The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
Kate must be disappointed to miss Christmas at Bucklebury this year, considering it is Louis' first.

Now she has to go to Sandringham in a show of solidarity??!

(I do think the Cambridges planned to spend Christmas with the Middletons, since Carole talked about how the children could decorate a tree in their own rooms).
They most likely will be making themselves over to grandpa and grandma Middleton’s house for the holidays. That’s how it is, hopping from house to house to eat and collect presents.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-03-2018, 05:18 PM
Courtier

I feel sorry for the Royal Family. Every week in the NZ 'women's' magazines, they are on the cover, because of a so-called 'bitter feud' between, Camilla-Kate, or Meghan-Eugenie or... insert name here – and apparently the Princes are being 'torn apart' on a weekly basis (usually mondays when the magazines come out ) and are 'incandescent with rage'. Funnily enough, these 'bitter feuds' are only between the Wales, Sussexes, Cambridges and Yorks, seems like Princess Anne and Sophie Wessex are just minding their own business, not getting into 'feuds' with anyone. For some reason Zara and Mike also don't get dragged into these 'bitter feuds' – is it because they're private and have the werewithall to possibly fight back?

I think these magazines should be ashamed of themselves. It's lies, lies, lies every week. I refuse to buy this crap. I buy Hello which is generally good (and has good photos of more than just the core Royals).

IMO, the Royals are just like everyone else. Some will get on tremendously well, others less so, but as long as everyone is cordial and friendly – which I think they are judging by body language – then that's all that is needed. But niceness doesn't sell; only drama and intrigue, and all sold to the world by unnamed 'sources'. i get beyond frustrated when friends of mine, who don't 'know' the royal family as I do, believe these magazines and quote them to me as though they were the Gospel truth.

I need a teeth-grinding emoj!

Old 12-03-2018, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
What a shame they have gave in to the media if it’s true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
Kate must be disappointed to miss Christmas at Bucklebury this year, considering it is Louis' first.

Now she has to go to Sandringham in a show of solidarity??!

(I do think the Cambridges planned to spend Christmas with the Middletons, since Carole talked about how the children could decorate a tree in their own rooms).
I believe this was a story in the DM with no confirmation. Why is is being taken as the gospel truth?

I'll believe it only IF the Cambridges appear in Sandringham on Christmas Day.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Majesty

I'm hoping they don't. This year is a big year for the Middletons with Catherine's third and, more importantly, Pippa's first baby. They deserve the chance to share the joy and not have to try and placate the poison pens of the media. The Sussex's are (hopefully) going to be happy spending time with Doria and the rest of the royal family.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm going to go with my grandmother's wise advice. "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" although I do believe the pictures of walking to church at Sandringham are pretty credible. As long as everybody enjoys their holidays, that's what really matters.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-03-2018, 06:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria Murphy putting everything into perspective-
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...mpression=true

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Royal Highness

That is hands down the best article I have read in recent times! Pure common sense! But then again, when dealing with tabloids and money, common sense is never the focus and it is not so common! It is gossip that sells and is amplified for more drama!

Interesting twitter responses from ex-royal chef Darren McGrady as well!
https://mobile.twitter.com/DarrenMcG...48438535028737
https://mobile.twitter.com/DarrenMcG...42182885834754
Old 12-03-2018, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

This was surprisingly rational and fair. Go VA!
Old 12-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Nobility

It almost doesn't matter whether the stories true or not, because stories like this are entirely predictable. You can't have two "good" princesses in the same fairy tale, so Kate is (until further notice) going to be the "good" princess and Yoko...I mean, Meghan...is the "bad" princess. Doesn't matter what they actually do or think, because that's the storyline.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
It almost doesn't matter whether the stories true or not, because stories like this are entirely predictable. You can't have two "good" princesses in the same fairy tale, so Kate is (until further notice) going to be the "good" princess and Yoko...I mean, Meghan...is the "bad" princess. Doesn't matter what they actually do or think, because that's the storyline.
You're calling her Yoko, in order to continue spreading hatred unnecessarily towards her. That is sad.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Victoria Murphy putting everything into perspective-
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...mpression=true
Great perspective. And I agree with posters who point out that we can never really know what goes on behind palace walls. Even staff and courtiers are not privy to every private interaction, and if purported 'sources' overhear something, it could be misunderstood, overblown or taken completely out of context.

I agree with Murphy's assesment, and it's interesting that she says it was KP press office (not BP) who commented on one 'feud' story by saying, 'That never happened.' Murphy writes:
"One of the most illuminating moments for observers of the William-Kate-Harry-and-Meghan dynamic came when the foursome were carrying out their first official engagement together at the Royal Foundation Forum in February.

Host Tina Daheley asked them 'Do you ever have disagreements about things?' Cue laughter. Meghan looks down, Kate fiddles with her hair and William says: 'Oh yes' ... William says it himself—yes they do. Yes they have. Yet there they were, all four of them, sitting together on a stage, laughing together and working together.

'The last thing you disagreed on, how did you resolve it?' Daheley presses in an interview style that seems a lot bolder now than it did at the time. 'Is it resolved? We don’t know!' William said."

I would also add that all four royals, including Kate and Meghan seemed amused by the question, not uncomfortable. Harry laughed and said, 'We work things out. We're stuck with each other for life.'"

As a reminder, there were early summer references in the media to stories about Meghan hugging staff members. The revelation was published in a mild rebuking tone.

In any case, the fact remains, we are not on the inside and we never will be. The brothers are very private and will continue protecting their families and their privacy. Their wives are both smart and tough. I don't doubt mild tensions and/or misunderstandings may occur, but I'd be surprised at anything major. It seems to me Kate & Meghan know their respective roles and aren't at odds with each other. In fact, they likely inspire each other and are equally holding their own in this high profile family. It's even possible that the four have had a laugh or two or three over the reported 'rift' nonsense, complete with eyerolls and headshaking.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:24 PM
Royal Highness

They are getting the inlaws involved

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...-PR-blitz.html
Old 12-03-2018, 10:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

All of this makes me realize just why the Cambridges and most likely the Sussexes are going to be households that have the minimum amount of staff working in their residences that they can possibly have. The less people that have access to their private lives, the better. Both women seem to enjoy the day to day domestic types of things such as cooking and gardening and I would imagine that (as has been stated somewhere before) the kitchen is the hub of the home.

They all seem to work together very nicely and that's something that will be a forefront of their royal lives for quite a while yet. They'll also have their own separate families with their own activities and thats how it should be.

Glad all the bizarre stuff finally is starting to end.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:21 PM
Majesty

Victoria Murphys article pretty much sums it. All families go through it, especially families in such close proximity to each This too shall pass when Harry and Meghan move to Windsor.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:31 PM
Majesty

How do we know anything happened in the first place? And if there was something why would the Sussexes move to Windsor affect it? Imo we are likely to see the four of them together long before March when the baby is due and the move is on. Perhaps on Xmas Day, or before.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:46 PM
Royal Highness

Well, there is the annual pre-Christmas gathering the Queen hosts at BP, isn't there? Is that still on for this year?
Old 12-04-2018, 12:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure it is. The only thing we'll see from that is the people arriving so I really doubt we'll see family interaction. Just couples arriving and maybe departing. There may also be pictures from the Diplomatic Reception but as that's a formal occasion, I doubt we'll actually see much interaction. Just a few posed pictures hopefully.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Royal Highness

This commentary by Victoria Arbiter also makes a ton of sense:

https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/12/03...e-relationship
Old 12-04-2018, 02:11 AM
Serene Highness

This will be an interesting Christmas at Sandringham for there are 2 newly married ins - Meghan, who was invited last year, and Jack. I wonder if Eugenie will choose to celebrate with her new husband’s family or if she and Jack will be at Sandringham.
Just because the Cambridges have in the past alternated between Buckleberry and Sandringham doesn’t mean they will continue to do so going forward, perhaps Pippa’s inlaws, the Mathews, have plans which she’ll be a part of which could influence when the Cambridges arrive in Buckleberry. It might be easier to do as Camilla has done, Christmas with Charles and the royals and then an early exit for the holiday with her children and grandchildren.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:12 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks Maia Maia, that was a really good read. Now that is the kind of news articles that need to be out there to help stop this other crap that is being put out about both Duchesses. I for one do not believe there is any type of rift or whatever between the 2 ladies, or their husbands. Both William and Harry grew up with the media and know just how they operate, and Catherine after all these years surely knows the same and they will guide and help Meghan through this. I know Meghan is used to the media being in the entertainment world yet being a royal duchess is a whole different ball park for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I mean, is it REALLY necessary to post each article/gossip from the Daily Mail about this alleged« feud » ? You’re just feeding the beast !
I don ‘t remember such outcry when the DM made the most outrageaous headlines about Charles, Camilla, William or Catherine. Some of these « articles » were not even posted on this forum, becaude EVERYONE knew it was pure nonsense.
It seems to me that some well intentioned fans of the duchess of Sussex are maybe a bit too overprotective and yes have to learn that Meghan has signed for that, the tabloîd press, by entering into the BRF. That’s part of the job.
And believe me this story is just an appetizer … many many more will come in the future.
So « keep calm and carry on » …
As I have said before this is the best comment regarding these threads I have read in a very long time........we all should take notice of each other's comments and be respectful to all here!

Closed Thread

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings