The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Aristocracy

Can I just ask, where was the Princess when she was supposedly pregnant with this guy? Did she disappear from the public eye for a few months? Does this story have a remote chance of being accurate?

Old 02-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Far as I know, she didn't. One of the papers was making a big deal about a photo of her at an engagement where she was holding a bunch of flowers, and the implication was that she was hiding a bump. But she was surrounded by people, and even if the photographer only got a photo of her with the flowers hiding her waistline, the people near her would have seen her from the side.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:35 AM
Heir Apparent

What a media circus this would all become if by some insane chance he was the illegitimate child of the late Peter Townsend and Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon.

And, for humour sake, what do you think would happen afterwards? Publically acknowledged? An audience with the Queen? A visit to Balmoral?

Personally, he reminds me of a used car salesman. Just missing the neckbrace and coffee stained tie.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 02-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

is their a picture of the guy?

Old 02-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Highly doubt it's even remotely true. Harry's Polo, you probably could Google the guy and hit the "Images" bar to find a pic.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The queen despite being four years older than Margaret, looked several years YOUNGER than Margaret with these pics.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

I just read about that character (who is claiming to be their son) in the biography of Princess Margaret by Tim Heald . He debunked it pretty well using information from Townsend. It's astonishing to me that Lord Snowden (who in the book seems quite intent on ruining any reputation she had left) is planning to write his own tale. He was also quoted extensively in the book by Heald. Although it hasn't been published in the U.S. it is available for purchase on Amazon....

I'm wondering how this bloke won the court over considering that Townsend denied it -- with proof! I'm ignorant of British law and wonder if anyone can explain what he's gained?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naut2bGrimaldi View Post

I'm wondering how this bloke won the court over considering that Townsend denied it -- with proof! I'm ignorant of British law and wonder if anyone can explain what he's gained?
The court case that he has been given the right to appeal isn't about his parentage. It's stictly about the unsealing of royal wills.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

so... they are unsealing the will? What would he gain from that?

Old 02-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt View Post
Satisfaction of curiosity?
Old 02-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

It seems to me that if she never publicly acknowledged her "son" in life, she's unlikely to do it in her will. I wonder if he's ever harrassed Sarah Chatto or David Linley?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Nobility

Ok, this seems like a pretty humiliating movie about the princess, don't know much about what it's about, but maybe Google it and find more.
FOUND: Radio Ham's sensational tape of the bank heist 'that rescued compromising pictures of Princess Margaret' | the Daily Mail
Old 02-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt View Post
Not so far they're not. He has only won the right to go to court to try to get the will's unsealed. He seems to be under the impression that Princess Margaret left a fund and wish for him to know the truth, written in her will.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Has somebody told him to take his meds? That is sheer lunacy!!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Aristocracy

Can't Princess Margaret just rest in peace... I don't know this for a fact, but it seems the princess felt slighted in life, second best to her sister, couldn't marry her "true love" (although I do believe she and Lord Snowdon were in love with each other), is recognized as being an extraordinary talent, but tales of snooty behaviour, some may say she was downright rude, seem to get top billing over the good she did whilst she was alive.....However, in the most important job in the world, she was perhaps far superior than anyone thought--her children are intelligent, have really stayed out of the public eye when they have wanted too (I truly think Sarah Chatto could be sitting next to me on the tube and I probably wouldn't know--I think David Linley likes the spotlight more than his sister) and deeply loved their mother-footage from her funeral makes that abundantly clear. I can't look at photos from Lady Sarah at her mother's funeral to this day--she breaks my heart. For all of the drama during the Snowdons marriage, their children seemed to have maintained strong relations with their parents. You've never heard them speak ill of their parents. In fact, in interviews I've read with Lord LInley, he speaks almost reverently about both of them. Lady Sarah and Lord Linley seem loyal to the Queen and get along well with their cousins (Lady Sarah is godmother to Lady Louise and Prince Harry) and I believe David and Serena Linley named their son after Prince Charles. They respect where they came from but live their own lives. In all of the books I've read on Princess Margaret--that was her goal. Wasn't her quote "my children aren't royal, they just happen to have the Queen for an aunt"

I have a hard time believing this man could possibly be her son.
Can't she finally rest in peace?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Aristocracy

I have just seen a movie about the life of Princess Margaret. I think this was that very controversial movie(dont know who directed it, I've missed the beginning); it certainly had a lot of controversial scenes....
My personal opinion is that Princess Margaret could have led a different(less controversial life) but it just didnt work out for her. It was a difficult era, many changes in social, economical life and she was swept away by the swirl. I agree that her children are very succesful in their lives. At least I guess so.
And here they are:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...hunknown1a.jpg
Old 02-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she did try to live a different life, but realized that the media glare and attention prevented her from doing that. So she accepted her place in the family later in her life.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:00 PM

*Friday, 8 February 2002: In the afternoon, Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon suffered a stroke and was taken to King Edward VII Hospital ("Sister Agnes" hospital to the royal family).
*Saturday, 9 February 2002: @ 6:30 am, Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon dies in her sleep @ the hospital.

Gallery
*Friday, 15 February 2002: The family paying respects to Princess Margaret in Windsor
*Wednesday, 19 February 2002: Service at Westminster Abbey to give thanks for the life of Princess Margaret
(Picture sources: Corbis & Rex)

Queen Mother determined to be at funeral - Telegraph

Buckingham Palace press releases > Funeral arrangements for HRH The Princess Margaret

BBC NEWS | UK | Princess Margaret dies
Old 02-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Gentry

Does anyone know about the lady standing beside Princess Margaret? Is she 10th Duchess of Marlborough, Lady Alexandra Mary Cadogan?

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/3488/0861111sq6.jpg

thanks. :)
Old 04-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Maybe it's already been mentioned, but is there any truth to the story behind the movie "The Bank Job" ? Very entertaining movie by the way !

Tags
countess of snowdon, princess margaret, wedding