The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2019, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I read the article earlier today and was actually surprised. If true Princess Alexandra must be feeling quite poorly to take the step and retire. Her brother was allegedly once quoted as saying that he'd never retire as long as the Queen is still working, a sentiment I'd imagine was shared by the rest of the cousins and Alexandra in particular.
That said a woman of that age who's fractured her wrist two times as a result of taking a tumble must know her limits and take care of herself.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:31 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It is based on an article in The Daily Express. TDE is the very worst of the British gutter press so I would take the scoop with a few pinches of salt.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with JR76, it depends on her health. She'll keep going as long as she can but if she's receiving medical advice to reduce her work, I imagine her family would be encouraging her to heed it.

I also agree with Marengo's comments about the Daily Express - vile rag.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

According to this Article it was denieed by the Palace
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a....html#comments

Old 01-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is interesting for me that a week or so ago she had two engagements listed for the 30th January in the FE but one was removed yesterday. Maybe she has been told only one engagement per day when she does do them.

I do think we need to remember that she had a health issue a couple of years ago that saw her miss engagements for quite a few months. I have a friend who has the same thing and she was forced to retire at 58 whereas Alexandra is now 82. She also had the issue with the broken arm last year, another side effect of age.

Tags
angus ogilvy, princess alexandra, princess alexandra of kent