The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-02-2016, 03:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes I noticed that too, and the sisters aren't that much alike. Honestly, I don't believe the Daily Fail employs anyone who looks out for mistakes any more!

Old 02-02-2016, 07:09 PM
Courtier

The mere typos in every single article are enough to keep me from believing anything they say. Their website must be edited by a bunch of drunks.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually I have it from a "source close to the Mail" that their editors are children who have gotten in trouble at school for not paying attention in class. I guess the punishment doesn't work very well.

Sorry... hadda do it.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-16-2016, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen and her mother shared love of horses but were not alike* | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-16-2016, 04:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the image of the queen mum in her garter robes, perched watching horse racing on television. Makes me smile

I like the stories of how close Elizabeth was to her parents as a kid, going into their bedroom in the mornings, her mum teaching her to read. And how she stopped a butler and showed him how to clean a pea stain properly as her mother made sure she knew such things.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:56 AM
Royal Highness

It's Richard Kay and Geoffrey Levy for the Daily Fail so this must be taken with a pinch of salt.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

The DM is running a series of articles to honour the Queen as she approaches her 90th birthday. The people who are writing these articles are people who have been around the royals for many years so why assume that they are telling porkies because you don't like the message.

I have read NOTHING in any of these articles that I haven't heard before from multiple sources - not just the DM but personal contacts who have known some royals for decades.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

What lies behind Kate Middleton's relationship with Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-28-2016, 04:07 AM
Royal Highness

This is one of the worst, most idiotic, most laughable and most unreliable articles I ever read about the royal family in a British newspaper. If people believe in this (and some will), then they must have serious problems.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
This is one of the worst, most idiotic, most laughable and most unreliable articles I ever read about the royal family in a British newspaper. If people believe in this (and some will), then they must have serious problems.
Oh that's horrendous. Horribly nasty catty article with veiled jabs at the York princesses' weight and clothing, and horrible tropes about women all around.

And terrible journalism! From what I can tell, it looks like they were walking into the party in order of precedence? Since William was present, Kate would have walked in ahead of the Yorks and that's not something that any of them would think twice about.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd like to comment that we have often seen photos of the Duchess before she hits a public moment. They all look like this. She takes a moment to gather herself. The Duke oCa does this as well. In fact, most of the family walks out to these garden parties calmed and silent rather than smiley and waving at the crowds or chatting among themselves. We have even seen William and Catherine at joint appearances where they are standing next to one another, silent and looking in different directions. They are getting ready to go "on" as their public personas.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion of the York girls - but find it absolutely normal, given their different lives, that these cousins in law are not besties.
Sometimes, I just wish the DM would grow up!
Old 05-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Linking to stories in the DM doesn't help it 'grow up', it just adds fuel to the fire

Monarchy is a top down organisation and everyone in the family knows this. It's just more of the same tabloid gossip. Andrew and his daughters don't like to be sidelined by Charles and his family but that's just life.

If the Queen wanted Beatrice and Eugenie to have more prominent roles, they would have more prominent roles.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:35 AM
Aristocracy

Well, and the idea that it's significant somehow that the sisters were walking behind the duke and duchess, or that Catherine should have hung back to laugh and chat with them, just points out an ignorance of royal protocol that is inexcusable in a hack ostensibly assigned to the royal beat. It calls to mind that commercial: "That's now how this works. That's not how any of this works."

Of course, low information/high speculation and gossip is Catherine Ostler's specialty. I'm pretty sure she gets the stories that Rebecca English refuses to touch.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Oh that's horrendous. Horribly nasty catty article with veiled jabs at the York princesses' weight and clothing, and horrible tropes about women all around.

And terrible journalism! From what I can tell, it looks like they were walking into the party in order of precedence? Since William was present, Kate would have walked in ahead of the Yorks and that's not something that any of them would think twice about.
It is a terrible article and none of them deserve this type of treatment. The photos are just a moment in time and it is a shame that this form of click bait "journalism" exists. The York princesses have known for years that their role within the family was to be limited. Their uncle and his family would always take precedence over them. To insinuate that there is "bad blood" between any of them is wrong IMHO.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I'd like to comment that we have often seen photos of the Duchess before she hits a public moment. They all look like this. She takes a moment to gather herself. The Duke oCa does this as well. In fact, most of the family walks out to these garden parties calmed and silent rather than smiley and waving at the crowds or chatting among themselves. We have even seen William and Catherine at joint appearances where they are standing next to one another, silent and looking in different directions. They are getting ready to go "on" as their public personas.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion of the York girls - but find it absolutely normal, given their different lives, that these cousins in law are not besties.
Sometimes, I just wish the DM would grow up!
I agree with this. I just read the article and was quite shocked at it's content. It was rather nasty and uncalled for. I got the impression that the author is rather jealous, throughout. I think the point you made about the Cambridges and York princesses having different lifestyles is definitely something to consider, even if their rumoured rivalry turned out to be true. I've personally never gotten the impression that the Cambridges and the Yorks weren't on good terms. With the photo of Beatrice and Eugenie walking behind Catherine at the garden party, it could just be that they were naturally looking like that. Not many people look terribly happy when they're not smiling or laughing, it's natural.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-28-2016, 02:39 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its articles like this one that really make me wish I had a bird.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

The article is such garbage. It's just pitting women against eachother for no reason at all and that is morally so wrong. Putting the York girls down is unnecessary but putting Kate on a pedestal is just as annoying.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:56 PM
Nobility

I only read the first paragraph of this, is it a "slow news day" that the DM have to publish such spiteful nonsense !? Even if the relationship between the three women was frosty, I think they would be more careful than to show it when the press are around.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
The article is such garbage. It's just pitting women against eachother for no reason at all and that is morally so wrong. Putting the York girls down is unnecessary but putting Kate on a pedestal is just as annoying.

But that seems to be the way of the press. To have a heroine they have to have a villain. They did it in the 80s with Sarah and Diana. When Sarah first joined the family it was Diana's perceived faults that were highlighted while Sarah was portrayed as a breath of fresh air, after a while the press chose to pick on Sarah and elevate Diana to a pedestal.

With Camilla and Sophie out of Catherine's age bracket, the press have chosen to make it Catherine vs the York girls (although tried out a couple of Camilla v Catherine and Sophie v Catherine articles when Catherine first married). When Harry marries I'm sure we will see a plethora of Catherine vs Harry's wife articles.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:12 PM
Nobility

Well said , VictoriaB. I remember the "fresh air " attitude that the press had over Sarah when she first joined the RF, although i don't think it was suggested that there was friction in the relationship between her and Diana. Sarah was mainly attacked over her dress sense, just as her daughters are.
But , as you say there always has to be the heroine and the villain. Do you remember some of the so called quotes from Diana about Sophie ?

Tags
british royal family, relationships