The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #461  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The press asked Freddiie Windsor if he was going to the wedding (he was in Hollywood waiting on his wife) and he said of course

When asked if they ever met before, he said on about 3 different occasions. which seems about right
This is normal for most weddings in a family and seems to apply with a big, ol' gathering of the tribe with a royal wedding. I remember being engaged and having two separate bridal showers. One for obligations (meaning relatives that needed to be included) and one for personal friends. Guess which one I enjoyed the most?

What is interesting is now Freddie Windsor's daughter Maud is in the same class at the the same school as William's George. Its even been suggested here (I can't remember where) that they'll be kindred souls because they *know* each other as family. Go figure.
__________________

__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Lost..who are you speaking about...Kate or Meghan?


LaRae
Kate. My grammar is atrocious
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Your guess is as good as mine on that question,Denville. Mine is that for several years Harry had his own relationship with Chelsy Davy going, sometimes the brothers (and girlfriends) were literally on different continents (for instance when Harry was in Canada learning to fly Apache helicopters, or in Africa with Chelsy,) for several years William was at Uni in Scotland, sometimes in Wales with Kate, usually the brothers were doing different military training apart. Perhaps, as the years went on Harry and Kate didn't get much quality one on one time to get to know each other, that it was sometimes literally a 'Hello how are you? Bye' situation.
I'm not saying that I'd expect Will and Harry to spend every weekend together having a saturday night fun night, but after all, the UK isn't a big place and they have enough money to travel easily.
If they did have regular meetings over the many years that Will and kate were living together, unless it was usually Harry saying "lets go for a boys night out" you'd think that he would have met Kate reasonably often as Will's partner. I was rather struck by it as the 2 brothers did seem close.
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:48 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Kate. My grammar is atrocious
S'ok. sometimes my grammar wears army boots.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:49 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Harry was interviewed before William and Kate's wedding when he was in the Walk with the Wounded expedition to the South Pole. He says on that doco that he is delighted that the two are engaged but doesn't know Kate very well.
I remember him saying it as if it was yesterday. He was in a beanie and orange snow suit.
Harry and Catherine go back to when William and she first started dating. He knew her very well.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I'm not saying that I'd expect Will and Harry to spend every weekend together having a saturday night fun night, but after all, the UK isn't a big place and they have enough money to travel easily.
If they did have regular meetings over the many years that Will and kate were living together, unless it was usually Harry saying "lets go for a boys night out" you'd think that he would have met Kate reasonably often as Will's partner. I was rather struck by it as the 2 brothers did seem close.
Its also very possible he knew it was the media he was talking to and wasn't giving anything away. It was easier to say he didn't know her well rather than to "spill the beans" on her.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:52 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,212
What's to give away? I've met Catherine many times and I like her?
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:57 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Kate. My grammar is atrocious
No worries on the grammar...just wasn't sure who!


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 10-14-2017, 12:01 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,562
It's pretty evident from the various functions over the past years that Kate and Harry know each other well and get along. Harry and William have always been close and while they don't live in each other pockets they obviously stay in touch. Why anyone wants to make it out that there is some problem and they aren't all close is beyond me. Be glad for them.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 10-14-2017, 12:58 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Harry was interviewed before William and Kate's wedding when he was in the Walking with the Wounded expedition to the North Pole. He says on that doco that he is delighted that the two are engaged but doesn't know Kate very well and is looking forward to getting to know her.
I remember him saying it as if it was yesterday. He was in a beanie and orange snow suit.
I do remember the clip, and I remember Harry saying he was looking forward to getting to know her better. He also said he was looking forward to getting a sister.

I remember interpreting this to mean that he is looking forward to getting to know hr better as a member of the close family, progressing on from a social relationship.
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old 10-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It's pretty evident from the various functions over the past years that Kate and Harry know each other well and get along. Harry and William have always been close and while they don't live in each other pockets they obviously stay in touch. Why anyone wants to make it out that there is some problem and they aren't all close is beyond me. Be glad for them.


LaRae
Thank you for saying this! There is no reason to think that the brothers are not close, and every reason to think they are.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old 10-14-2017, 02:51 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
they are big boys, I'd hardly say they "need" each other. But I'm surprised that apparently Harry intimated that he didn't know Kate well a few years ago.. when he was supposed to be so close ot William and WIll had been in a relationship with Kate for several years.
Well for a comparison, while at an engagement on Sept 4, Harry was asked how Kate was doing. Bear in mind, he'd had an engagement with Kate on Aug 30. His answer was 'I haven't seen her in a while, but I think she's okay.'

Read more: Prince Harry says Kate's third pregnancy is 'fantastic' | Daily Mail Online



Also Harry and Kate were together at William's investiture into the Order of the Garter in 2008 (before W&K were engaged)and looked to be getting on well.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1026847/Oh-knight-Harry-Kate-laugh-Wills-robes-joins-ancient-Order-Garter.html
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old 10-14-2017, 03:00 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,513
Being at an engagement together and private socialization are two completely different things. You aren't going to talk to your sister in law about her morning sickness at a public event, especially if pregnancy not public news. Perhaps he meant he hadn't spent any private time with her in some time.

Same goes for before they married. There is no evidence that they spent much time in private together. They met from time to time but how well did they get to know each other? It seems according to Harry before the wedding, not much.

Its not trying to create problems where there is none. Its not rumors, its from the horse's mouth. In this case Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old 10-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Being at an engagement together and private socialization are two completely different things. You aren't going to talk to your sister in law about her morning sickness at a public event, especially if pregnancy not public news. Perhaps he meant he hadn't spent any private time with her in some time.

Same goes for before they married. There is no evidence that they spent much time in private together. They met from time to time but how well did they get to know each other? It seems according to Harry before the wedding, not much.

Its not trying to create problems where there is none. Its not rumors, its from the horse's mouth. In this case Harry.
And I think video or photographs taken over many years time says more about a relationship than a polite answer to a reporter's question.
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old 10-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Peru
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Well for a comparison, while at an engagement on Sept 4, Harry was asked how Kate was doing. Bear in mind, he'd had an engagement with Kate on Aug 30. His answer was 'I haven't seen her in a while, but I think she's okay
Countessmout's explanation that he might have meant 'we haven't been socializing for some time' to me doesn't add up as either way the basic idea of how she is doing would be known. A more logical conclusion seems to be that Harry tries to deflect the question (as he obviously talked to her a few days prior and most likely knows more than he wants to let on) which he might have done previously as well. He probably feels that it is not his place to talk about his sister-in-law in public. So, he pretends not too know that much (in both cases; he also hardly talks about George and Charlotte, again most likely because he thinks -correctly- that that is not his place) which is a friendlier approach than blatantly stating that he doesn't want to talk about it.
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old 10-14-2017, 03:26 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Countessmout's explanation that he might have meant 'we haven't been socializing for some time' to me doesn't add up as either way the basic idea of how she is doing would be known. A more logical conclusion seems to be that Harry tries to deflect the question (as he obviously talked to her a few days prior and most likely knows more than he wants to let on) which he might have done previously as well. He probably feels that it is not his place to talk about his sister-in-law in public. So, he pretends not too know that much (in both cases; he also hardly talks about George and Charlotte, again most likely because he thinks -correctly- that that is not his place) which is a friendlier approach than blatantly stating that he doesn't want to talk about it.
I agree with you, which I guess is what I was getting at with my post above yours.
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:19 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,287
The relationship between Harry and Catherine have always been close since William and Catherine started dating. They have formed a good little brother and big sister type of a relationship. It’s all due to the many years they’ve known each other.

Harry was very excited to officially welcome Catherine into the family.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Well for a comparison, while at an engagement on Sept 4, Harry was asked how Kate was doing. Bear in mind, he'd had an engagement with Kate on Aug 30. His answer was 'I haven't seen her in a while, but I think she's okay.'

Read more: Prince Harry says Kate's third pregnancy is 'fantastic' | Daily Mail Online



[.[/COLOR]


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1026847/Oh-knight-Harry-Kate-laugh-Wills-robes-joins-ancient-Order-Garter.html
Ha, perhaps Harry is very forgetful.
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,853
People gave him heck for it on Twitter for it too.. You were just with her a few days before but don't know how she is
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 242
I may be in the minority, but I don't feel Kate and Harry are all that close.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relationships between Members of the Spanish Royal Family kil Royal Family of Spain 500 09-18-2017 03:48 PM
Relationships Between Members of the Swedish Royal Family Grandduchess24 Royal House of Sweden 56 11-02-2015 02:32 PM
Relationships between the Members of the Danish Royal Family jellybeans Royal House of Denmark 303 01-04-2014 07:11 AM
Relationships between members of the Norwegian royal family. Dennism Royal House of Norway 78 11-22-2012 08:04 AM
Relationships between members of the Princely Family michelle Princely Family of Monaco 315 01-19-2012 12:18 PM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events cymry denmark duchess of brabant earl of snowdon fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia italy iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein lord snowdon monarchy news picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen silvia soderberg spanish royal family state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises