Princess Alexandra of Kent and the late Sir Angus Ogilvy Part 1: July 2003-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is so wonderful to see HRH so active over the last few months. She truly was missed when she was so ill last year.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

On July 28 Princess Alexandra visited the Integrated Neurological Services, Twickenham:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Princess Alexandra as Patron of the BEN - Motor and Allied Trades Benevolent Fund opened the new Care Centre at Lynwood Court, Lynwood Village, Ascot on September 17:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thank you, iceflower, for tracking down all these pictures of Princess Alexandra. It is nice to see her staying active and looking as stylish as ever!

She always looks so lovely. Does anyone know the makers of the suits she wears. They tend to be rather alike and suit her perfectly.

Joining the above opinions, I have to say that Princess Alexandra looks great. It is great to see her making public appearances.

Thank you, iceflower, for tracking down all these pictures of Princess Alexandra. It is nice to see her staying active and looking as stylish as ever!

You are most welcome :flowers: And I totally agree with you!

On November 6 Princess Alexandra attended the 50th anniversary celebration of the Spitalfields Crypt Trust in London. The Spitalfields Crypt Trust helps people recovering from addiction.

** Pic ** rex gallery **

Princess Alexandra as Patron of St Christopher's Hospice in Bromley made her annual Christmas visit to the hospice yesterday, December 10.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Alexandra as Patron of St Christopher's Hospice in Bromley made her annual Christmas visit to the hospice yesterday, December 10.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Just a small correction: St. Christopher's Hospice is in Sydenham rather than Bromley. I have a personal connection with St. Christopher's as I live near the area and my great-aunt went there shortly before she passed away last summer as she was suffering from cancer. She was already very ill when she arrived at St. Christopher's so didn't get to fully experience it, but from what I've heard she liked being there. My mother also said that the staff there were very warm.

Princess Alexandra looked lovely - she is one of my favourite royals of the older generation. I didn't get the chance to see her today unfortunately because I was busy and didn't realise she had been near me until I got home.

No pictures... however, on 10th December 2015 Princess Alexandra attended a dinner for The Prince's Trust, at Buckingham Palace.

Will Princess Alexandra be participating in Alexandra Rose Day?

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

According to the FE on the official website there is nothing listed for Alexandra in this regard to the end of June - and the day is in June.

The PM is usually the first person to buy a rose on the day.

I should add that that isn't evidence that she won't be involved - only that it isn't on the FE at the moment.

Last edited:

I hate the tone of this article. It is so mean spirited. A niece wanted to share a charming picture of her great uncles off duty ..... In their sisters' home, the lovely and always elegant princess Alexandra ...and rather than be grateful and appreciative for a rare inside look, the DMail turn their noses up because it looks lived in and old. I know I should expect it from the mail... But I am offended and embarrassed.... And mad because I think there really will be hurt feelings and completely undeserved.

It reminds me of the way author Kitty Kelley went on and on about a frayed lamp cord she saw in Princess Margaret's sitting room. What she and dear Sebastian don't realise is that many aristocrats and royals have homes like these, a mixture of fine china and faded carpets and comfy elderly sofas and good silver and cheap radios. They're not worried about designer chic. I think Sebastian should get out a bit more!

The last para in that DM 'article' about Thatched House lodge was totally uncalled for.

Very distasteful article.

Flora posted a picture of her grandmother's brothers enjoying Orthodox Easter at their sister's house.

The focus of the story should have been on the close relationship between the siblings, instead, as always, the DM turned it into another nasty piece of work.

I see nothing wrong with the room.

Since the article I think Flora has deleted the picture. I follow her and Zenouska Mowatt on Instagram and the Kent branch of the royal family certainly seem very close.

Thanks for the link!
The article is odd It is nice to learn that the Kents celebrate the Orthodox Easter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom