The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #481  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,031
I think he could avoid "too intense questioning" and avoid giving too much information, without saying something like "Oh I haven't seen her for a bit" when he's seen her 2 or 3 days ago. and he does IIRC mention George at least, I seem to remember him telling some anecdote about George...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The relationship between Harry and Catherine have always been close since William and Catherine started dating. They have formed a good little brother and big sister type of a relationship. It’s all due to the many years they’ve known each other.

Harry was very excited to officially welcome Catherine into the family.
that does not seem to gibe with his sayng that he was looking forward to getting to know her, when W and Kate got engaged. and they are only about 2 years apart, Harldy "big sister and little brother".
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I may be in the minority, but I don't feel Kate and Harry are all that close.
On what are you basing your feelings? It amazes me that a lot of people who have never spoken with any of them think that they are not a close family. Harry and Kate always look happy when together, as do William and Harry.

They are worldly, educated people who have no reason to dislike one another, or to not get along. It is hugely in their own interest to have warm relationships with one another.

They are not celebrities who can walk out on their spouses or family members. They are in this relationship for a lifetime.

That’s how most families roll; mine certainly does, because it’s in their best interest.

Other families may not be able to behave in this fashion.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I may be in the minority, but I don't feel Kate and Harry are all that close.
The way they behave toward each other indicates they have a good relationship...quite chummy.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:23 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
that does not seem to gibe with his sayng that he was looking forward to getting to know her, when W and Kate got engaged. and they are only about 2 years apart, Harldy "big sister and little brother".
See my previous possible explanation of deflecting the question. Yes, it was an odd response but most likely he considered it something private and therefore not relevant thus his deflecting the question.

I do think Catherine might have some kind of sister role, especially since he never had one. Harry also seemed a little slower to grow up (due to his issues with not processing his grief well) so there might have been some dynamic with a bigger brother/sister role for William and Catherine in the past. Nowadays I don't think that is the case any longer: they are more or less equals in terms of sibling relationship.

Had they not had a good relationship among the three of them, they never would have had their foundation as it currently is...
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,031
well it seems as if you're saying that they are friendly because it is in their interests to be friendly..? Of course they are going to look friendly and hapy in public. They are hardly going to look bored or sullen.. even if they aren't that close.
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:25 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 11,329
We also have to remember that what we know and what we base our opinions on these people comes to us, for the most part, from the media. We do not and will not ever see these people in their private, interpersonal relations to each other. That line in the sand has been drawn a long time ago.
__________________
I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:26 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,204
I generally go by what they say in interviews and their body language in stills and video. You can get somewhat of an idea about things with that.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 10-14-2017, 10:41 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 242
I agree. Harry grew up in public, he knows how to hide his feelings and Kate certainly wouldn't let on that they are not close.

And yes, most people do have to get on with their in-laws, but that does not make them close, just cordial. From my experience, I know very few people who are buddy buddy with their in-laws.
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 10-14-2017, 10:43 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
And I think video or photographs taken over many years time says more about a relationship than a polite answer to a reporter's question.
We have photographs in private? No.

I am talking private vs public.

We know they do many engagements together. We know they seem to get along in public. Which is very important for them to be able to.

What we don't know is private. We have no idea if Harry spent any real private time with Kate before the couple married. He was the one who made the comment. Nor do we know how much private time they spend now. How people relate in private, how close they are, is two different things.

How would Harry know how Kate is doing with morning sickness if he hasn't spoken to them in a few weeks? And by that I mean in Private. Even if by phone. Does anyone seriousl think he is going to ask her at a public engagement? Seriously????

Spending time with your sibling and his spouse at a public engagement or group event, is not the same as spending time with them. Not at the personal level.

I am not saying Harry and Kate aren't close. But it does seem that closeness grew after the wedding. And they don't see each other on a regular basis. Which considering how much travel Harry has done over the last months, and until recently Kate and William were more often then not in Norfolk when not on an engagement, isn't that hard to believe.

If and when he marries, the time will slowly become less. When you grow up, you have your own family and lives, your time you devote to siblings and such becomes less. Doesn't mean you don't care, or you aren't friendly with your sister in law. Just reality of adult lives.
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:57 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
We have photographs in private? No.

I am talking private vs public.

We know they do many engagements together. We know they seem to get along in public. Which is very important for them to be able to.

What we don't know is private. We have no idea if Harry spent any real private time with Kate before the couple married. He was the one who made the comment. Nor do we know how much private time they spend now. How people relate in private, how close they are, is two different things.

How would Harry know how Kate is doing with morning sickness if he hasn't spoken to them in a few weeks? And by that I mean in Private. Even if by phone. Does anyone seriousl think he is going to ask her at a public engagement? Seriously????

Spending time with your sibling and his spouse at a public engagement or group event, is not the same as spending time with them. Not at the personal level.

I am not saying Harry and Kate aren't close. But it does seem that closeness grew after the wedding. And they don't see each other on a regular basis. Which considering how much travel Harry has done over the last months, and until recently Kate and William were more often then not in Norfolk when not on an engagement, isn't that hard to believe.

If and when he marries, the time will slowly become less. When you grow up, you have your own family and lives, your time you devote to siblings and such becomes less. Doesn't mean you don't care, or you aren't friendly with your sister in law. Just reality of adult lives.
This 'public engagement' was at their home! I am quite sure they spent some time together at the anniversary of their mother's death outside of the public eye. So yes, I do expect Harry to have the courtesy to ask how she is doing before they walk out of the door with the three of them... Moreover, Harry stated he had not seen her in a while which was obviously not true!

And while there is a difference between public and private, they themselves choose to do engagements together, if they didn't have a good/close relationship in private they wouldn't opt for that as it clearly isn't an expectation within the royal family. Charles for example did not set up a fund with his siblings nor does he regularly carry out engagements with them.

If Harry continues to live at KP, I don't see how they would see less of each other compared to when they lived much further apart. Nonetheless, I wouldn't equate distance and closeness as it is possible to be close and live far away from each other (and the other way around) but less distance makes things easier. So far the evidence seems to point to the three of them having a good relationship without Harry being inseparable from his older brother and his family. They clearly have their own lives as well. Seems like a healthy situation that many parents would wish for their children when they grow up...
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 10-15-2017, 01:59 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Venice CA, United States
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I may be in the minority, but I don't feel Kate and Harry are all that close.
Well, there was a time when Harry's interactions with Kate at public functions were so warm and friendly and supportive that it got people buzzing. Kate really 'lit up' when Harry was around. It was very noticeable, and then, there was a noticeable cessation of joint events, and when they did start to have joint events again, no obvious interactions were in evidence anymore. I'd say, given the history, Harry and Kate not only know each other well (as sister-in-law and brother-in-law), but likely enjoy each other's company.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 10-15-2017, 11:40 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 6,650
Posts containing comparisons between The Duchess of Cambridge and Meghan Markle have been deleted. Further posts on that unnecessary topic will be deleted - ignoring Mod notes is not acceptable.
__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 11-28-2017, 06:43 AM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 3,327
I am pretty sure that Catherine is very relieved that Harry and Meghan are now engaged. Now partly the focus is not only on her but also on Meghan. That could also mean a little bit more freedom for Catherine. And this freedom she deserves.
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 12-11-2017, 11:41 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Westfield, New Jersey, United States
Posts: 174
I'm waiting for the inevitable showdown between Prince Andrew, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, Princesses Anne and Alexandra, and Michael and Meghan regarding relationships. As a big royal family, they will have to relate and communicate with each other.

Anne is a no-nonsense princess, I wonder how she will feel about her new niece-in-law.
Reply With Quote
  #496  
Old 12-11-2017, 11:47 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
I'm waiting for the inevitable showdown between Prince Andrew, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, Princesses Anne and Alexandra, and Michael and Meghan regarding relationships. As a big royal family, they will have to relate and communicate with each other.

Anne is a no-nonsense princess, I wonder how she will feel about her new niece-in-law.
Inevitable showdown? You think for some reason a good chunk of the family will not get along with her

Harry is close to the York sisters and there is suggestion Meghan met them early on. I don't think Meghan will have much issue with those two.

Considering people like Alexandra and Princess Michael she will see at trooping and holidays not sure that is a major concern. And again not sure why we are expecting a showdown with them.

And why would Anne have issues with her???

Not sure how any of this has to do with her future royal duties. But I am wondering why you seem to think she wont mesh with almost any female royals.
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old 12-11-2017, 11:59 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Westfield, New Jersey, United States
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Inevitable showdown? You think for some reason a good chunk of the family will not get along with her

Harry is close to the York sisters and there is suggestion Meghan met them early on. I don't think Meghan will have much issue with those two.

Considering people like Alexandra and Princess Michael she will see at trooping and holidays not sure that is a major concern. And again not sure why we are expecting a showdown with them.

And why would Anne have issues with her???

Not sure how any of this has to do with her future royal duties. But I am wondering why you seem to think she wont mesh with almost any female royals.
Relationships are crucial in families. Always. Meghan is the first celebrity royal in a long time. Diana was not brought into as a celebrity royal until mid-1980s.

Anne is a countrywoman. I wonder how she feels inside about her nephew and a celebrity. These are important theories and questions to look at. The British Royal Family may be one of the most well-known families in the world.

Alexandra and Andrew don't play either. I know the late Queen Mother and Princess Margaret would have questioned this at first. Meghan will be the first biracial princess-by marriage and these questions are crucial for the future especially in a 21st century world.
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old 12-12-2017, 12:00 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Westfield, New Jersey, United States
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Inevitable showdown? You think for some reason a good chunk of the family will not get along with her

Harry is close to the York sisters and there is suggestion Meghan met them early on. I don't think Meghan will have much issue with those two.

Considering people like Alexandra and Princess Michael she will see at trooping and holidays not sure that is a major concern. And again not sure why we are expecting a showdown with them.

And why would Anne have issues with her???

Not sure how any of this has to do with her future royal duties. But I am wondering why you seem to think she wont mesh with almost any female royals.
Princess Michael is a wordy woman.
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old 12-12-2017, 12:09 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
I'm waiting for the inevitable showdown between Prince Andrew, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, Princesses Anne and Alexandra, and Michael and Meghan regarding relationships. As a big royal family, they will have to relate and communicate with each other.

Anne is a no-nonsense princess, I wonder how she will feel about her new niece-in-law.
"Inevitable showdown" seems to suggest that this will be a negative encounter.

AFAIK any initial encounter could be considered an introduction.
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old 12-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 3,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
Relationships are crucial in families. Always. Meghan is the first celebrity royal in a long time. Diana was not brought into as a celebrity royal until mid-1980s.

Anne is a countrywoman. I wonder how she feels inside about her nephew and a celebrity. These are important theories and questions to look at. The British Royal Family may be one of the most well-known families in the world.

Alexandra and Andrew don't play either. I know the late Queen Mother and Princess Margaret would have questioned this at first. Meghan will be the first biracial princess-by marriage and these questions are crucial for the future especially in a 21st century world.
I’m not sure what last part is about? What does her being biracial have anything to do with any of this?

And really, I don’t think Anne disliked Diana because of her “celebrity”. There were other obvious problems there as the Wales’ marriage issues became something everyone around them had to deal with.

I’m not sure if Alexandra and Meghan would even have that much contact with each other. They both have their own roles, and that’s just that. As for Andrew, I think he has bigger problems to worry about than his nephew’s wife to be.

The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret can question whatever they want and it wouldn’t matter. Why? Because they aren’t here.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relationships between Members of the Spanish Royal Family kil Royal Family of Spain 1490 06-04-2018 09:40 AM
Relationships between members of the Princely Family michelle Princely Family of Monaco 317 04-24-2018 05:21 PM
Relationships between the Members of the Danish Royal Family jellybeans Royal House of Denmark 316 04-01-2018 11:42 AM
Relationships Between Members of the Swedish Royal Family Grandduchess24 Royal House of Sweden 56 11-02-2015 01:32 PM
Relationships between members of the Norwegian royal family. Dennism Royal House of Norway 78 11-22-2012 07:04 AM




Popular Tags
"chinese gordon" camilla caracciolo chris o'neill crown princess victoria current events duchess of brabant duchess of cambridge evening wear family fashion general news germany grandchild hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein meghan markle news nobel 2017 parliament porphyria prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince emmanuel prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince oscar prince sebastian princess alexandra of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess victoria queen letizia queen letizia eveningwear queen mary of teck queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima style queen silvia romanov royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding soldier spanish royal family events state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria visit from sweden wedding windsor castle working visit



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises