Princess Alexandra of Kent and the late Sir Angus Ogilvy Part 1: July 2003-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The look on the young Duke of Kent's face is quite something, like he's thinking, "I've got it made.":lol:
There's a profile of Princess Alexandra in January's MAJESTY MAGAZINE which is well worth reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal visit to honour regiment's landmark

Canada's oldest infantry regiment is celebrating its 150th anniversary with a royal visit and ceremony at Currie Barracks.

Princess Alexandra plans to visit Calgary on April 22 to commemorate the military service of the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada.

Wonderful news. She doesn't travel outside the U.K. very often representing the Queen. It says this will be her last visit in this capacity. I wonder how long she'll stay?

I wonder if her position is going to go to another member of the Royal Family?

Princess Alexandra cancels trip to Victoria

The air-travel havoc caused by Iceland’s volcanic eruption has led to the cancellation of the long-planned visit to Victoria by Princess Alexandra, who was scheduled to travel here from Britain to be part of the 150th anniversary of the Queen’s Own Rifles.

======

I hope this doesn't cancel Princess Anne's trip, too.

This is unfortunate. I feel badly for the soldiers who looked forward to her visit.:ermm: (I'd hoped, too, for a couple of good pictures in HELLO Canada.)

Last edited by a moderator:
A lovely new pic of Princess Alexandra:

Princess Alexandra as Royal Colonel of the 3rd Battalion The Rifles, met
soldiers from the regiment who have recently returned from Afghanistan,
in Edinburgh, May 8 2010.

-----------> Pic

You're right Iceflower, it is indeed a lovely picture of this great lady!

Has she ever worn the uniforms of "her" regiments? Any picture?

I can't remember any particular pic, but it wouldn't surprise
me if she did, MAfan!

On May 18, Princess Alexandra as patron visited The British Home
in Crown Lane to meet residents and pupils from neighbouring
Crown Lane Primary School.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

:previous:

How great to see her at such an event again. She looks wonderful. :flowers:

There are some belated pictures here of her visit to the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada in Toronto in April. It seems the entire trip wasn't canceled.

Thank you for this, wbenson. Princess Alexandra looks especially regal in the blue outfit. Beautiful!:flowers:

There are some belated pictures here of her visit to the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada in Toronto in April. It seems the entire trip wasn't canceled.

Finally new pics of Princess Alexandra! Great to see her again!

Princess Alexandra is greeted by Air Vice Marshal Clive Evans CBE to mark the
completion of refurbishments at the Elis David Almshouse in Duppas Hill, Croydon
Surrey, October 18, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

On October 29, Princess Alexandra visited Combat Stress at Audley Court in
Newport, a treatment centre for persons from the military services who
suffer mental and psychological damage.

** Pic ** article & more pics: Princess Alexandra visits Combat Stress in Newport **

On November 3rd, Princess Alexandra in her role as Deputy President of the
British Red Cross Scoiety has opened the new Red Cross Centre in Reading.

** Pic ** article with a video: Princess opens new Red Cross control hub **

She looks wonderful! I've been looking at old photos her earlier this on Alamy. It's nice to know she's doing well and looking great.:)

Was Zenouska at the wedding?? Such an interesting name!

On May 10, 2011, the annual Fairbridge Film and Animation Awards took place
at the BFI Imax cinema in London in the presence of a great looking Princess
Alexandra :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

It´s always a great pleasure to see pictures of this regal, beautiful Princess. What a handsome couple they were, when she married Angus Ogilvie and their children were gorgeous as well. I´ve been a fan of the Kent family for a long time, as Princess Marina was for me, one of the most beautiful royal ladies I´ve ever seen.

Princess Alexandra has ended her term of presidency of the WWF UK, the Prince of Wales takes over from
today on, September 8, 2011, it's been announced. Related to that they both attended an event to mark
the 20th anniversary of the Global Forest & Trade Network at St. James' Palace today.

** Pic **

Princess Alexandra has ended her term of presidency of the WWF UK, the Prince of Wales takes over from
today on, September 8, 2011, it's been announced. Related to that they both attended an event to mark
the 20th anniversary of the Global Forest & Trade Network at St. James' Palace today.

** Pic **

I can't think of a better person to step in for her than Charles. Great picture!

Interesting.
I didn't even know that Alexandra was president for WWF UK. She looks great, such a classy outfit. I wish we could see her more often.

They do look much related. Duplicate noses! Great photo.

I can't think of a better person to step in for her than Charles. Great picture!

Interesting.
I didn't even know that Alexandra was president for WWF UK.

I think that's the main advantage of Prince Charles being the new President from now on,
Princess Alexandra has surely done a great job, but the Prince of Wales will get a lot more
media attention in this role/during the WWF events he'll attend, which means much more
media attention for the WWF UK..

When I watched the video, I was struck by how much her movements and energy are like the Duke of Edinburgh.:flowers:

Gracious elegant lady, always glad to see her on duty! Thanks for sharing, Iceflower! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom