Princess Alexandra of Kent and the late Sir Angus Ogilvy Part 1: July 2003-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the nice pics Romy and Madjenn :) and indeed that's a rare finding, Madjenn!
I found a pic of Princess Alexandra in 1984 and two covers from 1952 and 1963:

(Majesty, Picture Post 1952, Paris Match 1963)

Pictures from 1999 and 2000 - your Post cover was very interesting, Iceflower, Ps Alexandra has been such a nice young lady...

(from polfoto and seeger press)

Princess Alexandra 2001 in blue - a colour that always looks good on her:

(abaca)

Oh, I love to see Ps Alexandra together with Queen Rania! Thank you for the pic! Here I found some more sweet ones from 2000-2001

(from profimedia)

Thanks Iceflower and Romy,
I'm with you, blue color brilliant on her and if besides she puts on that one wonderful filtering of gems, but majestic.​

Here some of my favorite photos:
1- Princess Alexandra, in ball of golden wedding of Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, so elegant ;) (1997).
2- Princess Alexandra and Prince Charlie on theatre (1999).
3- Princess Alexandra and Angus Ogilvy, Ascot (1995).
4- Princess Alexandra and Angus Ogilvy (1995).
5- Princess's son wedding, James Ogilvy, with Queen (1989).​

2q1rqrb.jpg
2ilzs0o.jpg
2ah6r1w.jpg
350uvpd.jpg
2ur1844.jpg

(image from Tim Graham-G.Images/ Kipa/ G.Images/ Van Parys Media/ G.Images)​

I love that Van Parys one of Alexandra and Angus posed and looking into the camera. Just beautiful.

Thanks a lot for your great pics, Romy and Madjenn!
Here is a nice portrait of Alexandra:

(Majesty)

Hello Iceflower!! I am sorry not to have given you thank you for that spectacular image, today I have given a link to her niece Gabriella with a red dress wear in this photo similar and I'm surprising similar to that they get to look alike.​
Again, thank you for your images.:wub:

News pics of Pss Alexandra in: http://new2.isifa.com/result_ed.php?pagenum=4&search_id=378064

First with HRH Duke of Gloucester, HRH Duchess of Gloucester and Commodore Tim Laurence pictured attending the annual Remembrance Sunday service and parade at the Cenotaph, Whitehall, London.

Second at the Macmillan Christmas Market in Greycoat Street, London, UK, which she officially opened 06/11/2006.

Madjenn said:
Hello Iceflower!! I am sorry not to have given you thank you for that spectacular image, today I have given a link to her niece Gabriella with a red dress wear in this photo similar and I'm surprising similar to that they get to look alike.​
Again, thank you for your images.:wub:
As always you are most welcome, Madjenn, and thank you as well for the latest link you've posted, I liked the pics of her at the christmas market! :)

Here is an old pic again: Alexandra with Cary Grant at the Variety Clubs dinner reception in 1972 - isopix:

Alexandra 1972

Good news!!
Although I would have preferred that I would have it celebrated in a big party like the Queen but Princess always has been discreet in her life as soon as more were not expected.​
I put the only photo of the Princess in the dinner of the anniversary of the Queen, to her Hotel Ritz's exit. (rex features)
http://i14.tinypic.com/2vwwv15.jpg

Last edited:
Orincess Alexandra's engagement ring....

On post #131 it shows a good picture of her beautiful blue engagement ring and gold band. Since I like all things that are blue it caught my eye. Does anyone know what kind of stone it is? Thanxxx.

Her engagement ring is big sapphire with a large diamond on each side but she normally wears her wedding and engagement rings on her right hand (in the Greek tradition like her mother) and wears a large blue moonstone on her wedding finger.

Princess Marina

Iam reading a book called DIANA SECRETS AND LIES by NICHOLAS DAVIES. In it there are a couple of paragraphs about Marina and the child she had. It says that neither of her parents went to the reception after her marriage. Does anyone know anymore about this and also do you have pictures of Marina and Zenouska?

I can't believe Princess Alexandra is 70. I did expect some kind of Dukedom for her if I'm honest but I think she knows how much she means to the British people.

Just a general question, is Pss Alexandra, the York girls and Prss Michael also Princesses of the UK or just Pss of York, Kent etc?

auntie said:
Just a general question, is Pss Alexandra, the York girls and Prss Michael also Princesses of the UK or just Pss of York, Kent etc?
They are Princesses of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and styled as "of York" or "of Kent". Princess Michael took her husband's style and title on marriage.

Princess Alexandra dinnes out in aid of a good cause
The Queen cousin, Princess Alexandra, attends a dinner in aid of International Child Protection held at the Guildhall, in London (Hello Web).
http://i9.tinypic.com/2l9mbtw.jpg

Thanks for the pic, Madjenn, she looks great, it's so hard to believe that she already celebrated her 70th birthday..:)

Here is an older pic, taken around 1989/1990:

Princess Alexandra

YouTube - Freedom For Ghana

A very brief clip of Princess Marina speaking at the Ghana Independance celebrations in 1957. There's a Greek accent there but it's faint and she has quite a deep voice. Not stunning in quality but well worth a watch.

Great findings, Madjenn, thanks for sharing :) I'm also glad that you liked the last pic I've posted and that you made an avatar out of it. Very nice :)
Here is a pic of Princess Alexandra in 2003, I like the way she looks on that pic very much:

Alexandra 2003

Princess opens new hospital building
Princess Alexandra opens £5.4m hospital building

Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra was in Harlow this week to open a new building at the town's hospital.
She opened the department of cellular pathology in a new £5.4 million building named after Dr Mike Letcher, who was killed in a road accident two years ago.
The new building replaces the ageing buildings where the department used to be based at St Margaret's Hospital in Epping.
Her Royal Highness was shown round units and laboratories housed in the new building, including one of only two Cytology departments in Essex and a training room where students and consultants use a seven way microscope.

Pictures:
Princess Alexandra 1
Princess Alexandra 2

I wonder if Princess Alexandra ever visits her cousin, QE. I know that with families, such as mine, whenever we live in the same city and grew up together, we visit one another and talk about family stuff. Such as does Princess Alexandra ever mention QE grandchildren when they appear in the paper drunk or such. Or, is there any regular phone conversation between the two? With Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother gone, QE would need to have another lady her age to talk to or to visit with.

Back
Top Bottom