The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Many, many tabloid stories posted about the relationships between members of the British royal family rank right up there with the headlines of a "gin soaked Camilla plotting the demise of the Queen" type of stories.

I believe we could all use a bit more discretion on what we deem to be credible and what can be deemed as bird cage liners.
Osipi: I think you mean “Dying Queen Tells Gin-Soaked Camilla: ‘You’ll Never Be Queen.’” Looks better in the bottom of the bird cage.��

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

Listen...there is no perfect world and there are certainly no perfect people or families. To believe that these people have perfect relations is just as naive as believing that they are at each other's throats!

These are human beings....plain and simple! And they all have flawed characters!

Old 12-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Courtier

No, nobody’s perfect. But there’s a pretty big range of behaviors that could be classified as getting along OK that lie between being the best of friends and the worst of enemies. It’s so silly that seeing anything shy of sticking to each other as constant partners is taken as William and Harry being in a fight or somehow distant. And silly that, if that happens, it simply must be their wives’ fault.
Old 12-01-2018, 03:41 PM
Royal Highness

True! Very good points!
Old 12-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Like the rest of us, all members of the royal family have those "I love you but I really, really don't like you too much right now." moments. Even the husbands and wives. Its natural. Its human nature. Of course they will have disagreements and difference of opinion but it doesn't change the underlining relationship as a whole.

We only see things on the surface and perhaps some glimmers and inklings from the royals themselves but we never, ever get the full picture of this family in private. They rightfully deserve to keep their private lives private.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-01-2018, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Well hasn't it yet been discussed here that Buckingham Palace (not KP) press office has put out a statement shooting down the ridiculous rumors of a feud between Kate & Meghan:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...ace-statement/

I haven't seen the original announcement, but apparently BP said "that never happened" about reports that Kate lashed out at Meghan for berating her staff.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Royal Highness

I have not seen anything about a Buckingham Palace statement. Are we sure that this is even real?
Old 12-01-2018, 06:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beats me. Not a clue here. Harpers Bazaar is an American fashion magazine and the two outlets mentioned in the article are The Sun and The Mirror. Its been picked up by some other sources but I don't see any really reliable sources reporting on it. Yet.

Its very possible that BP did issue a statement in a press release. Its an anomaly though, I believe.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I have not seen anything about a Buckingham Palace statement. Are we sure that this is even real?
I read about it elsewhere as well. Not sure whether it is credible.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Majesty

If Buckingham Palace had issued a statement on such a topic it would have headlined every broadsheet and internet news outlet in the United Kingdom. It didn't.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
If Buckingham Palace had issued a statement on such a topic it would have headlined every broadsheet and internet news outlet in the United Kingdom. It didn't.
I think so too. At least it would have appeared in the Telegraph, the Guardian or the Independent which I have heard are believed to be the most credible publications in the UK (politics aside).

Old 12-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Exactly. When I read about the BP statement I went looking everywhere for it, and I couldn't find it corroborated anywhere. Where is this stuff coming from?
Old 12-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Royal Highness

Where is it coming from? Easy! Imagination! Stories about drama among the Fab Four gets clicks and attention to the website! It's all about the money! Welcome to the social media age!
Old 12-01-2018, 08:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

My line of thought now is that if it has been reported that Buckingham Palace has issued a statement and Buckingham Palace didn't issue a statement, there are going to be heads rolling. I don't think BP would be overly amused if it is being reported with BP saying something they never said and accredited it to them as being "official".

The saga continues. Did BP or didn't BP issue a statement. Only the royal dogs know for sure and they ain't talking.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:16 PM
Majesty

The Mail continues to up the ante and the article below has already been copied by the Mirror.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...te-Meghan.html

To believe this tripe one would have to swallow that there was a senior aide in residence at Anmer Hall last Xmas who observed a row between the couples. And that Kate has discussed her feelings about Harry and Meghan with 'pals' and staff at KP, among other things.

Someone in the BRF and/or KP is going to have to do something fairly soon or the Fail and other tabloids are going to continue to assert that there is a real rift between the Cambridges and Sussexes. And this media campaign is going to embroil the whole senior BRF eventually if it's not stopped.

The policy of silence and ignoring it all only works IMO against sporadic attacks in specific articles, not with a sustained campaign like this one has turned out to be. This started in early November and it's now a month later.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sometimes doesn't BP/KP etc talk to reporters directly telling them whatever without issuing a letter for print?

LaRae
Old 12-01-2018, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is becoming increasingly bizarre.

Edited to add: I made myself read the entire MoS article, something I almost never do and really, "bizarre" sums it up perfectly. The writer(s) throw everything--and I do mean "everything"-- but the kitchen sink out there. They are alternately fawning, critical, and filled with faux concern. Harry's changed and it's clearly implied that it's Meghan's fault, although it started when William expressed brotherly concern on the speed of Meghan and Harry's relationship..Kate is called the "Steel Marshmallow"(?!). It's implied that there are leaks from the staff at Anmer, from within KP, and from Kate and William's friend group. Charles had to smooth things over, Meghan is consistently rude and pushy, especially to servants, and so on. Everything but the kitchen sink, and for any of this to be true, the MoS must have had microphones in every home that the royal family own.

My mind, it is boggled.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I am not giving the tabloids credibility because they don't back up anything they say; nor do they put their sources on the record by naming them. The reporting is rampant and if a lie is repeated often enough it is taken as truth.
The purpose of not revealing their sources is quite simple. The source would be sacked and so they would lose their source.

The fact that there are so many reports either means that there are multiple sources, one source revealing stuff to multiple outlets or there is nothing in it but to simply refuse to accept that the tabloids may actually have real sources because they don't name them it to ignore the consequences for any such sources should they be revealed - lose of job - and the consequences for the outlet - loss of a source.

In addition, in the UK, journalists are expected to protect their sources by not revealing them unless the court rules it is in the public interest for such sources to be revealed.

Not naming a source doesn't mean there isn't a source but that the journalist is actually protecting their source as they are entitled to do by law - Contempt of Court Act 1981 (in the UK).

More on the rights to protect sources https://www.inbrief.co.uk/media-law/...lists-sources/

Thus anyone who simply ignores a story because of unnamed sources really is ignoring British law and the rights of British journalists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
This is becoming increasingly bizarre.

Edited to add: I made myself read the entire MoS article, something I almost never do and really, "bizarre" sums it up perfectly. The writer(s) throw everything--and I do mean "everything"-- but the kitchen sink out there. They are alternately fawning, critical, and filled with faux concern. Harry's changed and it's clearly implied that it's Meghan's fault, although it started when William expressed brotherly concern on the speed of Meghan and Harry's relationship..Kate is called the "Steel Marshmallow"(?!). It's implied that there are leaks from the staff at Anmer, from within KP, and from Kate and William's friend group. Charles had to smooth things over, Meghan is consistently rude and pushy, especially to servants, and so on. Everything but the kitchen sink, and for any of this to be true, the MoS must have had microphones in every home that the royal family own.

My mind, it is boggled.
They don't need microphones - just multiple sources.

Given the salary of the palace employees there are many who will supplement their wages by leaking what they hear around the palaces to the media - often mundane stuff but often very good and reliable scandals are leaked via this route.

We know from past history sometimes the leak is from a royal themselves (Diana and the Morton book), highly placed staff but mostly it is from the lower ranks within the household.

There are 100s of people working in the royal households so 100s of potential sources for the media - some are even told by the royals to leak stuff and then in the official leak will come something not authorised which sets up a media buzz to find out more and then more and more staff are approached until the media gets a story.

With the number of stories there is something going on - a leak and it could be from a staffer or it could be from a friend within their circle who has been hurt. It could even be from within the family for some reason.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness

How would they do a mole hunt in the palace anyway? Are they going to check KP intranet to see who was dumb enough to spill tea that way? Will they go after non work email accounts? If they catch him or her and that person confesses it was all made up (face it tabloids don't bother to fact check) what happens to the broadsheets?
Old 12-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

IIRC several years ago W&H put out false info to find their leaks...perhaps something like that is being done or will be done again.

LaRae

Closed Thread

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings