Princess Alexandra of Kent and the late Sir Angus Ogilvy Part 1: July 2003-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you very much Ice, are precious. The first and second seems an actress of the years 20. The third best reminds very much Lady Gabriella, elegant and always smiling. :wub:

Last edited:
You are most welcome, Majenn :flowers: On the first pic she was only 17!! :)
Here are the latest pics of Princess Alexandra from yesterday, when she was attending the Memorial Service for Major Bruce Shand:

4d5d53t.jpg
40el747.jpg

(gettyimages)
And some pics from the 1970s and 1980s:

2d0yydl.jpg
3ymiw5e.jpg
434tcef.jpg

(Majesty)

Thanks, her highness is a great dame. She has a classical beauty and with the step of the years she has turned more beatiful like her mother.
That does colour has eyes? Because in some images has them blues and another greens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've no idea about the colour of her eyes,Madjenn, as I also noticed that change of blue and green :) but I agree she looks so beautiful even at her age now, the latest pics I posted of her are a good example for that.

Alexandra in 1987 (pic 1), 1989 (2) and 1990 (3):
33yswuq.jpg
2ey9fzb.jpg
47vy7h4.jpg

(RM, ullstein)

A nice portraits of H.R.H Princess Alexandra of Kent, a great dame.
344tqub.jpg

(corbis)

Another good picture of Princess Alexandra is here
(perennial.org.uk)

Thanks Iceflower, here my photos, I hope you enjoy :)
1-Angus Oglivy and Pincess Alexandra with little James (1964)2-Ogilvy Family 3- Sir and Lady Ogilvy
2qn8b5k.jpg

2s7x2zn.jpg

483fk9y.jpg

(point de vue, semana & getty images)

Madjenn, your pics are wonderful, I had not seen the first one before, it's so cute! :) I do have a picture that is similar to your second one, but if I remember it right it's already posted some pages ago.

Princess Alexandra in 1990, I especially like her in that first dress, very beautiful:
30tigif.jpg
2wr12xi.jpg
2jd19vo.jpg

(Royalty M.)

PRINCESS ALEXANDRA OPENING THE DENHAM GARDEN VILLAGE RETIREMENT COMPLEX

from lfi

23968802pe3.jpg
23968804yd8.jpg
23968805qs4.jpg
23968806xp9.jpg

Yes, Iceflower, she wore in the dinner of the wedding of the Princess Alexia of Greece. Here the "same" dress in color blue
2rho3nq.jpg

(corbis)

Thanks for the newest pics, fanletizia, Alexandra looks very good and has a beautiful dress :)

Here are some pics from 1990 and 1991, the one with the hedgehog is one of my alltime favourites :) :

2hqx81u.jpg
35lf9z4.jpg
4i3m5ok.jpg

(Royalty M.)

A Princess Alexandra's majestic portrait
4crwp4j.jpg

(SEMANA)

A funny photos, Iceflower.
These come from year 1956 ( only she had 20 years ), Devon's Castle by Lichfield.
I'm sorry for the small dimensions.
402xb0z.jpg
2lx6xpt.jpg
3yrvrrk.jpg
4gxp0zk.jpg
2ij0qqc.jpg
3z9f5t3.jpg
2rp37zk.jpg

(REX FEATURES)

Last edited:
Other images:
1- 1966 Baptism's Marina
2- 1994 one of her events
3- 90's, she reminds me Angelica Houston in blonde.

4gogk90.jpg

453743s.jpg

2ylwmu0.jpg

(POLFOTO & CORBIS)

Wonderful pics, Madjenn. I like those from Rex very much, even if they are so small ;) And I had not seen that nice one from the baptism before. Thank you :)
Pics from 1992 (1+2) and 1995 (3+4)
3zv5y1f.jpg
30m4ugj.jpg
2z52n80.jpg
2l948et.jpg

(Royalty M.+ Profimedia)

Last edited:
Alexandra has always been incredibly beautiful. She's a wonderful woman and I'm always sad that she doesn't recieve the praise she should. Thankyou for the pics iceflower. They really are lovely.

You are most welcome, BeatrixFan :flowers: , me too I sometimes think that she works a bit in the shadow, so to say that her work is not really noticed that much..
Pics from 1995 (1+2) and 1996:

34ih475.jpg
2hz1t3q.jpg
2zo8y9t.jpg

(majesty, photoshot)

Last edited:

I become happy that you had liked photos. I think Beatrixfan that you have all of the reason she always has worked heavy to the crown and she never has been thanked except when the Queen naming third Dame of the Kingdom behind the Princess Anne.

1-Princess in waiting (Semana/Tim Graham)
2- A real Princess (Corbis)
3- Normal Life (popperfoto)
4- In airport a trip to africa with Lord Mountbatten (popperfoto)
5- one of her duties (one of my favorites photos I love dress) (caras)
6- Ogilvy family, 1966 ( cover of woman's day)
7- Baptism's James, 1964 ( cover of Women's weekly)
8- Engagement, 1963 ( Special Daily Mail Magazine)
9- 50 years of "Princess Noel", the Perfect Princess, 1986 (Point de Vue)

1*
33pdhs2.jpg
2*
48po0au.jpg

3*
3y28avr.jpg
4*
2i1gx3n.jpg

5*
4bdtjm8.jpg
Magazine covers: 6*
2m30938.jpg
7*
4d2hn4l.jpg

8*
435723n.jpg
9*
35d3rxt.jpg

Wonderful collection you've posted, Madjenn! If I had to choose my favourite pic out of these, I think I would choose the first one of Alexandra lying in the grass, she still looks so perfect and elegant on it..:) The covers are also very nice, especially the ones with the children. Thanks! :)

Pics from 1996 (1+2) and 1998 (3+4):

2e17pj5.jpg
2qxqnvb.jpg
4ggncpk.jpg
2hns56a.jpg

(profimedia)

I like the first pic, Iceflower, Princess's eyes are beatiful and in this pic are green. Princess repet many times this grey dress I think that it's her prefer dress I think that she wore it in golden wedding of Queen.

I'm glad you liked the pics, Madjenn :flowers:
Here are some new ones: "Princess Alexandra of Kent and James Ogilvy attend the 10th anniversary party for Luxury Briefing, at The Serpentine Gallery on October 5, 2006 in London, England."

(Photos by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)

Looking at the latest pics I think that Princess Alexandra now looks younger than in the 1990s. Here I have a cover I found by accident
29gn6dx.jpg

(from point de vue 1985)

Wonderful cover, Romy. Quite often I get the same impression :), especially when she wears her hair like on the pics from Thursday I've posted..
Caption: "Princess Alexandra presents the keys to a specially adapted Renault Scenic to London bombing victim Gill Hicks and her husband Joe Kerr on October 6, 2006 in the Royal Mews, London, England. The car was provided by Motability to mark the two millionth vehicle given by charity."

(Photo by Pool/Anwar Hussein Collection/Getty Images)

Last edited:
At the flowershow in 1971:

3z1ftjc.jpg

from alamy images

Thanks Iceflower it's nice seen news on Princess and Romy I love your pics it's very romatic:flowers:.
I found a pic of Ogilvy's couple, I'm so lucky because I don't have many pics of them.The other photo is this September and the right girl is Zenouska Mowatt, Princess's grandaughter.

2rr9a8p.jpg
4i1l8w9.jpg

(Alamy Images & Isifa)

Thanks for the very nice pics, Romy and Madjenn! Your pic from Isifa has been a special surprise for me, Madjenn, as I always wondered what Zenouska may look like today, so thanks a lot for that! :)
A late pic of the couple and two pics from 1999:

(Hello, Profimedia, Photoshot)

Yes, Iceflower, Zenouska is likeher mother Marina when you had his same age.​
As always, thank you for your pics they are great, specially I like the first for the look of admiration and love that Angus looks to Alexandra.
More pics of years 1963, 1961, 1998, 1997:
3za4d4o.jpg
2nbg0zn.jpg
2qlc2uv.jpg
4hi5d9j.jpg

(Interfoto,Caras, Photoshot, Tim Graham/Getty Images)

Madjenn, again your pics are great too. I like the pic of the couple and Alexandra looks so wonderful on that pic from photoshot, nice smile and nice gesture..:)
As you said that you do not have that many pics of the couple, I scanned in these for you - the second one is from Marina's christening:

(hulton/majesty + cecil beaton/camerapress)

Great you liked my pic, Madjenn and Iceflower! It's so nice to see your collections..!!
A pic from 1954 and one from 1962

4d7hl34.jpg
2wf2umw.jpg

(from alamy images)

Thanks Iceflower, your photos are very nice, I have some similar but they are yours better. They made a great couple!!
Romy, the first image she reminds to Queen when they had the same age, it's good thing that both have become converted in beautiful ladies!!​
Searching for the agencies I have found an unusual photo because I never have seen the Princess making a curtsy to the Queen 1963.
(ullstein bild)
2u79lwm.jpg

I'm with you Iceflower, Andrew reminds his elder daughter, his smile, his teeth jaja. Well searching I have found a portrait of my favourite princess, Princess Alexandra, she reminds me to Lady Gabriella.
(Van Parys Media)
40a6qvc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom