The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-28-2018, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
do you mean that they are doing this now, several months after H&M married because of a warning harry issued years ago? that seems like a stretch of someone's imagination. as if all media outlets coordinated to make sure they tell the same story, at the right time based on something that happened years ago, as if they did not have other important things to report on, such as maybe eugenie's wedding, charles' 80th birthday or even the tour down under the sussexes did. shortly they will have all the christmas celebrations of the royals, so they are not lacking in photo-ops and major events this year to need to create audience.
Actually, Richard Palmer have whined about that letter in recent months, so it's not a stretch in people's imagination. And all this story that's coming out now, it's based on things that happened nearing the beginning of the year, which begs the question, why now all of sudden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
What staff resigned? ELF? Who announced his retirement LAST YEAR before Meghan even moved to London? Samantha who was retiring but was asked by the Queen to transition the Sussexes and remain for 6 months, yet still is with time after many more months?
Or was it 'Melissa' the 'super important, super exclusive palace aid, who was integral for the planing of their wedding in May' but apparently only joined the staff in April? Melissa who despite being described by the trash mags as 'Meghan's closest aid' has NEVER been seen or heard of before?
THIS. Melissa was close to Meghan and pivotal to her that we've NEVER seen her with Meghan. It's consistently been Amy Pickerill that's with Meghan. I would think if Meghan is so difficult that Amy would be the first to leave. Yet Amy looks quite happy whenever we see her and Meghan. ELF's departure was expected by many RRs when it was announced. So I'm not sure how his, and Samantha's Cohen's future departure, is now being blamed on Meghan. And that somehow means she's upsetting the balance between Harry and his brother and sister in law.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:40 PM
Courtier

Regarding the tabloid mud that is being slung, what the hell ever. What else is new...build the new girl up to tear her down. Also, people read what they want into these rumours based on whether or nor they 'like' a certain royal. For example, from reading Camilla Tominey's piece, it didn't say Meghan made Kate cry, but that Kate got emotional. That could be for a myriad of reasons that had absolutely nothing to do with Meghan, but heck, let's throw the new girl under the bus for good measure.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Here's Kate being asked about her kids prepping for Xmas and the new Sussex baby.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqu4lxFl6VF/

Thanks for sharing this video. Nice that Catherine took the time to chat with people in the crowd and said that they're excited for the new Sussex baby.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Nobility

That is a nice video of Duchess Catherine. It’s a shame that certain tabloids and broadsheets sink to promoting was is likely fictional stories to create unneeded animosity. Thankfully other publications don’t have such low standards.

The Sun’s portrayal of Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle as mortal enemies is just more misogyny

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...-just-more#amp
Old 11-28-2018, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
That is a nice video of Duchess Catherine. It’s a shame that certain tabloids and broadsheets sink to promoting was is likely fictional stories to create unneeded animosity. Thankfully other publications don’t have such low standards.

The Sun’s portrayal of Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle as mortal enemies is just more misogyny

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...-just-more#amp
Now I make a point of NOT READING anything in the tabloïds about that supposed feud !What hurts me is that they cannot reply and deny it and the fact a lot of people will beleive it !
Old 11-28-2018, 08:47 PM
Majesty

Well, when it comes to Fake News, I think the paps have it cornered in the UK.

Question: What made Catherine cry? Was Charlotte's dress too big or too small or, could it be that these flower girl dresses marked her baby girl's growth from toddler to pre-school and suddenly she is oh so very grown up and making her preferences known and taking charge!

Question: Does moving to Frogmore mean a declaration of war between William and Harry and toss in their wives for fun? Didn't William and Catherine essentially spend the first three to four years raising their children in the wilds of Wales and then Amner Hall? In that case, it is hardly surprising that H & M should follow suit and make the same choice and move into a rural home provided by HM?

This is all just nasty, vile stuff, trying to take the gilt off the gingerbread and making William, Harry, Catherine and Meghan look bad and sound worse. The only way to beat it is to refuse to become part of the narrative.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:01 PM
Serene Highness

This must be one of the most difficult things to adjust to when marrying into the BRF - learning to silently put up with all the lies and half-truths published by the press. William and Harry aren't fans of the media to begin with & this c**p must make their blood boil.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Well, when it comes to Fake News, I think the paps have it cornered in the UK. Honestly, the Queen in a snit because Meghan is going to wear ice white at her wedding and a veil to boot.

Question: What made Catherine cry? Was Charlotte's dress too big or too small or, could it be that these flower girl dresses marked her baby girl's growth from toddler to pre-school and suddenly she is oh so very grown up and making her preferences known and taking charge!

Question: Does moving to Frogmore mean a declaration of war between William and Harry and toss in their wives for fun? Didn't William and Catherine essentially spend the first three to four years raising their children in the wilds of Wales and then Amner Hall? In that case, it is hardly surprising that H & M should follow suit and make the same choice and move into a rural home provided by HM?

This is all just nasty, vile stuff, trying to take the gilt off the gingerbread and making William, Harry, Catherine and Meghan look bad and sound worse. The only way to beat it is to refuse to become part of the narrative.
You made such good points; especially about William and Kate they moved and then moved to Anmer Hall after marriage and starting of their family,and that was a good thing for them and their family.
Now Harry also wants room to raise his family, and that's a good thing too.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Just a reminder, this thread is about the relationship between royals. Comments about Meghan's interactions with royal staff, her wedding tiara and how royal reporters/the media treat her, are all off-topic. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:07 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea6 View Post
This story baffles me how and what could have Meghan done at a 3 year old s dress fitting that Kate would cry ? Can’t think of any scenario at all !
I'm not sure of course, but I'll share personally... I share an August 4th birth date with Meghan, Obama, The Queen Mother, Abigail Spencer (actress), and Richard Belzer (actor, retired from on Law and Order, SVU).

In my younger days, I made a cousin cry.

Happened when we had different viewpoints on a shared situation (whether she had rights to borrow a car without asking first. Car belonged to & was insured by my father for the use of my three brothers and myself. All of us lived at different places in the same college town), and I asserted myself when she crossed boundaries. I would say that there were two valid sides to the situation, and (perhaps unsurprisingly) still feel I was not wrong in my viewpoint. Her valid point would be that when I got pissed off, my tone was truly sharp. I could most definitely have been kinder in the way I let my thoughts be known. To my knowledge, she's the only person I've made cry. 30 years later, after 7 yrs of the silent treatment from said cousin, I have her blocked on Facebook. We were clearly never a compatible pair, but I'll admit it's embarassing to admit I have such a poor family relationship.

The stress of a wedding into a Royal family in a country one is not native to matched with someone newly a mother to a third child seems like the ideal scenario for similar emotions/snippiness to arise.

I surely hope and feel likely Kate and Meghan are more compatible than my cousin and I. In favor of this is Kate's solid, healthy, family-oriented emotional intelligence. Jury's out on Meghan. I'd expect she's truly independent and a genuine driven free spirit, who might rather go it alone than buy in long term to compromises she just doesn't care for. Again, my source is my own personality. I constantly fight myself to put up with situations not of my choosing, a major challenge for me. I get very fixed, solid and strong - like a bulldozer. For me- if forced to deal with something I don't like or stymied long term, it's a question of when -not if- I'm gonna fold, cut my losses and walk away.

Meghan's relations with William may be tougher, though. He might not view the interactions between Meghan and his wife kindly, and I'd expect his wife would have some significant emotional support from him.

That cousin I mentioned? She is also born under the sign of Cancer.
Just sayin'.

Fire and Water can really be tough together.
For me, anyway.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy-PA USA View Post
I'm not sure of course, but I'll share personally... I share an August 4th birth date with Meghan, Obama, The Queen Mother, Abigail Spencer (actress), and Richard Belzer (actor, retired from on Law and Order, SVU).

Happened when we had different viewpoints on a shared situation (whether she had rights to borrow a car without asking first. Car belonged to & was insured by my father for the use of my three brothers and myself. All of us lived at different places in the same college town), and I asserted myself when she crossed boundaries. I would say that there were two valid sides to the situation, and (perhaps unsurprisingly) still feel I was not wrong in my viewpoint. Her valid point would be that when I got pissed off, my tone was truly sharp. I could most definitely have been kinder in the way I let my thoughts be known. To my knowledge, she's the only person I've made cry. 30 years later, after 7 yrs of the silent treatment from said cousin, I have her blocked on Facebook. We were clearly never a compatible pair, but I'll admit it's embarassing to admit I have such a poor family relationship.

The stress of a wedding into a Royal family in a country one is not native to matched with someone newly a mother to a third child seems like the ideal scenario for similar emotions/snippiness to arise.

I surely hope and feel likely Kate and Meghan are more compatible than my cousin and I. In favor of this is Kate's solid, healthy, family-oriented emotional intelligence. Jury's out on Meghan. I'd expect she's truly independent and a genuine driven free spirit, who might rather go it alone than buy in long term to compromises she just doesn't care for. Again, my source is my own personality. I constantly fight myself to put up with situations not of my choosing, a major challenge for me. I get very fixed, solid and strong - like a bulldozer. For me- if forced to deal with something I don't like or stymied long term, it's a question of when -not if- I'm gonna fold, cut my losses and walk away.

Meghan's relations with William may be tougher, though. He might not view the interactions between Meghan and his wife kindly, and I'd expect his wife would have some significant emotional support from him.

That cousin I mentioned? She is also born under the sign of Cancer.
Just sayin'.

Fire and Water can really be tough together.
For me, anyway.
What I will say without going too off topic is that just because two people share Aug 4 as a day, it doesn't mean their personalities are the same. Astrology is complicated, the year and certainly even time of the day changes things. She also has significant air in her chart.

As for the story about Kate crying, no one has even said that Meghan was even there at the fitting, which isn't unlikely. Given that about half of the children in that bridal party were living in a different continent and didn't make their way to London until about 3 days before the wedding, so I'd be very careful about putting that on Meghan. And really, what kind of different opinion can one have about a 3 year old's measurements?

As for William and Meghan's relationship, they seem to be fine and friendly towards each other whenever we've seen them. It's not like it's small kids that live in the same household situation, they all go their separate ways to their own homes.

In terms of being independent and long term compromises, I don't see how they are mutually exclusive? I get that people like to use Meghan's rather small family compared to Kate, but that's hardly a sign of Meghan not caring for compromises to keep the peace. What it seems to me is that while Meghan is independent, she does have long term relationships. She's extremely close to her mother and has friendships that spanned decades. That's not someone who doesn't care to make compromises for the sake of a relationship. EVERYONE makes compromises, just depends on where they draw the line.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

^^^ Agreed. Meghan's family is her mother and her close girlfriends who have been by her side for years. Not everyone is bless with a nice family. Sometimes you have to create your own and that is what she did.

I am not surprised that international media has questioned the UK's attacks. It was getting ridiculous. It is typical nonsense. These people are family. Will they always get along? Of course not. Is it the malicious crap the press trying to peddle? Hardly.

Today Kate talked about Baby Sussex on her walkabout. It was a nice counter to the stories out. Sadly this is just the beginning. I am sure many more stories about them all are to drop because they sell and that is all these rags care about -- clicks.

Anyways, I won't be surprised if we get an engagement soon with the four of them.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Well, when it comes to Fake News, I think the paps have it cornered in the UK.

The best way to handle this press is to ignore it. The press wants to be engaged by the Fab Four because it will just prolong the store, but W&K and H&M won't do so. Eventually it will die down, and the press will find another angle. It is all drivel.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy-PA USA View Post

I really find this very interesting because I've always wondered if people who have that type of more forward, outspoken personality are aware of the way other people perceive them or the way that they make other people with different personality types feel. I'm the type that is not so outspoken, not so forward, doesn't handle conflict or confrontation well, and easily has my feelings hurt. I'm the type that easily feels attacked or berated and takes things to heart and the type that shrinks into myself when I feel like someone has jumped down my throat or been critical of me. Nothing really right or wrong, good or bad in either personality type, just different types. And the more forward types that I've encountered don't seem to ever be aware of how they're impacting those around them.

Now, that's really all to say that in all of the interviews and engagements and occasions I've seen and read with Meghan, she very much strikes me as the very blunt and very forward type. That's fine because that's just who she is but I do see where that type of personality can cause serious conflict and resentment if she's dealing with people whose personality is more like my own. I really think that's why we see people gravitate to one duchess or the other, because they recognize their own personality in one or the other.

I really can't say, as none of us can, what the behind the scenes relationship is like between Meghan and Catherine or between Meghan and any of the royals. However, if there's any truth at all to the rumors of tears at the dress fitting and those tears being a result of Meghan's interactions with Catherine, I suspect it might have something to do with an offhand comment about Charlotte's behavior or standing still combined with the stress of a royal wedding, all of the drama occurring around that wedding and with the bride's family, and being a newly postpartum mother. I very much doubt that Catherine and Meghan truly "hate" each other but I have no doubt at all that they are very, very different people with personalities that are a night and day difference and that really doesn't always make for an easy, comfortable dynamic.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:01 PM
Courtier

Well, and who’s to say Meghan was the source of the tears, assuming Kate actually was crying? I have children a similar age distance as Charlotte and Louis, and in those first, incredibly hormonal months after the baby was born, the toddler’s acting out could sometimes stress or embarrass me to the point of tears, no other adults’ comments required to push me over the edge.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
Well, and who’s to say Meghan was the source of the tears, assuming Kate actually was crying? I have children a similar age distance as Charlotte and Louis, and in those first, incredibly hormonal months after the baby was born, the toddler’s acting out could sometimes stress or embarrass me to the point of tears, no other adults’ comments required to push me over the edge.
That's entirely possible. I remember feeling exactly that way when our third child was born and we had a four and five year old at the same time. I'm simply saying that if, and that's a big if, it had anything to do with Meghan I can easily imagine that it was a comment she would have considered offhand but other personality types might have taken to heart and felt attacked or criticized.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness

This Kate v. Meghan imaginary beef has become so ridiculous Buckingham Palace had to comment

https://www-elle-com.cdn.ampproject....ument-story%2F

These stories may have been targeting Meghan but it was making everyone look bad. I wonder if there was a mole hunt to find out who is talking to the press.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:34 PM
Majesty

Suzanne Moore of the Guardian on 'alleged cat-fights' between Kate and Meghan.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...c-royal-family
Old 11-30-2018, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Suzanne Moore of the Guardian on 'alleged cat-fights' between Kate and Meghan.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...c-royal-family
Suzanne Moore summed it all up very well.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:57 PM
Nobility

Well at least there are some journalists & papers that still have integrity. That is an excellent article. Suzanne Moore certainly did summarize it well.

“I say imaginary because I don’t know the truth and nor, clearly, do the people writing this ludicrous stuff. They don’t know so much that even in their own speculation they have to put the words “rift”, “tension” and “feud” in quotation marks”.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings