Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Princess Alexandra has cancelled 11 engagements
Really bad news. I think it serious.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thoughts with Alexandra. After Edward's stroke and now Alexandra's ill health, it becomes clear that the Queen's cousins are aging and will be slowing down. They deserve a rest really, they have worked hard for a long time.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:13 PM
Majesty

I agree. Then again, we are learning that HRH The Duke of Kent will be making a 3-day trip to Ireland next week.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Really bad news. I think it serious.
The Kents are made of strong stuff, as evident by the 3 day trip to Ireland for The Duke next week after a stroke a few weeks back.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Majesty

Since it's Princess Alexandra's Wedding Anniversary, I decided to post this video of the Royal Wedding of 1963:

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-24-2013, 08:09 PM
Courtier

Hope she gets better, suspected ill health as she has always been a hard working member of the RF.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:10 AM
Serene Highness

Oh yikes, this sounds so very painful. A very speedy recovery to HRH Princess Alexandra!!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Majesty

I have a number of friends with this condition and it is painful although two of them still work full-time as teachers - no option as they need the money. Others still live their lives to the full but take the medication and eat properly and simply manage the pain.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Majesty

RICHARD KAY: Queen's cousin struck down by crippling illness:
RICHARD KAY: Queen's cousin struck down by crippling illness | Mail Online

I'm hoping her treatment is going well and she will at least be okay, even though her official engagements are cancelled.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Majesty

She will be fine - this isn't life-threatening. It is painful but totally manageable - as I said I have a number of friends with this condition including two who work full-time and they take their medication and eat right and are doing fine (one actually thinks they are over reacting by cancelling her engagements because he says there is no reason to stop working as your aren't 'ill' but just have a painful condition - but he has had diabetes all his life so probably sees this as just another 'condition' and therefore no reason to stop doing everything he has always done).
Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She will be fine - this isn't life-threatening. It is painful but totally manageable - as I said I have a number of friends with this condition including two who work full-time and they take their medication and eat right and are doing fine (one actually thinks they are over reacting by cancelling her engagements because he says there is no reason to stop working as your aren't 'ill' but just have a painful condition - but he has had diabetes all his life so probably sees this as just another 'condition' and therefore no reason to stop doing everything he has always done).
Perhaps it's worsened by Alexandra's age and that's the reason for cancelling her engagements? I don't know a lot about the condition but does age affect it?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Majesty

These kind of things hit people in different ways but I hope everything will be okay for her. If she need to take a rest from official engagements, then she should do so.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Majesty

It usually hits people over 60 - it is an age-related condition. Most of my friends with it are in their mid-70s same as Alexandra. My diabetic friend is 68 and the other teacher I work with with it turned 71 in March.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Courtier

Is Princess Alexandra into alternative/natural medicine?

Maybe she shuns prescription medicines & that is why the flare up is taking longer to heal.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Majesty

The disease takes a couple of years to 'heal' with the right medicine.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Queen’s cousin, Princess Alexandra, cancels another month of engagements
Old 05-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully Princess Alexandra feels better soon. It is always a pleasure to see her undertaking engagements.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Majesty

I guess we won't be seeing her at the Coronation anniversary service. I hope she gets better soon as well.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-30-2013, 02:37 AM
Majesty

Concern as the Queen's cousin Princess Alexandra, 76, cancels all her public duties due to ill health:
Concern as the Queen's cousin Princess Alexandra, 76, cancels all her public duties due to ill health | Mail Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-30-2013, 03:40 AM
Courtier

Huh..these media doesnt give a damn for them when they work, inspite of all their age and health problems. But so quick to point out when their engagements are cancelled..

Tags
angus ogilvy, princess alexandra, princess alexandra of kent