Proposal for Equal Primogeniture Succession

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. No. Maybe. It doesn't have anything to do with equal primogeniture succession, except that equal primogeniture succession means that the issue will have to be confronted slightly more often. There wasn't equal primogeniture succession in 1952, yet there's still the House of Windsor instead of the House of Mountbatten, Edinburgh, or Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.

Elizabeth though was born as a member of the House of Windsor and so there would have been no change in 1952. Any change would take place with the accession of Charles - just as in 1901 Victoria was the last monarch of the House of Hannover and Edward VII became the first King of the House of Saxe-Coburgh Gotha. Same with Mary II who reigned as a member of the House of Stuart and not the House of Orange - although if they had had a child then the royal house would presumably have changed to Orange. Mary I reigned as a Tudor not a Hapsburg despite being married to one - but again if they had had a child then the royal house would have changed to Hapsburg.

Last edited:
Naturally I support the change, but I pity those poor zeebs who painstakingly go through and compile the order of succession through thousands of individuals, right down to Karen Vogel.

Once this comes in, a lot of that will have to be revised. :lol:

I suppose the other remaining piece of sexism is that the husband of a reigning Queen is not called the King consort...

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose the other remaining piece of sexism is that the husband of a reigning Queen is not called the King consort...

Very true. I've thought that if they really wanted to be "fair", that the wife of the reigning King should be titled "Princess Consort", or even use the "Princess Royal" style (I think it's only a style and not a title constrained by LPs?) since it sound better than "Princess Consort". Naturally "Princess Royal" would not be used until the existing holder (Princess Anne) has passed away

Or we can just go with "King Consort", but people will just be a bit confused over who is the real monarch though, as up to now most of the monarches has been a King with the occasional Queen Regina.

:previous: Thanks for that tidbit! So we might have something more to look forward to at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee if speculation is true that Parliament will pass this legislature through by then. And it's pretty neat that the reporter said the same thing as I did to a friend of mine the other day: that the three most successful monarchs in British history were females - Elizabeth I, Queen Victoria and Elizabeth II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom