The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Aristocracy

Oh, what a nice picture of Princess Margaret, thank you, Iceflower!

I generally prefer real pictures and not painted portraits, but the one of Sarah and Andrew is really nice. It shows them as very private people, just like you and me.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:53 AM

MAN CLAIMS ROYAL PARENTAGE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/eur...ey/5280732.stm

This chap has been on TV a few times but he doesn't interview well. His story is shaky and basically it's a total work of fiction. He claims he's an illegitimate son of Princess Margaret but when he was on "This Morning", he said that he was the son of Princess Marina, then corrected himself.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Courtier

*sigh BBC, no he won't be 12th in line he is illegitimate even if he turns out to be Princess Margaret son he still isn't in line. Hire a fact checker.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
MAN CLAIMS ROYAL PARENTAGE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/eur...ey/5280732.stm

This chap has been on TV a few times but he doesn't interview well. His story is shaky and basically it's a total work of fiction. He claims he's an illegitimate son of Princess Margaret but when he was on "This Morning", he said that he was the son of Princess Marina, then corrected himself.
Run for office and then don't get elected? No worries, just claim to be the illegitimate son of a royal... *snorts*

I'd maybe give him the benefit of the doubt if it had turned out to be a male royal who didn't have to walk around pregnant for nine months... in the public eye, but this is just stupid.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Oh please ..... I am quite certain someone would have noticed if the Princess had been getting fatter. I know we have regular tales of women who didn't know they were pregnant but, I don't think Princess M would have been one of them!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Oh please ..... I am quite certain someone would have noticed if the Princess had been getting fatter. I know we have regular tales of women who didn't know they were pregnant but, I don't think Princess M would have been one of them!
Especially as the man was born in 1955, when Princess Margaret was thinking about marrying Peter Townsend. The whole world was watching her and just waiting for such an event to happen to her!

Okay, it is a strange coincidence that the princess was not able to marry Townsend without her sister's consent till she turned 25 and that was on 21.8.1955. So before the birth of this guy in January 1955 she couldn't have gotten married on her own. But while it was understandible that the princess decided to give Townsend up when she was mislead about the results of her marriage (lost title, lost income etc.) I don't think for a moment she would have refrained from marrying Townsend if she was already carrying his child. In such a situation I'm convinced, the queen would have seen to it that she married ASAP in private and then went to live for some time in quiet surroundings, while at the appropriate time the public would have been informed that the princess had a child. A bit tempering with birthdates is one thing, but getting rid of the child? I don't think so.

In addition I don't think the queen is the person to act against a last will - so if the princess or QM had acknowledged the child and left something for him, the queen would have seen to it that the child got the legacy.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Margaret was perhaps the most photographed, glamourized, sought-out royal on the planet at this time. Every move she made was noted by the media. And as Jo of Palatine stated, this was at the time of the Pete Townsend "scandal" so even more scrutiny was placed on her. Someone somewhere (even a member of the court) would have known if Pss. Margaret was pregnant and something like this would never have been played down. This guy is a fraud and probably slightly mentally challenged.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:27 PM

A rather austere portrait of Princess Margaret from FlickNR.

Looking at her just makes me realise what an era ended in 2002. The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret - how I miss them.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Princess Margaret was a beautiful woman. Not to be corny or anything...but I hope she is finally at peace.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:53 PM

She was just so enigmatic. I love the stories about her. Just so glamorous. And then her moods - there's a tale that she went to see "Carry On Up the Khyber" being filmed at Pinewood and Sid James was playing Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond, the Viceroy of India. In one scene, he had to dictate a letter to Queen Victoria and started it, "Dear Vicky". Princess Margaret went into a huge rage, stormed off of the set and left the studios. She wrote to the Carry On team and said that she was sorry but she found such blatant disrespect totally unacceptable. When the film went out, Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond started his letter, "Your Majesty". There was a time when you could stand at a certain spot behind Buckingham Palace and you'd see Princess M taking tea in the gardens. It just seems that life isn't the same without her. It doesn't sound corny Zonk - I hope she's at peace too.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCESS MARGARET HAD 'AFFAIRS IN LONDON HOTELS'

Late British royal PRINCESS MARGARET conducted a series of one-night stands in London hotels, according to a new book.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...hotels_1008525

I wonder if this chap is related to Burrell or whether there is something in the water.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

In "Up the Khyber" Sid James DOES start the letter with "Dear Vicky". I am a great fan of all the Carry On films and have them all on DVD.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

I see Lord Snowden is selling 50 prints of a picture he took of the Princess in the bath in 1962 for £2,000 each. It was in the Daily Mail yesterday and she's got the poltimore tiara on. It's tongue in cheek and she looks nice in it but he's getting as bad as his son. It was a private picture and when asked where the money was going he said, "In my pocket".
Old 09-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela
I see Lord Snowden is selling 50 prints of a picture he took of the Princess in the bath in 1962 for £2,000 each. It was in the Daily Mail yesterday and she's got the poltimore tiara on. It's tongue in cheek and she looks nice in it but he's getting as bad as his son. It was a private picture and when asked where the money was going he said, "In my pocket".
Did he really say that? Yikes! Even if it is the case, you'd think he'd have come up with a big more dignified of a reply. Is he under hard times or something? The selling of these pictures seems like a desperate act.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Royal Highness

At least the man was being honest. Since he took the photo, I believe he has a legal right to sell its prints if he wishes. The photo seems lighthearted and with a touch of playfulness on Princes Margarate's part. I think she would have had a good laugh at its being published.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Looking at her just makes me realise what an era ended in 2002. The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret - how I miss them.
Both of the Princess and the Queen Mother were too frail at the time....With many strokes have happened to Princess Margaret, it must be difficult for Princess Margaret to live in the pain in her last years...i was really moved seeing the pics of Princess Margaret at the Queen Mother's 101st birthday....But of course, i'm sure both the Princess and her mother would love to live as longer to join in the happiness with the Queen such as her Jubilee year 2002.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 09-20-2006, 10:11 AM

Quote:
In "Up the Khyber" Sid James DOES start the letter with "Dear Vicky". I am a great fan of all the Carry On films and have them all on DVD.
Really? That is interesting. At the premier for the film it definately didn't so they may have used a different cut from thereafter.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Elizaveta
Jet-set friends got Princess Margaret 'barred' from US
By Andrew Alderson and Peter Day
(Filed: 14/09/2003)

Princess Margaret was barred by British diplomats from making an official visit to America in the early 1970s because of the wild behaviour of her entourage during an earlier visit, according to newly-released documents.....
....He made clear that he did not want a repeat of the raucous scenes of 1965 when the couple mixed with the Hollywood set.

...Lord Cromer had based his concerns on reports of the 1965 tour that were given to him by Sir Patrick Dean, the British ambassador to America at the time.

That visit attracted mixed publicity as Princess Margaret and Lord Snowdon toured the west and east coasts of America. During a visit to Los Angeles, the couple met several film stars, including Paul Newman, Judy Garland, Grace Kelly and Elizabeth Taylor.....

...Judy Garland took exception to a message given to her at a party in Beverly Hills. An aide told Ms Garland that the Princess would like to hear her sing and the actress reportedly called her a "nasty, rude little princess", and said: "Tell her I'll sing if she christens a ship first."

Grace Kelly objected to the Princess's comment: "You don't look like a movie star." The actress is said to have replied: "Well, I wasn't born a movie star."..
I am curious at this report. Wasn't Grace Kelly already the Princess of Monaco by this time? She had married in 1956 and Caroline was born in 1957. Princess Margaret and Lord Snowdon were married in 1960. By referring to her as Grace Kelly, this report is implying that this was b4 she got married but it clearly timed this event at 1965.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Margaret's royal library

Princess Margaret's books are being sold at auction including a lover's guide for the deeply religious given to her on the day she called off plans to marry Group Captain Peter Townsend.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/23092006/34...l-library.html
Old 09-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Margaret's royal library

Princess Margaret's books are being sold at auction including a lover's guide for the deeply religious given to her on the day she called off plans to marry Group Captain Peter Townsend.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/23092006/34...l-library.html
Goodness! Isn't anything sacred? Who is selling it...I don't believe that was stated in the article.

You know....you can go back and forth talking about how great its is to be royal (fabulous clothes, jewels, vacations, etc.) but I wouldn't do it for the world. People are constantly trying to make money off them! It must be very hard to trust people.

Tags
countess of snowdon, princess margaret