The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-21-2018, 01:28 AM
Serene Highness

I am willing to bet a lot of money that there will be no LPs issued for the Sussex kid(s). Mostly because I do not think Harry and Meghan want that and also because, not to be morbid, but the Queen is not getting any younger. Charles' time to the throne is looming and the Sussex kids will automatically become HRHs then. They will likely continue to be styled as the children of a Duke (i.e. like the Wessexes are styled as children of an earl despite technically being HRHs), but will have the legal status of HRH Prince(ss).

The Cambridges have three kids. IMO it is also unlikely that Louis will be a working royal. I think Louis (possibly even Charlotte once George is married), any subsequent Cambridge kids and all Sussex babies will be expected to take on normal lives and careers---and I think that is wise. They should htus be prepared to take that part on from birth.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:36 AM
Heir Apparent

This is getting off topic, but Louis and his future wife would face the same job/career issues that Edward and Sophie faced. There are really very, very few careers the son of the monarch can have in Britain.
And George will need all his siblings working to take up the openings left by the deaths or retirement of everyone else currently working.

I do agree, it is quite likely they will just let things play out the way it is currently set up from the 1917 LP.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:40 AM
Majesty

A Royal Musings article on the subject discussed here, from Queen Victoria's day on.

https://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blog...l-that-is.html
Old 10-21-2018, 01:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
This is getting off topic, but Louis and his future wife would face the same job/career issues that Edward and Sophie faced. There are really very, very few careers the son of the monarch can have in Britain.
And George will need all his siblings working to take up the openings left by the deaths or retirement of everyone else currently working.

I do agree, it is quite likely they will just let things play out the way it is currently set up from the 1917 LP.
Different times, different expectations. It was unthinkable a generation ago that two blood princess wouldn't be working royals, but here we are with Bea and Eugenie. There are any number of things Louis can pursue. His own father worked for years before becoming full time in duties even though he is the heir to the heir.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The palace doesn't have to announce anything.

They will get an official title. That is already set down.

If they say nothing then the children will be Lord/Lady xxx Mountbatten-Windsor with the eldest son styled as Earl of Dumbarton until Charles becomes King when they become HRH Prince/Princess.

The palace would make one of two announcements - to create them HRH from birth or to say they won't be HRH ever. If neither of these announcements are made then they will follow the 1917 LPs and proceed as set down there.
That’s what I said, the Palace will let us know. Everything else is just speculation until then.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-21-2018, 02:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Different times, different expectations. It was unthinkable a generation ago that two blood princess wouldn't be working royals, but here we are with Bea and Eugenie. There are any number of things Louis can pursue. His own father worked for years before becoming full time in duties even though he is the heir to the heir.
William worked mainly in one of the few careers available to Royalty without much criticism-military service. If he had gone into a for profit business criticism would have been rampant.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:06 AM
Courtier

The extended BRF carry out many engagements.
The public still expects royal patrons and get excited and uplifted by someone like Prince Harry involving himself in causes for the good of people.

To enable the number of works to be upheld or even half the number of engagements carried out today by the Queen, her cousins, children, grandchildren and their spouses there will have to be more working royals than just Princes Charles, William and Harry, their spouses and Prince George.
I don't think the personal interaction of Royals will become less valued into the future.

So, I think baby Sussex will accept an HRH and will be brought up to carry out some work on behalf of the BRF.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

You said that
Quote:
we have to wait for the couple, The Queen and Palace officials to announce if the baby will get an official title
The problem with that statement is that there is no 'IF' about whether the baby will get an official title.

We already know the baby will have an official title - either Earl of Dumbarton or Lady ... Mountbatten-Windsor OR, the decide to overrulle the 1917 LPs then HRH.

Your statement is flawed.

No announcement = Earl of Dumbarton or Lady, both of which are official titles as the children of a Duke.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
You said that

The problem with that statement is that there is no 'IF' about whether the baby will get an official title.

We already know the baby will have an official title - either Earl of Dumbarton or Lady ... Mountbatten-Windsor OR, the decide to overrulle the 1917 LPs then HRH.

Your statement is flawed.

No announcement = Earl of Dumbarton or Lady, both of which are official titles as the children of a Duke.
Just saying that we’ll have to wait to see whether it will be Earl, Lady or HRH. It’s okay, calm down.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-21-2018, 03:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
No he won't.

He will always be 'The Prince Edward' as he will always be the child of a monarch.

Princess Margaret was HRH The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon to the day she died.
I thought she was HRH The Princess Margaret because she divorced the Earl of Snowdon?
Old 10-21-2018, 03:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Its been explained in full in post #3677. One of our members wrote to Buckingham Palace about this matter and the explanation is given in full in the post I've mentioned.

They are not legally HRH and will never be.
I don't see that they never will be. I think it is unlikey but it is up to a monarch.. its possible that they could be given HRH at a later date..
Old 10-21-2018, 04:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Its just my gut feelings but I think if there's an announcement that is going to be made, it will happen before the birth of the child. Everything all set, confirmed and ready to go before the kid arrives.
Agreed. I don't think it's debatable, frankly. Given the massive interest in Harry and Meghan and this pregnancy, the palace won't be able to sit by and just let things play out. If the Queen does nothing and the child is styled as Lord/Lady, there will be a lot of wondering why he or she isn't a prince/princess. We, nor the palace, should assume that the general public knows how this all works or that nothing needs to be explained. As much as some would like to believe otherwise, PR and optics do matter. If the royals didn't think so, they wouldn't have multiple social media accounts. And in this case, I think they know they have to make clear if/when the Sussex children will be upgraded to HRH. If they will never be styled as such, then the palace absolutely has to make it clear that this was Harry and Meghan's decision, though I doubt that would stop some from insisting it was a slight to the Sussexes, Meghan specifically.

I am of the belief that they should be styled as HRH, be it at birth or once Charles becomes king. I also suspect that this is what Charles wants and Harry and Meghan will ultimately defer to him.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
William worked mainly in one of the few careers available to Royalty without much criticism-military service. If he had gone into a for profit business criticism would have been rampant.
There are other jobs.....
Old 10-21-2018, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just remember how much of a media storm occurred when the formal consent came out for Harry and Meghan and it didn't include "Well Beloved." It was a thing. A major thing and the palace officials had to explain due to the chaos it caused.

So when some say that no explanation could cause a ruckus they are not wrong. History has proven that. I am on the agreement that nothing will be said unless they are getting HRH from birth or not at all. Those are the two announcements but that doesn't mean the press won't force an explanation out of them.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I just remember how much of a media storm occurred when the formal consent came out for Harry and Meghan and it didn't include "Well Beloved." It was a thing. A major thing and the palace officials had to explain due to the chaos it caused.

So when some say that no explanation could cause a ruckus they are not wrong. History has proven that. I am on the agreement that nothing will be said unless they are getting HRH from birth or not at all. Those are the two announcements but that doesn't mean the press won't force an explanation out of them.
I agree and I agree with the poster that stated the Queen may make an exception for Harry because his father only has the two boys and I still believe she'll do it for Harry because his child will be the first biracial royal and that is important. And she did it for William so she'll do it for Harry unless he and Meghan ask her not to.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I agree and I agree with the poster that stated the Queen may make an exception for Harry because his father only has the two boys and I still believe she'll do it for Harry because his child will be the first biracial royal and that is important. And she did it for William so she'll do it for Harry unless he and Meghan ask her not to.
his child is NOT the first biracial royal child.... and that has nothing to do with the HRH....
Old 10-21-2018, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
That I do not agree with. My point was about it being discussed because of the media's aggression. The decision will be the decision that is of the best to the monarchy. The end. I think some are bleeding their own hopes into something that really isn't about that. William and Harry's situations are NOT the same whatsoever.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It has been explained over and over why the Queen did what she did for William’s children-Harry’s children do not have the same situation at all. It is not a slight to Meghan or to the child(ren) if they wait until Charles is King to become HRH.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Questions about British Styles and Titles

Quote:
It has been explained over and over why the Queen did what she did for William’s children-Harry’s children do not have the same situation at all. It is not a slight to Meghan or to the child(ren) if they wait until Charles is King to become HRH.

I agree, but the tabloids will have a field day about it if the baby isn’t a HRH from the start. Especially the US tabloids. Wendy Williams has already said that the reason the baby won’t get a royal title is because of the skin colour of the mother. You can say a lot of things about Wendy, but if there’s one thing she knows it’s how to cook up a storm and she has her finger on the pulse of what stories will break big in the tabloids.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
his child is NOT the first biracial royal child.... and that has nothing to do with the HRH....
That is your opinion and I don't happen to share it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I agree, but the tabloids will have a field day about it if the baby isn’t a HRH from the start. Especially the US tabloids. Wendy Williams has already said that the reason the baby won’t get a royal title is because of the skin colour of the mother. You can say a lot of things about Wendy, but if there’s one thing she knows it’s how to cook up a storm and she has her finger on the pulse of what stories will break big in the tabloids.

My point exactly! Thank you.

Tags
british royal family, consort, duke of york, kate, princess beatrice, queenmother, spouse, styles and titles, titles uk styles