Prince William and Prince Harry: Charity Motorbike Trek in Africa - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Resign their commissions and have fun, I bet that is what they would really like to do, pick some fun things to do that say that part of the funds go to charity and everything will be fine. They can go on enjoying themselves and no one can criticize them for letting the army down....and perhaps it will make life easier for the soldiers to get on with their real work and not have to provide security for these two fun loving adventurers.

...Having fun whilst achieveing your own objective (ie, the charity work) is a great result! Surely a noble cause is not made more noble by not enjoying oneself.
I totally agree with that, what's the point of doing something if you can't enjoy yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like a fun adventure the brothers can share. They probably won't get many opportunities to do something like this together. And probably more worthwhile than some of the adventures in Africa shared by George VI's brothers.

It sounds like a fun adventure the brothers can share. They probably won't get many opportunities to do something like this together. And probably more worthwhile than some of the adventures in Africa shared by George VI's brothers.

What did George VI and his brothers do in Africa that was so unworthy?
Edward went round shooting things, that I know. What did George VI do?
Then there was Henry, he rather liked shooting if I remember rightly then the younger George, what did he do in Africa? Poor young John died so young so he wouldn´t have done anything in Africa. I am interested.

I have heard of people getting stomach bugs on cruise ships. Unpleasant.

Wills gets a thrashing | The Sun |News|Royals

Wills gets a thrashing

PRINCE William was at the receiving end of a sound thrashing - from an African village XI.

The 26-year-old royal may be president of the Football Association, but his credentials seemed wasted on the players from the Igxarho Location.

<>

The afternoon came during a rest day for the boys as they reached the halfway stage of their 1,000 mile African motorbike trek.
William and Harry are taking part in the Enduro Challenge along with 80 other riders. Their efforts have already raised more than £300,000 for people living in communities just like the Igxarho Location.

<>

The match took place in the small community in the heart of South Africa’s Wild Coast. Earlier in the day William and Harry had joined the other riders and rolled up their sleeves to paint a community building as they took a welcome break from their motorbike challenge.
But if William looked determined to avoid any danger on the pitch, he seemed fearless on his way back to the hotel.
Both the boys jumped on their 250 horsepower Honda machines and sped away down a dirt track without any helmets or protective clothing.

What did George VI and his brothers do in Africa that was so unworthy?
Edward went round shooting things, that I know. What did George VI do?
Then there was Henry, he rather liked shooting if I remember rightly then the younger George, what did he do in Africa? Poor young John died so young so he wouldn´t have done anything in Africa. I am interested.

Kent was notorious for running with a fast crowd (sex and drugs) and led Gloucester into an association with the adventuress/aviatrix Beryl Markham. Gloucester had to pay Markham off to keep their affair secret. (Markham also ran in the same crowd as Karin Blixsen and Denis Finch Hatton, she was his lover too.) And Gloucester was threatened with being named in Markham's divorce proceedings. (For all that Gloucester was reputed to be dull, he seemed to live it up in the 1920s and 1930s.)

Kiki Preston was also part of the Kenya group called the Happy Valley Set. She was a drug addict (her nickname was "the girl with the silver syringe") and allegedly had a child with Kent.

Considering that George VI and the Queen Mother set themselves up to be the pillars of respectability in the 1930s, his siblings left something to be desired.

Last edited:
So much for the belief that this is some kind of fun adventure.:rolleyes: I'm amazed that the riders could even get back on their bikes for his hard ride after getting dehydrated and so on. They must be tough!:)
I'm sure the heir to the heir and the spare received all the medical attention that was needed and yes, when you have that kind of backup available, it is a fun adventure. Old ladies of 80 or so have been known to get tummy bugs and manage to 'carry on', without such headlines.:whistling:

Ahhh Happy Valley, in that case Bertie and his wife were definitely not their brothers´ keepers.
In a way it is rather sweet to think that boring old Henry had a bit of a fling....:whistling:

Just as well that George and Elizabeth became King and Queen then. :flowers:

Kent was notorious for running with a fast crowd (sex and drugs) and led Gloucester into an association with the adventuress/aviatrix Beryl Markham. Gloucester had to pay Markham off to keep their affair secret. (Markham also ran in the same crowd as Karin Blixsen and Denis Finch Hatton, she was his lover too.) And Gloucester was threatened with being named in Markham's divorce proceedings. (For all that Gloucester was reputed to be dull, he seemed to live it up in the 1920s and 1930s.)

Kiki Preston was also part of the Kenya group called the Happy Valley Set. She was a drug addict (her nickname was "the girl with the silver syringe") and allegedly had a child with Kent.

Considering that George VI and the Queen Mother set themselves up to be the pillars of respectability in the 1930s, his siblings left something to be desired.

Perhaps HM and the Duke should go on the next one then.;):flowers:

I'm sure the heir to the heir and the spare received all the medical attention that was needed and yes, when you have that kind of backup available, it is a fun adventure. Old ladies of 80 or so have been known to get tummy bugs and manage to 'carry on', without such headlines.:whistling:

Judging from the football match photos, both Princes seems to have enough stamina left after the hard track. Although, Harry looks to be in sore need of some srubbing.:lol:

I'm not so concerned about the taxpayer cost; they would have security regardless of where they were. I get the sense though that if it were just an adventure ride and not for charity, then it would be clearly seen as the Princes goofing off and I object to the princes engaging a thrilling adventure for wealthy young men and people saying it must be OK because its a charity.

It just rubs me the wrong way.

That's actually a good point, I hadn't thought about it that way.

Can't have been so bad as they were able to play football after their "grueling" ride....:D

All the older members of the family in side-cars. :lol:

That'd be a good idea, why not have the whole family help out :lol:

IMHO it would be enough to measure every meter HM is walking in a year and have people subscribe to pay a certain sum for each meter (it's meter in Britain by now, isn't it?). I bet she would be the most successful charity supporter ever!

Now that is a good idea. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Or every honour awarded or every hand shook? The Pounds would pile up.:)

IMHO it would be enough to measure every meter HM is walking in a year and have people subscribe to pay a certain sum for each meter (it's meter in Britain by now, isn't it?). I bet she would be the most successful charity supporter ever!

Thats nice of them Charity and all that to bad they lost the match. When do they go back to Their Military Careers

The nation could never afford it me dear the woman is unstoppable.:lol:

Looks like a few of their close guy friends have joined them on this trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom