The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-04-2018, 03:24 AM
Royal Highness

I agree wholeheartedly! Don't give this garbage any more clicks by posting the links on this forum!

Old 12-04-2018, 03:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
[...] The less people that have access to their private lives, the better. [...]
That possibly is also the reason why the Dutch King, 5 years after his accession to the throne, still lives in his private villa, on his private domain, instead of one of the royal palaces. Yes, the intended residence is in restoration but the notion that an undisturbed family life is key, especially for the children, will be a major factor in this.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:03 AM
Courtier

Just adding that the Cambridges don't alternate Christmas between Sandringham & Bucklebury. They're usually at Sandringham ie 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & at least 2 of those years have had the Middletons to stay at Anmer.

It's always a juggling act for any family as the children grow up & form families of their own. Whatever the royal family does will be perceived by some media as a drama because that's unfortunately what sells. The truth is more likely to be the royal family version of the compromising arrangements made each year between all families.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:34 AM
Royal Highness

They alternate with the Middletons.

2012-With the Midds in Bucklebury
2014-With the Midds at Anmer
2016-With the Midds at Bucklebury

Because it's an even year it's seen as a Middleton year. The interviews with James and Carole allude to them planning for Bucklebury this year. We'll see if those plans have been changed or not.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:04 AM
Courtier

Yes it becomes even more complex when you have two sets of married children & grandchildren, as the Middletons now have. They have to factor in Pippa's new family, who have another set of grandparents. As a Granny myself, I know it's lovely to have your whole family together but it's a changing scene & it doesn't happen every year. I'm just thankful my family isn't in the spotlight - it must be horrendous.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:08 AM
Royal Highness

Luckily the Matthews have synched up with the Cambridges. Last year Pippa spent Christmas with the Matthews family. They also do even years with the Middletons, as we saw Pippa and her husband (then fiancé) with the Midds in Bucklebury 2016.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:58 AM
Majesty

And later James Middleton will probably have a family of his own and their will be more grandchildren and another set of grandparents to visit.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:55 AM
Royal Highness

The below site (a Meghan news website) also provides some thoughtful reflections regarding how streamlining efforts as part of Charles' vision for the future may have some connection with the Sussexes preferred move to Windsor:
Mad About Meghan

"... we have seen an endless abundance of 'filler' royal stories doing the rounds with little interest in accuracy in recent months... There's been a great deal written about the relationship between William and Harry. A much greater deal about the relationship between Kate and Meghan. Much amounts to fictitious gossip at best and irresponsible use of opinion as fact... What I will say is the Sussexes and Cambridges are very different people, with very different approaches to their roles and very different paths ahead.

William and Harry have always had an enduring bond and it is my hope that will always be the case. Clearly, given their different visions and futures, it's not working for all four of them together at KP... As many of us can attest family and in-law dynamics are challenging at the best of times. When you throw in working relationships, tensions can certainly arise. I do expect we'll hear of a formal division of their offices...

There's a number of other layers and factors to consider that haven't received sufficient consideration in my opinion. Given Charles' plans for a streamlined monarchy, it's entirely possible Harry and Meghan's children will not have royal titles and will forge their own career paths. Windsor offers a much more relaxed upbringing for them. Both Harry and Meghan adore the countryside and the Windsor estate is a beautiful place to bring up a family...

The move may have been planned with an eye for the future. Indeed it's long been reported by outlets including The Times that Charles hopes to turn Buckingham Palace into a more business-focused palace rather than the home of the monarch when he is king. In 2011, Andrew Marr revealed senior royal sources told him Charles would potentially base himself at Windsor Castle and not Buckingham Palace as king. The news could very well be a part of the bigger picture. Meghan is incredibly close to Charles, and he sees her and Harry as major players in his monarchy. With Harry's well-established areas of focus and Meghan's work ethic, a dedicated team of their own makes perfect sense to me."
Old 12-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=miss whirley;2177251]They alternate with the Middletons.

2012-With the Midds in Bucklebury
2014-With the Midds at Anmer
2016-With the Midds at Bucklebury

It's nice that the Middletons were able to join them at Amner in 2014 when Catherine was expecting Charlotte.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The discussion about racism in the media has been moved to The British Royal Family: Race & Racism thread (which at the moment is currently closed). Let's get back on-topic.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Majesty

I don’t think Catherine and Meghan are mortal enemies but nor do I think they’re besties.

Sometimes there’s power struggles when dealing with certain situations. But monarchy is a top down power struggle. End of.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:33 PM
Royal Highness

That's why these 2 over 30 year old MEN with wives and children/soon to be child need to have their OWN space, homes, staff and royal foundations. William is the future King. Harry will become like Andrew and Edward eventually.

It is sheer lunacy for anyone to think that they should be stuck together like little boys!
Old 12-04-2018, 07:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Somehow, I can't imagine any of the British royal family in a power struggle between them. For the most part, they've grown up in the institution of the monarchy and know that how things are aren't going to change. I think it was pretty much emphasized when Philip retired from doing public duty that the rest of the family would be "Team Windsor".

As the family is in state of a soft transition right now between monarchs with Charles and Camilla stepping up, Harry and William and spouses stepping up into full time royal roles and the Queen bit by bit slowing down, there's bound to be conflicts and differences of opinion on how things should go but that is to be expected.

None of them, IMO, want to usurp another on the public stage and the reality is, the public stage is basically all we see of them.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-04-2018, 07:39 PM
Royal Highness

Rudolph
Terri

Very much agree with both of you, these are intelligent, strong minded mature people here, not teenagers looking for the most followers. They both, be it William/Catherine and Harry/Megan lead very different lives all according to the way the firm works. Both duchesses are to darn smart to want a rift in the family, both have and will have children to raise, that takes priority first. Because of the positions of both William and Harry they know just what has to be done now and in the future......and their wives will follow the same.

Anyone believes other wise well there is the crown jewels for sale and I know the sellers.....
Old 12-04-2018, 09:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
You're calling her Yoko, in order to continue spreading hatred unnecessarily towards her. That is sad.
No, I'm calling her that because that's how she is being depicted in these stories. Like Yoko Ono, Meghan is from a different country and race, and she's (in rumors, at least) breaking up the Fab Four.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, I think that's a good analogy to use, kalnel, and I didn't find that it disparaged Meghan in any way. It fits in with the topic of discussion that Meghan is breaking up the "old gang" (which she isn't). John was as much in love with his Yoko as Harry is with his Meghan.

Love happens and it changes things.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-05-2018, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

So much as been written recently about the Meghan/Kate relationship in the press and on social media and forums it is hard not to believe some truth in the matter. certainly Meghan has been a massive change for the family and this will cause adjustments form everyone. I think it was unrealistic to expect the "Fab Four" to always be a united four - William will be Prince of Wales and then King and his role along with Kate will shift. Harry on the other hand is not destined for these positions and can be more informal.

I think they way Meghan works is probably very different to how other royals work - and staff maybe need time too adjust.

Kate and Meghan have different backgrounds and different interests and whilst they maybe aren't the greatest of friends I think that is probably the extent of it. no great friendship or love but also no great rivalry or disagreement.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:12 AM
Royal Highness

Just because Catherine and Meghan married brothers doesn't mean they NEED to be BFFs.

And I have said it before...while Harry may have envied William as the more important brother and future King when he was young, he must be thanking God for being born the spare now! His children will have the benefit of being connected to royalty, but also be able to have more private lives than their first cousins if they choose (especially if Harry and Meghan choose no titles for them except for those as children of a duke)

If we think that the media and social media are atrocious now....can you imagine what it will be like 10 or 20 years from now? I shudder at the thought! George, Charlotte and Louis as well as their potential spouses are facing a horrendous future from a media standpoint IMO.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
...If we think that the media and social media are atrocious now....can you imagine what it will be like 10 or 20 years from now? I shudder at the thought! George, Charlotte and Louis as well as their potential spouses are facing a horrendous future from a media standpoint IMO.
Actually IMO, if you look at how the press treats this issue of intra family relations, it does not get increasingly worse over time. It waxes and wanes. This one hates that one and then that abates and someone else is spatting. They even say it of the Queen, usually "expressing her displeasure" at someone or some other rot. It will come and go.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

But, compared to 20 years ago, you did not have the prevalence of fake news and social media that exists now. That is what I meant....given the explosion of social media trolls, cyber bullying and fake news....what will it be like years from now when the royal children become adults?

Yes, the UK media has been writing about royal feuds for ever BUT the cyber bullying and fake news have become global. With more and more people relying on digital news instead of printed newspapers, there will be growing pressure and competition for gossip and drama. There will always be a demand for gossip about the UK royals. And that demand keeps growing!

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings