The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-02-2018, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Anything for a story! If I’m not mistaken the Cambridge’s had Christmas at Sandringham last year so would be due in Bucklebury this year with Kate’s family anyway!

Old 12-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Now the Cambridges are not coming to Sandringham for Christmas because of beefing with the Sussexes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...stmas-Day.html

William and Kate were going to split time with their families this year. They are going to have to show up of the tabloids will take it as conformation of the "feud".
My eyes just rolled SO FAR into the back of my head. It's well known that the Cambridges spend every other Christmas with the Middletons, and they were with the Royal Family last year so this year is a Middleton year.

I'm guessing what's closer to the truth is that Meghan and Kate get on fine, they're just two very different people with different personalities and styles and may not be exceptionally close.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Now the Cambridges are not coming to Sandringham for Christmas because of beefing with the Sussexes.

William and Kate were going to split time with their families this year. They are going to have to show up of the tabloids will take it as conformation of the "feud".
We first heard the Cambridges were going to Bucklebury for Christmas this year weeks ago, before the tension and feud stories. It is nothing new, they’ve alternated Christmas between Sandringham and Bucklebury since they married. They are not going to change their plans because of the tabloids. William & Kate won’t play that game.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
We first heard the Cambridges were going to Bucklebury for Christmas this year weeks ago, before the tension and feud stories. It is nothing new, they’ve alternated Christmas between Sandringham and Bucklebury since they married. They are not going to change their plans because of the tabloids. William & Kate won’t play that game.
Just like we heard awhile ago that Harry’s former press secretary, Edward Lane Fox was leaving & Samantha Cohen would most likely be temporary, now fake news tabloids are trying to promote that it’s because of a demanding duchess.

If media can’t get basic readily available information correct, why do people believe that the media know about the relationship between family members?
Old 12-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
Just like we heard awhile ago that Harry’s former press secretary, Edward Lane Fox was leaving & Samantha Cohen would most likely be temporary, now fake news tabloids are trying to promote that it’s because of a demanding duchess.

If media can’t get basic readily available information correct, why do people believe that the media know about the relationship between family members?
Because the press seems to be catering to the public that enjoys drama and scandal and don’t know or care what is truthful or old information so long as it is a scandalous or outrageous story. There may be simple grains of truth in some stories but they are so twisted and embellished the truth is hidden.
I would guess very few RR know the actual truth about most of the BRF relationships.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The stark reality of it all is that most of the general public (UK and globally) do not follow these royals day to day like we do and its so easy to feed them the stories that the media (tabloids and otherwise) want to establish.

Our relationship to the British royal family and their activities, their likes and dislikes and even their interactions in public is such that we can see the embellishments, the outright untruths and the pure fiction that is presented day in and day out. We're more of an intense breed, I guess, than the average person.

Its why I refuse to follow any British royal in any publication, social media and basically feed my interest here in these forums. To me, if Kate and Meghan or William and Harry or the Queen and Camilla with Charles acting as referee have a beef with each other, its their private lives and not for public consumption.

There just seems to be a general *need* for the public to know each and every little detail of what happens in these people's private lives and they're protecting their private lives with the drawbridge up and the moat filled with flesh eating piranhas and get on with their lives. The media knows this and knows the public craves the drama, the scandal and the conflicts so it does its best to provide these stories by any means necessary. They're a dying breed and the days of cooperation between the royal family and the press is so strained that these kind of stories are what they print in order to stay in business and earn their paychecks.

Unless Kate and Meghan get into a drawn out cat fight in the middle of Kensington Palace grounds and the public sees it, we have absolutely no idea what the conditions of their relationships are. One thing I can almost guarantee is that they do not let stories such have been circulating to bother them.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-02-2018, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I mean, is it REALLY necessary to post each article/gossip from the Daily Mail about this alleged« feud » ? You’re just feeding the beast !
I don ‘t remember such outcry when the DM made the most outrageaous headlines about Charles, Camilla, William or Catherine. Some of these « articles » were not even posted on this forum, becaude EVERYONE knew it was pure nonsense.
It seems to me that some well intentioned fans of the duchess of Sussex are maybe a bit too overprotective and yes have to learn that Meghan has signed for that, the tabloîd press, by entering into the BRF. That’s part of the job.
And believe me this story is just an appetizer … many many more will come in the future.
So « keep calm and carry on » …
Old 12-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think we need to use a bit more discretion with the links we post here. Everything Daily Fail doesn't need to be posted here as for the majority of us, the Daily Fail is something we totally wish to ignore as we know their agendas.

I'd hate to see this forum turn into a site that repeats every little bit of gossip that's put out there. It makes it so much harder to keep an archive of events and factual information which is what a lot of us come here for in the first place.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I mean, is it REALLY necessary to post each article/gossip from the Daily Mail about this alleged« feud » ? You’re just feeding the beast !
I don ‘t remember such outcry when the DM made the most outrageaous headlines about Charles, Camilla, William or Catherine. Some of these « articles » were not even posted on this forum, becaude EVERYONE knew it was pure nonsense.
It seems to me that some well intentioned fans of the duchess of Sussex are maybe a bit too overprotective and yes have to learn that Meghan has signed for that, the tabloîd press, by entering into the BRF. That’s part of the job.
And believe me this story is just an appetizer … many many more will come in the future.
So « keep calm and carry on » …
Very true. It's bit of a head-scratcher to complain about the articles then post them and religiously click on them. They are being written because of those clicks, supply=demand. Especially since most of theses articles are just repeating themselves, so giving a bunch of clicks to copy-paste articles. There's a disconnect here. If you feel it's rubbish (which it likely is) then you treat it as such, you discard it. That's what royal watchers usually do when it's other royals that have a tabloid bullseye on their forehead. But yes, given the overeager response to these recent articles, we can say for certain that this is "just an appetizer" as you say.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Well, there’s an awful lot of posting of these that’s-accompanied with “obviously there’s real trouble and only Meghan-worshippers/people who want everything to be ‘Californian’ refuse to admit it” comments, too.

No matter if you’re a bigger fan of one duchess than another, or if you watch them all with interest (which I think is actually more the norm here, regular catty comments aside), surely we can all agree to maintain a degree of skepticism about these reports, given their less than stellar track record for accuracy.

I mean, even the majority of people working in these palaces only witness snippets here and there of these interactions. When they leak the little they’ve seen it heard, sometimes that little detail they have to offer is a fair representation and sometimes it’s totally out of context and taken entirely the wrong way. That’s what royal history has taught us and it aligns pretty straightforwardly with what most of us experience in real life. So we can make all the guesses we want about what these leaks of stories really say about how these people get along, and certainly a thread like this can’t exist without a degree of speculation, but we all have to understand that we aren’t ever really working with much real material.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Courtier

And now the Daily Fail says they ARE going to Sandringham

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ills-Kate.html

I think they're trying to cover their bases so no matter what happens, they can reprint their projections.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm just going to sit here in the corner and be ready to roll people's eyes back at them once they start rolling all over the place here.

Next up: Cambridges decide to spend Christmas in the Seychilles to reenact their honeymoon and leave the kids to go home with Nanny Maria and enjoy a Spanish holiday with all the trimmings. Think I can get a job with the Fail yet?

Old 12-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm just going to sit here in the corner and be ready to roll people's eyes back at them once they start rolling all over the place here.

Next up: Cambridges decide to spend Christmas in the Seychilles to reenact their honeymoon and leave the kids to go home with Nanny Maria and enjoy a Spanish holiday with all the trimmings. Think I can get a job with the Fail yet?
Sounds about right
Old 12-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Isn't it possible that the Cambridges will do both? How many other families spend Christmas Eve at X family and Christmas Day with another?

Really it's amazing that there is so much angst over where these folks are spending their holiday.

LaRae
Old 12-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Majesty

See how it was for everyone who's been around a while to go, "oh it was Bucklebury this year anyway" and this year is more special as there is a new baby from both Pippa and Catherine. That was one of the very first very public concessions made to Royal In-Laws by the Queen herself.

Now if we can just understand someone is manipulating the narrative, but just ignore it. It worked for the Markle Family Debacle. Starving it of oxygen has led to the odd references to them and being all pretty scathing because there are only so many times you can recycle the same song. The media has no access to the royals except the product of their fertile little minds. So, if someone says Meghan made Catherine cry, ignore it because there is no evidence to corroborate that statement.

The media are trying to create a belief that they have the inside track behind KP walls and by debating their bile ad nauseum and with not a little contention, it iss succeeding. The choice to believe or not lays with each and every one of us. Really?
Old 12-02-2018, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

A number of posts have been deleted. This thread is not for discussing articles about Meghan that have no relation to the thread topic (whether she is demanding, air fresheners at St. George, 5 am texts, etc), so let’s steer clear of them. Let’s also steer clear of discussing the tabloids and whether they are anti-Meghan.

Posts discussing Harry and Meghan’s new home have been moved to the Sussex Residence thread.

Posts speculating about Meghan’s former staffers and whether they leaked to the tabloids, have also been deleted. Let’s remember the forum rules about speculation:
  • Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.

This thread is about the relationships between members of the BRF. Please stay on-topic. Any further off-topic comments will be deleted.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a shame they have gave in to the media if it’s true
Old 12-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Commoner

Carry on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Things will go as planned in the first place. The tabloids do not and never will control the royal family and the royal family will never stoop to playing to the tabloids to prove anything.
I'm in agreement that the Christmas events are scheduled and will proceed as planned.

It is interesting that while we're usually quessing where the Cambridges will spend the holiday, this year James Middleton has shared in an television interview weeks ago it's a Middleton Berkshire gathering this year, and Carol Middleton (most likely with full advanced BRF approval) given her first interview making it very clear what their plans are over a month in advance

And yet there's a lot of ridiculous tabloid coverage clamoring that the Cambridges will have to split the Holiday, or put in a joint appearance to put out the fires of all the gossip and malarkey: Neither necessary, nor likely.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
What a shame they have gave in to the media if it’s true
I was thinking the same thing.
Kate must be disappointed to miss Christmas at Bucklebury this year, considering it is Louis' first.

Now she has to go to Sandringham in a show of solidarity??!

(I do think the Cambridges planned to spend Christmas with the Middletons, since Carole talked about how the children could decorate a tree in their own rooms).
Old 12-03-2018, 08:04 AM
Royal Highness

The wretched media haven't learnt their lesson yet. Thousands of Australians, New Zealanders, Fijians and Tongans proved that We the people chose not to believe their wretched negative stories.

If its a negative story then it is usually false.

Having said that of course like any family there will be disagreements. Doesn't mean a fued has started. As a Family they suffer from many dynamics as any other normal family. I do wish the media would leave the personal/private reporting about the family alone. It is not something we need to know about.

There now I have had my little rant, I wil go back and sit in the corner again.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings