Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update!
The couple looked lovely as usual.

Princess Michael of Kent was invited to a private dinner hosted by Porter Magazine editor Lucy Yeomans for writer Amanda Foreman in London yesterday, September 7:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Princess Michael of Kent has risked the wrath of the animal lobby, saying creatures do not have "rights" because they cannot pay taxes.
The writer and historian, who is married to the Queen's cousin, Prince Michael of Kent, said animals cannot really be considered to have rights, as many believe today.
Instead, she said, human beings have an "obligation" towards them.
Speaking at the Henley Literary Festival about her new novel, starring 15th century French royalty, Princess Michael said: "Today we're always hearing about animal rights.
Princess Michael of Kent says animals do not have 'rights' because they cannot pay taxes - Telegraph

I suppose it was meant as a joke? Or let's hope so. I didn 't read the comments under the articles but I assume that many will point out that royals do not pay taxes either...:whistling: Not the most diplomatic remark of the princess, though as always she is entertaining.

She will probably be crusified for this by the politically-correct mafia, even though she seems to be an animal lover.

I suppose it was meant as a joke? Or let's hope so. I didn 't read the comments under the articles but I assume that many will point out that royals do not pay taxes either...:whistling: Not the most diplomatic remark of the princess, though as always she is entertaining.

She will probably be crusified for this by the politically-correct mafia, even though she seems to be an animal lover.
Um, the royals DO pay taxes - even The Queen pays on her private income.

I think people need to really READ what she said rather than jumping in and criticizing her. I will say, she is a very attractive lady for her age.

Finally a lady with common sense. As animals can not speak, can not form an opinion, do not pay taxes, they indeed do not have 'rights' a normal citizen enjoys. In neighbouring Netherlands there is even an Party for the Animals represented in the Netherlands, speaking for the animals, however we will never know how the animals themselves think or feel about that...

:whistling:

Anyway, Marie-Christine made sound and logic comments. Typically British media to frame it in the most negative light possible. Undoubtedly the people filling in the flood of comments will now grab a tin of chicken nuggets and forget the miserable lifes of these chickens...

Last edited:
Animals are living creatures, they are capable of feeling pain and love. Do they have a right to be treated as such? I believe so.

Animals are living creatures, they are capable of feeling pain and love. Do they have a right to be treated as such? I believe so.

True, I think my cat is human. ;)

The question is, "Although you would kill an animal to feed your starving child, would you kill your child to feed a starving animal--no matter how loved that animal is." I'd hope that very few people would choose the second option.

Finally a lady with common sense. As animals can not speak, can not form an opinion, do not pay taxes, they indeed do not have 'rights' a normal citizen enjoys.

Princess Michael of Kent was the special guest at the Harrogate History Festival at the Old Swan Hotel in Harrogate yesterday, October 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Indeed, that's a rare fashion mistake for HRH M-C. The shirt is terrible and the jacket looks like it shrunk in the wash. I understand the look she was going for, but it just doesn't work. She is usually impeccably stylish, so she gets a pass for this particular blunder.

Prince Michael did not accompany Marie Christine to the Chinese State Banquet.

Does any one know if he has been out and about recently?

Hopefully he has not had a set back in his health.

Prince Michael was seen at an engagement last week with Sophie Wessex and her children onboard HMS Daring. See the British Royal Family Current events thread. :)

He is very much alive and well. :)

Princess Michael of Kent presented 'Quicksilver', the final volume of her Anjou trilogy, in London today, November 9. Prince Michael and Lord Frederick attended the launch as well:

** gettyimages gallery **

On November 15 Princess Michael of Kent presented her books during the 3rd Russian Ball in London. "Crowned in a Far Country: Portraits of Eight Royal Brides" has been translated into Russian.

Lord Frederick attended the event as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

On November 15 Princess Michael of Kent presented her books during the 3rd Russian Ball in London. "Crowned in a Far Country: Portraits of Eight Royal Brides" has been translated into Russian.
Lord Frederick attended the event as well:
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2... [snipped]
Thanks for the update!
It would be lovely if Princess Michael presented her book in Russia.

:previous:

You're most welcome :flowers:

Once again supported by her son Princess Michael of Kent had a book launch at Christie's King Street in London on November 17:

On November 23 Princess Michael of Kent signed her books at Brown's Hotel. Lord Frederick was present as well:

Lord and Lady Frederick are bach in the UK.
According to Princess Michael (interview in Hello) her son and daughter-in-law will remain in the UK for the birth of their second child.
The baby is due around Princess Michael's birthday (15-1-2016)

HRH rincess Michael of Kent attended the Galerie Gmurzynska, Germano Celant and Sylvester Stallone Dinner, Art Basel Miami Beach on December 1st

PPE

PPE Agency

It is troubling that the eye patch has made a reappearance in Miami. I wonder if HRH had to have a further operation and that's why it's back on?

It is troubling that the eye patch has made a reappearance in Miami. I wonder if HRH had to have a further operation and that's why it's back on?
Is it on the other eye maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom