Princess Alexandra of Kent and the late Sir Angus Ogilvy Part 1: July 2003-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what happened to princess Alexandra?

Is this regarding your question in the Annual Events thread, as she hasn't done any so far this year?

She has 3 events scheduled for April.

Ohh..Let that good old lady rest in peace in her old age..Atleast the DM and others dont crib about her not working full-on..

She turned 76 last December and so, I assume, like many other people of her age she is taking it easy being a grandmother and enjoying her life.

How sad to hear, but luckily polymyalgia rheumatica isn't too serious. I wish the Princess a swift recovery.

Sending Princess Alexandra all my best wishes and hopes of her getting well soon.

Thoughts with Alexandra. After Edward's stroke and now Alexandra's ill health, it becomes clear that the Queen's cousins are aging and will be slowing down. They deserve a rest really, they have worked hard for a long time.

I agree. Then again, we are learning that HRH The Duke of Kent will be making a 3-day trip to Ireland next week.

Really bad news. I think it serious.

The Kents are made of strong stuff, as evident by the 3 day trip to Ireland for The Duke next week after a stroke a few weeks back.

Hope she gets better, suspected ill health as she has always been a hard working member of the RF.

Oh yikes, this sounds so very painful. A very speedy recovery to HRH Princess Alexandra!!

I have a number of friends with this condition and it is painful although two of them still work full-time as teachers - no option as they need the money. Others still live their lives to the full but take the medication and eat properly and simply manage the pain.

She will be fine - this isn't life-threatening. It is painful but totally manageable - as I said I have a number of friends with this condition including two who work full-time and they take their medication and eat right and are doing fine (one actually thinks they are over reacting by cancelling her engagements because he says there is no reason to stop working as your aren't 'ill' but just have a painful condition - but he has had diabetes all his life so probably sees this as just another 'condition' and therefore no reason to stop doing everything he has always done).

She will be fine - this isn't life-threatening. It is painful but totally manageable - as I said I have a number of friends with this condition including two who work full-time and they take their medication and eat right and are doing fine (one actually thinks they are over reacting by cancelling her engagements because he says there is no reason to stop working as your aren't 'ill' but just have a painful condition - but he has had diabetes all his life so probably sees this as just another 'condition' and therefore no reason to stop doing everything he has always done).

Perhaps it's worsened by Alexandra's age and that's the reason for cancelling her engagements? I don't know a lot about the condition but does age affect it?

These kind of things hit people in different ways but I hope everything will be okay for her. If she need to take a rest from official engagements, then she should do so.

It usually hits people over 60 - it is an age-related condition. Most of my friends with it are in their mid-70s same as Alexandra. My diabetic friend is 68 and the other teacher I work with with it turned 71 in March.

Is Princess Alexandra into alternative/natural medicine?

Maybe she shuns prescription medicines & that is why the flare up is taking longer to heal.

The disease takes a couple of years to 'heal' with the right medicine.

Hopefully Princess Alexandra feels better soon. It is always a pleasure to see her undertaking engagements.

Last edited:
I guess we won't be seeing her at the Coronation anniversary service. I hope she gets better soon as well.

:previous:Huh..these media doesnt give a damn for them when they work, inspite of all their age and health problems. But so quick to point out when their engagements are cancelled..:bang:

Back
Top Bottom