The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-28-2016, 04:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
The article is such garbage. It's just pitting women against eachother for no reason at all and that is morally so wrong. Putting the York girls down is unnecessary but putting Kate on a pedestal is just as annoying.
The British press (with the exception of the Telegraph/Times) has no limits to what they write anymore, and most of it must be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
But that seems to be the way of the press. To have a heroine they have to have a villain. They did it in the 80s with Sarah and Diana. When Sarah first joined the family it was Diana's perceived faults that were highlighted while Sarah was portrayed as a breath of fresh air, after a while the press chose to pick on Sarah and elevate Diana to a pedestal.
Yes, but that was in the 1980s. Now we live in a completely different world where garbage such as this is being discussed over the internet. And the worst thing is that many people actually believe in it.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
Well said , VictoriaB. I remember the "fresh air " attitude that the press had over Sarah when she first joined the RF, although i don't think it was suggested that there was friction in the relationship between her and Diana. Sarah was mainly attacked over her dress sense, just as her daughters are.
But , as you say there always has to be the heroine and the villain. Do you remember some of the so called quotes from Diana about Sophie ?

I agree, other than at the end of Diana's life, there was not a suggestion of friction between them, just endless and unpleasant comparisons.

I do remember them suggesting friction between Sophie and Diana. And not just things Diana was alleged to have said about Sophie but vice versa.

Old 05-28-2016, 06:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

The media will always write about Catherine being at odds with her female in-laws. For some reason they like writing about jealousy feeling between them all. This same thing was done to Diana, Anne and Sarah.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-28-2016, 06:54 PM
Courtier

I haven't clicked on the article as I have long since banned the vile Daily Fail, but I very much doubt there is any antagonistic relationship between the three women.

For one thing, James Middleton and Eugenie are good pals. I doubt he would be friends with someone who wasn't nice to his sister.

That being said I doubt Catherine is all that close to them. There is an age difference and a lifestyle difference, with them all having different sets of friends. And most importantly, as William doesn't seem to be all that close to the Yorks, it not surprising that Catherine probably has spent little time with them. Whereas Harry is very close to the Yorks, so both Chelsy and Cressida were good friends with them. The latter's friendship with the Yorks predating her romance with Harry.

It all seems to be logical family dynamics to me.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family

William is 6 and 8 years older than his York cousins. Naturally, he is closer to Zara and Peter. Zara is only a year older than William. Ten year William isn't going to want to play with a 4 and 2 year Bea and Eugiene. Harry is in the middle. He could tag along with his older cousins and brother and then be the big cousin for Bea and Eugiene .

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-28-2016, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

That's right. The majority of these stories about Kate and the Yorks have been around for years. I don't think Kate or William are close to the Yorks. Unlike Harry, even in their single days they didn't go clubbing with them. Nowadays they all lead completely different lives and there is also an age gap.

But that's OK, nobody has to be best friends with each other within the Royal Family. Some members may not like each other very much and that's all right too. So long as each member is polite and cordial to everyone when they meet (especially in public) it doesn't matter.

By the way, IMO the term 'flawless Kate', was used in this article of the DM's as a form of sarcasm.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
William is 6 and 8 years older than his York cousins. Naturally, he is closer to Zara and Peter. Zara is only a year older than William. Ten year William isn't going to want to play with a 4 and 2 year Bea and Eugiene. Harry is in the middle. He could tag along with his older cousins and brother and then be the big cousin for Bea and Eugiene .

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Indeed, age gap appears to be a strong factor. Let's look at the three cousins the Cambridges chose for godparents of their children.
Zara Tindall- 1 year older.
Laura Pettman- 2 years older.
Adam Middleton- 1 year older.
These are the people they grew up with, and have the most in common with.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Another example of the down right frosty relationship between Catherine and the Yorks

https://twitter.com/Royal_beans/stat...35939003437056
Old 05-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

If that is frosty then Eugenie deserves a BAFTA, Oscar, etc..for best actress.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:03 PM
Courtier

They caught a pix of Eugenie with a certain look on her face and had to make up a story to go with it.
Probably Beatrice said something to Eugenie causing the reaction & most likely it had nothing to do w/ the garden party, Queen, Catherine or William.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton and Prince Harry's VERY special bond watching Game of Thrones | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-18-2016, 02:10 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I thought that this was a pretty nicely written article about the bond between Harry and Kate. It says a lot for the stability of relationships. Being an article from the Daily Mail, I almost didn't click on it as I was thinking it to be another ghastly, innuendo filled, bird cage liner type article inciting rumors that Harry and Kate are anything but what they really are.

What I do see between these three is stability and a closeness that comes with trusting, relying on and being there for family. William didn't only gain a wife but Harry also gained a sister in the best sense of the word. These three will remain the Three Musketeers throughout the rest of their lives and lean on and depend on and rely on each other as a team to see them forward.

How can they lose when they're so sincere?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-18-2016, 02:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I thought that this was a pretty nicely written article about the bond between Harry and Kate. It says a lot for the stability of relationships. Being an article from the Daily Mail, I almost didn't click on it as I was thinking it to be another ghastly, innuendo filled, bird cage liner type article inciting rumors that Harry and Kate are anything but what they really are.

What I do see between these three is stability and a closeness that comes with trusting, relying on and being there for family. William didn't only gain a wife but Harry also gained a sister in the best sense of the word. These three will remain the Three Musketeers throughout the rest of their lives and lean on and depend on and rely on each other as a team to see them forward.

How can they lose when they're so sincere?
Really? Maybe I should dare to read it.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:19 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Go for it.. take that chance. Hold your nose and jump in at the deep end.

I do have to say it did surprise me but then again I don't hold the Daily Mail in a very high regard as far as journalistic talent goes.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-21-2016, 02:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I'll take care of you, sis: Collection of photos show the closeness Charles and Anne shared as children during the early years of the Queen's reign | Daily Mail Online

Tags
british royal family, relationships