The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2009, 06:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The gang's all here, including Andrew Parker Bowles.
Check out Beatrice's killer heels.
I noticed Andrew PB on the news last night as well!

Old 02-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery Zimbio 2
Royal Family At Unveiling Of Queen Elizabeth Statue - Pictures - Zimbio

Gallery Mediumphoto

Gallery Prisma

IBL
IBL
IBL

Old 02-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The gang's all here, including Andrew Parker Bowles.
Check out Beatrice's killer heels.
I dunno . . . maybe it's just my prudish personal taste but I think those heels are way too high and inappropriate for this occasion. Sometimes it seems Pss B really does try too hard to be fashionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Gallery Zimbio 2
Yea! Thanks, giov!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

I choose to see Princess Beatrice & Eugenie's fashion style(s) as " a work in progress " ... they're both still very young

Let's just hope that their fashion sense as well as taste will become more refined & sophisticated as they mature

* What on earth were Camilla & Princess Sophie wearing?!! the Fashion Police should have them arrested * :P
Old 02-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Sorry. The thing that slightly irks me, is magnificent as it is, why was it deemed necessary to make it so much lower than her husband, a couple of feet would have been enough! (Women's rights, equality and all that)!
I was wondering the same thing! , her statue should be directly beside King George VI's one
Old 02-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Nobility

My favorite outfits: Sophie (very chic and flattering IMO; even the hat which I think goes well with the retro feel of the outfit), Queen, Paola and Helen

Worst: Bea and Eugenie! they throw on all the latest fads regardless of whether it suits them, the rest of the outfit or the occassion. Those heels with a short skirt for a memorial unveiling?!

Camilla: she should have just worn a coat rather than that droopy shawl.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Could it have been that there were displays around George VI's statue that shouldn't be moved or destroyed? If she had been put at the same height in front of him, he would have disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PssMarie-Elisabeth View Post
I was wondering the same thing! , her statue should be directly beside King George VI's one
Old 02-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I don't think the statue looked like the Queen Mum at all. And what was the deal with the feathers being so perky?

Hated Sophie's hat again, wish she'd buy a new one. And Beatrice looked mismatched. Her jacket was very odd with ruffles around the top of the arms and then some odd patchwork on the sides and pockets on her breasts. All that amplification isn't good for a woman who isn't small (I know I can't get away with pockets on my chest!).

And where was Zara? I can understand Peter being gone since he's living on the other side of the world, but where's the other one?
Old 02-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Courtier

Doesn't the Queen look fabulous? And at 82 - I love the brooch.

Camilla - looks like she added the black shawl at the last minute as it seemed chilly.
The Queen puts her to shame.

Princess Anne - looked very good - new hat?

Sophie - trying too hard. The capelet (jacket?), please save that for Ascot. How does she move her arms? And the flying saucer hats are getting really old - time for a new hat style.

Eugenie looks so much better than her sister. Beatrice looks awful - another juvenile dress with a mismatched jacket combo with a hat slapped onto her ungroomed hair-do.
Sisters: Killer stilettos do not atone for bad outfits.

The Duchess of Gloucester - Perfection. I don't care if I have seen her outfit a million times, she always looks good.

Sarah Chatto - I love her style and her choice of outfit - she's got real style.

Helen Taylor - looks very appropriate.

Wife of the Conservative politician - You are not Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm and you are going to meet the Queen. You are going to an official event and not a garden party at the Palace. Grow up, dress correctly and don't embarass your husband again.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Aristocracy

I think the memorial is quite suitable!
Thanks for all of the pictures!
Old 02-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I like it as well. I honestly can't find anything wrong with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misselle View Post
Old 02-26-2009, 02:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by misselle View Post
I too love the memorial and think it is very lifelike.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Wife of the Conservative politician - You are not Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm and you are going to meet the Queen. You are going to an official event and not a garden party at the Palace. Grow up, dress correctly and don't embarass your husband again.
It was the wife of the Labour culture secretary, which just goes to show the standard of culture in the UK.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Aristocracy

Hi,

Did The Queen actually have to go over and greet this poor distastefully dressed horror?
Can you imagine what she would be thinking, although she, of course, could never and would never remark on that outfit.

Bet her and Philip had a good laugh back at the Palace over lunch...

Larry
Old 02-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

An interesting read

Will the real Queen Mum please stand up

We want the familiar little old lady with a hat and handbag, not a formal young royal in robes

Will the real Queen Mum please stand up | Frank Skinner - Times Online
Old 02-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Royal Highness

I have the feeling that Queen Elisabeth II was very satisfied by the result.The statue is really impressive,in my opinion.And yes,many ladies were not dressed appropriately for the occasion.But let's discuss these things at the fashion threads.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

These are the two bronze reliefs that flank the new memorial statue of the Queen Mother unveiled in The Mall, Central London, last month - and the real-life episodes in her long life on which they were based.

The Wider View: The everyday episodes in the Queen Mother's long life behind her new memorial statue | Mail Online
Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Royal Highness

HM, the Duchess of Cornwall and Eugenie looked fabulous. the statue....a big disappointment. i agree...something resembling what she looked liked towards the end of her life would have been better.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the idea somehow of showing her as Queen Elizabeth before she became Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. She was in her prime then as the King's consort.

For those of us who are too young to remember the Blitz and the early 50s, it's good to have a statue of her as Queen Elizabeth; it's a reminder of who she was before her husband died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
HM, the Duchess of Cornwall and Eugenie looked fabulous. the statue....a big disappointment. i agree...something resembling what she looked liked towards the end of her life would have been better.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Courtier

The Queen - even at her advanced age - always puts the young ones to shame fashion-wise. She never disappoints - and in the last few years has shown even better choices of fashion. Her fashion advisor and dresser - I believe her name is Angela Kelley - has really helped the Queen. Their joint collaboration has given the Queen's wardrobe a breath of fresh air and I eagerly anticipate each new outfit.