The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2018, 01:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is one of my all time favorites.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Harr...Xr-qy8TGaZkZM:

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-27-2018, 01:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
. . . . . We will never know the extent of any of the British royals true relationship with each other one on one and that's the way it should be. When we do see them out and about, we need to remember that they have their "game" faces on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Exactly!

Who would have thought that Charles was close to Zara or any of his other nieces and/or nephew. But than you saw the picture of Charles hugging Zara at the races. The BRF is simply different in how they express their emotions and how they interact with each other in public.
When Zara was young and single she used to go out of her way to be daring and to wind Charles up for fun. I remember a photo of her poking her pierced tongue out at him. It was both fun and funny but her very best was to fly up to him when he was seated in the Royal Box at Ascot. She landed against him with such affection with an arm around his neck and he nearly fell off trying to dodge her hat.

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Z...7G_5Bb60Nl.jpg
http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Z...Yfwv9YpQSl.jpg
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Z...DBmS3c4f7l.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...vrvf_Wd0Wl.jpg

He hardly knows her of course.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

MaiaMia_53 I have seen all the videos. Followed them plenty. My opinion hasn't changed.

The UK media has made Meghan their target. It has been that way since she arrived and will be this way for years to come. It is what is it. I don't think Meghan and Kate hate each other. I think they are plenty civil and do their jobs. They were never going to be BFFs and it was unrealistic to expect it. This need to be one extreme or the other is exhausting.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that several off-topic posts have been removed. Let's stay on the topic of the thread. Thank you.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Where did I miss the explanation for anyone’s belief that “Harry and William aren’t all that close”? Was there a learned and frank explanation by someone who actually knows and is close to the brothers? Or is this belief just based on a hunch or a feeling by someone who only knows them through newspapers and forums?

Or is it just projection of someone’s feelings about their own siblings? Please, if I’ve missed information that forms the basis of the “not close” theory, could I be informed? Thanks.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-27-2018, 03:28 PM
Courtier

IMO Prince William and Prince Harry are very close, as close as brothers can be.
I don't know any other royal siblings closer than them, IMO. We've watched them grow in the fishbowl and we've seen how close they've always been. As adults, them having separate households is a natural progression. You grow up, get married and move out; that's healthy.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Where did I miss the explanation for anyone’s belief that “Harry and William aren’t all that close”? Was there a learned and frank explanation by someone who actually knows and is close to the brothers? Or is this belief just based on a hunch or a feeling by someone who only knows them through newspapers and forums?

Or is it just projection of someone’s feelings about their own siblings? Please, if I’ve missed information that forms the basis of the “not close” theory, could I be informed? Thanks.
On this site there is a 19 page thread called "Harry and William's relationship". If you're looking for a more in-depth discussion of people's views on the matter over the years, you might find that thread helpful.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beatrice and Eugenie are probably as close as William and Harry having had many similar experiences in a very public breakdown of their parents' marriage. They even shared the apartment at St James'.

I suspect that Peter and Zara are also as close - especially as they both live on the Gatcombe estate (yes in separate houses but still on the same property).
Old 11-27-2018, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
What I posted about summed it up. Also mention that Eugenie was upset the Sussexes didn't attend her big party after the wedding. Said Charles and Harry have grown closer. Meghan is a demanding boss who doesn't understand what works in Hollywood doesn't work at Buckingham Palace. It basically hit every rumor that has been swirling.
I wonder why Eugenie would be upset the Sussexes didn't attend her big party - Wasn't it rumoured that the Sussexes announced their baby news at her wedding, if that were the case, shouldn't she be happy they were not present at her big party?
Old 11-27-2018, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
On this site there is a 19 page thread called "Harry and William's relationship". If you're looking for a more in-depth discussion of people's views on the matter over the years, you might find that thread helpful.
Thanks, I’ve read most of that thread thru the years, but I’ve never seen anything resembling the actual facts (if there are any), just the opinions of people who don’t know the brothers.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-27-2018, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Thanks, I’ve read most of that thread thru the years, but I’ve never seen anything resembling the actual facts (if there are any), just the opinions of people who don’t know the brothers.
Well, Prince Edward's production company ran a doc that said William and Harry "don't get on". I believe Prince Edward knows his nephews, but others may see him as unreliable.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
I wonder why Eugenie would be upset the Sussexes didn't attend her big party - Wasn't it rumoured that the Sussexes announced their baby news at her wedding, if that were the case, shouldn't she be happy they were not present at her big party?
I believe that Harry and Meghan were congratulated on the pregnancy at the reception after the wedding rather than they shouted out the news. Most of the family attending the reception already knew of the pregnancy but hadn't seen Harry and Meghan in person before the wedding. That's how I interpreted it anyways.

I seriously doubt that Eugenie and Jack were upset that the Sussexes didn't make the party the day after the wedding. They could have been, for lack of a better word, sorry that they couldn't make it but I would imagine that they very much understood the reasons why they weren't there.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-27-2018, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Or maybe Eugenie was upset that the Sussexes didn't attend the day after party. People (brides) can get very odd and intense around things having to do with their wedding. I can think of a few brides I've known who did kind of lose their senses of proportion with their weddings. And so what if she did? At this point I doubt very much if it caused a permanent rift, and life goes on. I'm having a hard time seeing this as a big deal in the larger scheme of things.

Quote:
Well, Prince Edward's production company ran a doc that said William and Harry "don't get on". I believe Prince Edward knows his nephews, but others may see him as unreliable.
But that documentary was from years ago, and I don't think the status of a sibling relationship is frozen in time when the siblings are still in their teens and early 20's. I'd give this much more weight if it were recent, but as it is, I don't think it's applicable to William and Harry's adult relationship.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
But that documentary was from years ago, and I don't think the status of a sibling relationship is frozen in time when the siblings are still in their teens and early 20's. I'd give this much more weight if it were recent, but as it is, I don't think it's applicable to William and Harry's adult relationship.
I somewhat agree. But that poster said "but I’ve never seen anything", so I thought it relevant. I will add that people use incidents from the '80s and '90s to analyze and judge the relationship between other royals, yet these same people usually view something from the '00s as being 'outdated' when it concerns W&H. I find that odd and a little convenient. I also believe it relevant in regards to recent stories that their wives are driving a wedge between the brothers, when from this we can infer that W&H go through occasional rocky patches that predate their wives, so blaming the wives for any fraternal drama is quite ludicrous, imo.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Here’s the thing. I think the brothers are close. The dynamic of the relationship have obviously changed as William got married and had kids and now Harry’s married and is having a kid. It’ll change again in the future. It’s growing up. I don’t think they are not close because of it. It’s just different. And that’s ok. It’s natural for any relationship. Things change as your situation change. Obviously it’s not the same as when they shared a roof while living with Charles. But I have no doubt that the brothers are there for each other.

Just like I’m sure Eugenie and Beatrice’s relationship aren’t the same as when they shared an apartment together. It’s not that they aren’t close anymore. But their lives are just now different. They still love each other.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

None of us know any of them. People who do know them don’t talk about them, so we have no facts to work with, just feelings, and ideas.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-27-2018, 08:01 PM
Courtier

True, we don't know but I have seen nothing publically to indicate a concerning rift.

It is not unhealthy to lead ones own life. Most of us get along with our brothers without living next door.
The silly part of some reported stories is that a falling out is a reason for Harry living in Windsor.
He needs no reason to live in Windsor other than that is where they prefer to live.
The media makes more money with alarming headlines.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I just read that something made Kate cry at the Charlotte bridesmaid dress fitting. And I have read all the stuff before this about the brothers.

I want to go on record as saying (if she did) I am glad Kate cried. It is normal to cry under stress. It is a perfectly normal reaction to some situations. It does not men the situation was the end of the world, or that you hate people or that people hate you. It's. Just. Life. Honestly, I worry more about people who never cry than people who do. Let that stuff out. Then move on. Which by all accounts of Kate's character, she is capable of doing.

And as to the brothers... Siblings, like most relationships are a work in progress. It takes work. And there are times when you grow up and your private life takes first place. And then something happens and you need a sibling. And they are there for you. Live, on the phone, in texts, on video chat, it all works because you are siblings. 20 miles is nothing!

By all accounts, these two know how to chide one another out of false pride . And they know how to support one another privately. What more would anyone want of a sibling?

I think all this consternation on the part of the Press and fans is just silly! JMO.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But that documentary was made 17 years ago when William started college.
And caused Edward to leave his production company (which had made some good documentaries) because

"the film contains a series of rumours, half-truths and speculation.

The collection of so-called royal experts providing the information includes a disgraced tabloid journalist sacked after being implicated in a gun-running scandal."

"Many of the allegations about William come from Nicholas Davies, a one-time companion of the late fraudster Robert Maxwell, who was sacked from his post as foreign editor of the Daily Mirror after lying about his involvement in a gunrunning plot.

Virtually unknown in this country, Davies has published a series of scandalous revelations about the royals abroad to avoid the risk of a libel writ here."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cumentary.html

The whole documentary is unreliable so I sure wouldn't place much reliance on it saying the brothers don't get along. Besides, I'm sure there were times they didn't get along, got angry with each other and argued. Most siblings do sometimes, that doesn't mean they don't normally get along and don't love each other.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Nothing in the above post regarding Nicholas Davies is valid enough to discredit him or whatever stories he has about the Royals. Just seems like using somebody's imperfect past to discredit them. I don't know if WnH are bff's, they seem close to me, but Harry is developing his own family now so things are going to change.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings