The press couldn’t wait for Harry to get married, so they could create this idea of friction between the couples.

Right now, veteran royal watchers aren’t buying it -rightful so- but after a while the stories will start to stick.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Y'know what all this reminds me of? The behavior of the press at the time of Diana's death. Clamoring for the Queen to show herself and for the family to be out and about in public to "console" them. No respect at all for a family in shock and deep mourning.

Perhaps they figure if they throw enough dirt around about the interactions between the members of the BRF, it'll spur them on to playing puppets for the press to prove otherwise. To me, that's pure bullying. Instead of stealing their lunch money, they're stealing their private lives and interactions.

It ain't going to work.
Yes, I think the BRF learned from their experiences with the bullying press in 1997 and won't be bullied again. If any press wanted more access, this is the opposite of what they should have done.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Yes, I think the BRF learned from their experiences with the bullying press in 1997 and won't be bullied again. If any press wanted more access, this is the opposite of what they should have done.
Yep, the press want more access to Meghan. They’re not getting it so they’ve decided to make Meghan the bad girl. Although she haven’t done anything to deserve this kind of treatment.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-07-2018, 11:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I definitely think right now the press is trying to force some kind of reaction from the royals. They think if they trash them all enough that they will feel the need to do some damage control and maybe we might get a "Royal Four" engagement or the ladies might have another "Duchess Day Out" or something to that effect. I don't think it will work.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I definitely think right now the press is trying to force some kind of reaction from the royals. They think if they trash them all enough that they will feel the need to do some damage control and maybe we might get a "Royal Four" engagement or the ladies might have another "Duchess Day Out" or something to that effect. I don't think it will work.
I don’t like the royals playing at the presses low level, but I don’t think it would hurt for some Royal Fab Four appearances to happen. We might not get that though. Just the family pre-Christmas lunch and the Christmas church appearance.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-07-2018, 11:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I hope it doesn't work. Or the press will see this as a successful formula to getting their way. It will encourage them to do the same thing in the future, with escalation. It's like a misbehaving child, you don't reinforce their bad behavior.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I hope it doesn't work. Or the press will see this as a successful formula to getting their way. It will encourage them to do the same thing in the future, with escalation. It's like a misbehaving child, you don't reinforce their bad behavior.
That’s a very good point too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-07-2018, 11:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
This might be the first time it is happening to the fab four but this has always been the press reaction to Meghan whenever she doesn't appear from the public eye for more than a week and a half and there are no future engagement announced.

The press doesn't quiet down during the time Meghan is absent they become louder and hostile throwing one negative story after an other almost in a attempt to smoke her out. They fall silent when she appears and starts up again when she rests.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the stories started right after the tour. The press had 16 straight days of Meghan where they were able to publish stories and pictures about her on tour which were likely very profitable for the papers and since then it has only been mostly private engagements so what they are doing is hyping up a big story for that the next time they are seen together (Christmas) so they are creating a bigger demand for those pictures and that story to make up for that.

Meghan has gone through this cycle and it hasn't made her change her schedule yet so I doubt the other royals will either.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
This might be the first time it is happening to the fab four but this has always been the press reaction to Meghan whenever she doesn't appear from the public eye for more than a week and a half and there are no future engagement announced.

The press doesn't quiet down during the time Meghan is absent they become louder and hostile throwing one negative story after an other almost in a attempt to smoke her out. They fall silent when she appears and starts up again when she rests.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the stories started right after the tour. The press had 16 straight days of Meghan where they were able to publish stories and pictures about her on tour which were likely very profitable for the papers and since then it has only been mostly private engagements so what they are doing is hyping up a big story for that the next time they are seen together (Christmas) so they are creating a bigger demand for those pictures and that story to make up for that.

Meghan has gone through this cycle and it hasn't made her change her schedule yet so I doubt the other royals will either.
I did notice that with the Markle debacle during the Summer silly season.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings