Princess Alexandra of Kent and the late Sir Angus Ogilvy Part 1: July 2003-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She has always struck me as a very gracious and lovely lady, today no difference at all. She looks just so engaging with everyone, a real princess in my book.

A great Princess !
She is a little bit older than myself so I liked the Hon Rev. Richard Chartres 's Speech.

Court Circular 24th October:
Princess Alexandra this afternoon visited St. Oswald's Hospice, Regent Avenue, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Tyne and Wear (Mrs. Susan Winfield).

Her Royal Highness afterwards visited Hospitality and Hope, Hampden Street, South Shields, Tyne and Wear.

Princess Alexandra later visited the Bowes Museum, Barnard Castle, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of County Durham (Mrs. Susan Snowdon).

https://www.stoswaldsuk.org/news/ne...-30-years-of-care-at-st-oswald’s-hospice.aspx
Princess presents award to South Tyneside charity - Shields Gazette

A great Princess !
She is a little bit older than myself so I liked the Hon Rev. Richard Chartres 's Speech.

She comes across as a lovely lady and always has a warm smile.

:previous: Indeed yes, she has that soft, sweet countenance and presence that is timeless, equally at home at Miss Marple's garden party or today's official opening of a Veteran Care Wing.

Court Circular 26th October:
Princess Alexandra, Royal Colonel, 3rd Battalion The Rifles, this afternoon visited the Regiment and families at Dreghorn Barracks, Redford Road, Edinburgh.

Her Royal Highness later visited St. Margaret's Chapel, Castle Terrace, Edinburgh.

Court Circular 1st November:
Princess Alexandra, Royal Patron, this evening held a Gala Concert and Dinner at Buckingham Palace to celebrate the Twentieth Anniversary of the Oxford Philharmonic Trust.

Court Circular 8th November:
Princess Alexandra, Royal Colonel, 3rd Battalion The Rifles, this evening attended the Regimental Awards Dinner at Guildhall, Gresham Street, London EC2.

Court Circular 11th November:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh were present this evening at the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall. Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy was also present.

Court Circular 12th November:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh were present this morning during the Ceremony at the Cenotaph on the occasion of Remembrance Day. The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Countess of Wessex, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence were present during the Ceremony.

As President of the Royal Humane Society Princess Alexandra handed out the Royal Humane Society Awards during a ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, November 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Court Circular 15th November:
Princess Alexandra, Patron, this afternoon visited the British Home at Crown Lane, Streatham, London SW16.

Her Royal Highness this evening held a Reception for the Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals Charity at St. James's Palace.

Last edited:

Princess Alexandra as Patron of The British Home visited the charity that cares for adults with disabilities and complex medical conditions, in Streatham on November 15:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

On November 27 Princess Alexandra as Deputy President of the British Red Cross Society attended the Christmas Market Preview Night at Guildhall in London.

** Pic **

The Court Circular has finally been updated with missing events!

Court Circular 22nd November:
Princess Alexandra, President, Royal Humane Society, this afternoon attended the Stanhope Gold Medal Luncheon at the New Zealand High Commission, New Zealand House, 80 Haymarket, London SW1.

Court Circular 23rd November:
Princess Alexandra, Patron, Perennial - Gardeners' Royal Benevolent Society, this afternoon received Mr. Richard Capewell upon relinquishing his appointment as Chief Executive and Mr. Peter Newman upon assuming the appointment.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, Guide Dogs for the Blind Association, afterwards received Mr. Thomas Wright upon assuming his appointment as Chief Executive.
Mr. James Hambro (Chairman) was present.

Court Circular 25th November:
Princess Alexandra was present at the Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of the Duke of Richmond and Gordon (formerly Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of West Sussex) which was held in Chichester Cathedral this afternoon.

Hundreds Attend Service of Thanksgiving For The Life of The Duke of Richmond

Court Circular 28th November:
The Queen gave a Reception for recently retired and appointed Lord-Lieutenants at Buckingham Palace this evening.
The Earl of Wessex and Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy were present.

Court Circular 6th December:
Princess Alexandra was present at the Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of Mr. Anthony Gordon Lennox which was held in Southwark Cathedral, London SE1, this afternoon.

Her Royal Highness this evening attended a Banquet at Guildhall, Gresham Street, London EC2, to celebrate the Four Hundredth Anniversary of the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries of London.

I hope Princess Alexandra is ok. She had several engagements announced this week and hasn’t attended any of them as per the Court Circular.

I hope Princess Alexandra is ok. She had several engagements announced this week and hasn’t attended any of them as per the Court Circular.

That’s strange. The Palace usually announces if a member of the Royal Family is forced to cancel engagements through illness. Hoping that Her Royal Highness is well.

Yes that is unusual and I hope that she is well.

I also hope that Princess Alexandra is not sick for she always seems like such a gracious lady when at events for HM. I find it strange that the courts have not said anything about this for surely they would mention something if she was out sick won't they? ?

There was bad weather in the UK at the beginning of the week, so at first I though it was that. But now it’s been three separate days and some of these events in London, so it doesn’t make sense. There’s always a chance that the website is wrong, which wouldn’t surprise me at all:ermm:.

These were the events in the diary on the royal family webpage:
· 12 December 2017
Princess Alexandra
President, Sightsavers will attend a Ceremony to mark the One Billionth Neglected Tropical Disease treatment at The Moller Centre, Churchill College, Storey's Way, Cambridge.
· 12 December 2017
Princess Alexandra
President, will visit the Fitzwilliam Museum Development Trust, Trumpington Street, Cambridge.
· 13 December 2017
Princess Alexandra
Patron, will visit St Christopher's Hospice, 51-59 Lawrie Park Road, Sydenham, London SE26 6DZ.
· 14 December 2017
Princess Alexandra
Patron, will attend the New Bridge Foundation Christmas Concert at the Parish Church of St George, Hanover Square, London W1.

I also hope that Princess Alexandra is not sick for she always seems like such a gracious lady when at events for HM. I find it strange that the courts have not said anything about this for surely they would mention something if she was out sick won't they? ?

As far as I know, the palace does not ever comment on the health of any royal. Even when Philip is admitted to the hospital, that's all they will say is that he's been admitted. No further details. Same with the Queen.

For minor royals they don’t seem to be quite as closed. In 2013 around this time they announced that the Princess would be forced to cancel all engagements for almost 3 months because she had been diagnosed with polymyalgia (sp?) and then earlier this year they said that she had cancelled engagements because of a fall in which she sustained a broken wrist.

I hope Alexandra gets well soon. She is a very elegant and dignified lady and one of my favourites after HM of the older generation.

:previous:
Totally agree with you HP, she is one of the most dignified of ladies in the royal circle to me. I always enjoy seeing her out and reading about her, she carries herself so well, and she is also a very beautiful lady. Wishing her a very quick recovery and up for the holiday happenings by HM.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom