Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

He was awarded the title of an Honorary Professor of the St. Petersburg Mining University for his "contribution to the development of the Russian-British relations". That may have been the main reason for his journey.

The ceremony took place yesterday, March 27:

** belga gallery **

I have to say, a lot of Americans like Princess Michael. They see her as one of the stylish members of the Royal Family, but she is not well-known as the other female royals.

She should promote her books in the U.S.

He was awarded the title of an Honorary Professor of the St. Petersburg Mining University for his "contribution to the development of the Russian-British relations". That may have been the main reason for his journey.

The ceremony took place yesterday, March 27:

** belga gallery **
The following link contains the video of the ceremony. Prince Michael gave a short speech in Russian.

Honorary Professorship for Prince Michael of Kent |St Peterburg Mining University

Sometimes when royals receive honorary titles or orders you wonder why. They seem to get them for simply visiting a country. That seems the contribution.

But that really isn't the case with Prince Michael. He has spent many years promoting good working between the two countries. He serves with the Russian British chamber of commerce who funds his trips to Russia. He us even a certified Russian translator.

Princess Michael to publish “inspiring” wildlife book. A Cheetah’s Tal[FONT=&quot]e is the first of Princess Michael’s books to detail aspects of her own life and she will undertake a number of promotional events later this year: [/FONT]

Princess Michael's 'inspiring' wildlife book

She is on pe if a few British royals to be a published author. And has had success. I would be interested to read.

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attended the presentation of the Hungarian version of Princess Michael's book "The Queen Of Four Kingdoms" at the Petofi Literary Museum in Budapest, Hungary on April 5:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** rex gallery **

Marie-Christine has such a zest in her. Hungary must have a special meaning to her since her mother and maternal grandmother were Hungarian.

PARENTS
Günther Hubertus Freiherr von Reibnitz
Maria-Anna Gräfin Szápáry von Muraszombat, Szechysziget und Szápár

GRANDPARENTS
Hans Egon Freiherr von Reibnitz
Ida Freiin von Eickstedt
Friedrich Graf Szápáry von Muraszombat, Szechysziget und Szápár
Maria Hedwig Prinzessin von Windisch-Graetz

Who will buy her Book in Hungary? I doubt it will be a best seller 8

Princess Michael -- New Patron of The Cheetah Conservation Fund's (CCF)

"Princess Michael of Kent represents a brilliant beacon of hope, not only for the cheetah, but for the people who live with the species in Namibia and throughout its African range"

British Royal in fight to save wild cheetahs

Marie-Christine has such a zest in her. Hungary must have a special meaning to her since her mother and maternal grandmother were Hungarian.

PARENTS
Günther Hubertus Freiherr von Reibnitz
Maria-Anna Gräfin Szápáry von Muraszombat, Szechysziget und Szápár

GRANDPARENTS
Hans Egon Freiherr von Reibnitz
Ida Freiin von Eickstedt
Friedrich Graf Szápáry von Muraszombat, Szechysziget und Szápár
Maria Hedwig Prinzessin von Windisch-Graetz

She is very prominent and outstanding Princess -
Her father Gunter is not mentioned by her and her family (everyone understand why, WWII stuff that needs to be forgotten, though he didn't support nazis, he was decent man), and her Grand father Count Friedfrich Szapary was Austria-Hungraian ambassador to Russian Empire - and he had to submit documents about war declaration.

Also she is a descendant of lots of European Royal houses, and by the way she descends from "Vampire Princess" Eleonore von Schwarzenberg

Last edited:
Who will buy her Book in Hungary? I doubt it will be a best seller 8

People are very well read in Hungary and there are plenty of excellent bookshops in the city. In one, I saw the Hungarian version of the most recent biography on Queen Elizabeth II.

Of-course Princess Michael's book will not be a best seller - the same as here in the UK but apparently there must be some demand for it to be published.

Marie-Christine published several books. If there was no any interest, the publishers would not continue with her, so it seems there is sufficient interest.

The Serpent And The Moon - Two Rivals For The Love Of A Renaissance King

Cupid And The King: Five Royal Paramours

Crowned In A Far Country - Portraits Of Eight Royal Brides

The Queen Of Four Kingdoms (Anjou Trilogy 1)

Agnès Sorel, Mistress Of Beauty (Anjou Trilogy 2)

Quiksilver (Anjou Trilogy 3)

Last edited:
The Princess is a Dame Grand Cross in the Sternkreuzorden. This prestigious Austrian-Hungarian Order is only granted to ladies with 16 noble quarters.

Usually the Kaiserin was the Grand Mastress of the Sternkreuzorden. After the monarchy this position befell to the most important Archduchess. The current most important Archduchess is Francesca von Österreich née Freiin Thyssen-Bornemisza. She just felt short in the requirement of 16 noble quarters, so her sister-in-law Archduchess Gabriele is the current Grand Mastress.

Princess Michael had no problems in providing a full "Ahnenreihe".

Besides this the Princess is a Dame Grand Cross of Honor and Devotion in the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (Knights of Malta), a Dame Grand Cross in the Sacred Constantinian Military Order of St George (Bourbon-Two Sicilies), she is a Lady in the Order of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Vatican).

Last edited:
I read "Crowned In a Far Country" many years ago when it was first released and more recently "The Serpent And The Moon". Both were very readable, very enjoyable. I can't say that HRH doesn't know her topic.;)

I did find it a bit irritating how completely she seemed to champion Diane de Poitiers in The Serpent and The Moon. She seemed to completely identify with the woman, emphasizing her descent from Diane and even insinuating that she felt reincarnated as Diane.

She only mentioned it passing that she is also equally descended from Catherine de Medicis.:cool:...not that I blame her but still.

As in previous years Prince Michael of Kent opened the London Motor Show yesterday, May 4:

** rex gallery **

Princess Michael of Kent at the 'Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac' pre-opening party in London on April 26:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Zoological Society of London's annual international fundraising gala "Safari in the City" took place at London Zoo yesterday, May 17, Princess Michael of Kent was one of the guests:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thanks for the update!
It is nice to see Princess Michael visiting St Petersburg. Princess Michael is said to be the guest of honour this year.

Too old for wearing long hair! She certainly speaks fluently the Russian language as she former private friends.

Too old for wearing long hair! She certainly speaks fluently the Russian language as she former private friends.
To the best of my knowledge, Princess Michael is not fluent in Russian. Prince Michael is.

Princess Michael has such an elegant laugh. And still a great beauty.

Princess Michael of Kent attended a screening of 'In This Climate' hosted by Liberatum and Kinetik, supported by Amanda Eliasch, in London today, July 10:

** gettyimages gallery **

TRH have been busy with multiple appearances a Wimbledon, looking resplendent, as always.

Princess Michael was seated directly beside Prince Albert of Monaco for the men's singles final, and appeared to get on like a house on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom