Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope then that Princess Michael is in good health now.

Thankfully she has a very sensible husband.

I was wondering, even if they are off the civil list, do their exoenses get paid for when they travel to represent the RF? Even if I criticize the michaels, I do think they are a breed, fast dieing of authentic royals, who dress and act the part with elegance and dignity.

If they do represent the BRF in any official capacity (such as the rebural of the late Empress Maria F sister of Queen Alexandra) I woudl imagine that any expenses associated are picked up by the Queen.

They don't do many official duties, after all.

I just love (sarcasm) the comments from the Daily Mail --- as per usual people don't have a clue on a particular subject before making nasty comments. The Michael's are not on the Civil List. But than again neither is William, Anne, Edward or Andrew, etc.

"Princess Pushy" makes for good headlines, I presume?

Also, I think is the Michael's business if they do or do not want to throw a price birthday party for the Prince. As long as they pay for it who cares. Now, I don't think you should pay for an extravagant party and than cry broke! Thats a different ball of wax!

I don't think Princess Michael really wanted an extravagant party, I think she just wants to organize something familiar, but specific.

Thankfully she has a very sensible husband.

Oh well, a Katie Nicholl article... I find it silly to write such stories when most of the DM readers may believe now that the 40.000 are taxpayer's money. And why sensible? Who cares if Princess Michael spends that amount of money for a private party as long as it is hers? Besides, you only get 70 once in a lifetime, who knows if Prince Michael will be around for his 80th, 90th etc.? However, he is a rather shy person, so he might not like the fuss of a big birthday bash...

@Auntie: I wish I knew if they're paid for such functions, but I don't. The Kents have represented the RF maybe once in a decade. Princess Michael represented the DoE in Italy last autumn and then I remember that both represented the Queen in Belize in the 1980's. Not that often...

Last edited:
So who pays for all their jet setting?

Well Princess Michael's website details a whole portfolio of business interests and one can deduce she is probably paid by the art gallery to represent them (she was recently in NYC at a show) and clients who have hired her to decorate hotel suites.

Prince Michael receives his military pension + a pension from the Queen and I notice that he mentions that he represents the Queen in commonwealth countries outside of the UK (so the tab would either be picked up by the government or the businesses who have hired him as a consultant).

Hope this helps :)

What pension does Prince Michael receive from the Queen? For what reason? I know she was picking up the tab for the rent on the Kensington Palace apartment but that was supposed to have come to an end by now.

I guess it's a pension from her private reserves, granted for the rest of his life.

Source: The Mirror (12/19/2002)

I guess it's a pension from her private reserves, granted for the rest of his life.

Source: The Mirror (12/19/2002)
Could not find the link to the Mirror story but it was in 2002 that the Queen began paying the 10,000 GBP a month rent on the Michaels apartment in KP. That arrangement came to an end in 2008.

So another non-story by the DM again. The headline suggests PM was told by Buckingham Place to tone the party down then we discover that she and the prince decided to do it of their own accord due to the recession. If anything they should be commended for taking into account the feelings of the public at such a time unlike a certain Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with their £15,000 per week jolly to the Carribean. But then some people are never criticised by the press whilst others like PM get in in the neck all the time.

Well Princess Michael's website details a whole portfolio of business interests and one can deduce she is probably paid by the art gallery to represent them (she was recently in NYC at a show) and clients who have hired her to decorate hotel suites.

Tak tak. Exactly. They don't work for their mother's soul, as a good ol' Greek friend would say. ;)

Angela, this must be the first time I see you talk reasonably, good for you! :flowers:

Taki is an attention seeking weirdo. He once said that he admires the Wehrmacht and he has insulted many people over the years. I don't get why people always speak badly of Princess Michael. She's one of the sweetest persons I've ever met. :)

It is great that Prince and Princess Michael visited San Francisco. Hopefully they enjoyed some of excellent food the city has to offer.

Last edited:
My God, Princess Michael looks wonderful, what a beautiful outfit!! Thanks for sharing the glamour, Dierna! :flowers:

It has often been suggested that they are a "rent-a-royal" couple, so pretty much whoever invites them, has the pleasure of fundng their trip and paying their fees.

Very Nice Pictures , Princess Michael Of Kent Look Very Nice as always :flowers: Thanx Dierna23

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom