Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Michael of Kent with Bianca Jagger and Tracey Emin at the after party of the opening of
Tracey Emin's new exhibition "The Vanishing Lake" at Mark's Bar in London on October 6, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

To Auntie, On Dierna's pictures I saw wrinkles between her nose and her eyes.
I hope it is only on the pictures because she is still elegant and she knows how to wear and to change her jewels.

Princess Michael of Kent attended the Luisa Beccaria fashion show, Sept 22 2011 in Milan.
** Pic 2 **
A late update to iceflower's post.
Pic 2 shows Princess Michael with Princess Bianca of Savoy-Aosta.

Something I find remarkable about Princess Michael is that she can wear something that she wore in the 80s and make it look fresh. She's a lady with a lot of style.

They look like good ol' friends with Bianca, wonder why is that... :rolleyes: What could these two have in common? :rolleyes: Interesting meeting, thanks for sharing! :flowers:

Princess Michael of Kent with Bianca Jagger...
Too cool to see Princess Michael together with Bianca. I'm sure the exhibition has been great, too! Three interesting women. ;)
They look like good ol' friends with Bianca, wonder why is that... :rolleyes: What could these two have in common? :rolleyes: Interesting meeting, thanks for sharing! :flowers:
They might be old friends, at least some of Princess Michael's relatives are quite close friends with Bianca Jagger, as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Michael of Kent attended the launch reception for the "Belulah Blue Heart Campaign"
and the United Nations at Dorsia, South Kensington, London, October 18, 2011.

Two living Myths together, can't get better than that!!!! :heart::w00t:

On October 12, Princess Michael of Kent attended the opening of The Pavilion of Art & Design London.

** Pic **

On 1 November, Princess Michael represented the Duke of Edinburgh [who was ill] at Assisi in Italy, where she launged the The Green Pilgrimage Nework at the Sacred Land Celebrationk organised by the Alliance of Religions and Conservation [ARC] in Association with the World Wide Fund for Nature.

Thanks for the updates!
It is always a pleasure to see Prince and Princess Michael making public appearances.

Thanks Dierna23

I subscribe what Al_bina said: it is always a pleasure to see them

The Galerie Gmurzynska and Princess Michael of Kent hosted a dinner to celebrate the opening of
The Pavilion Of Art And Design New York held at the Cafe Gitane at the Jane Hotel, New York City,
November 6.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

Thanks for the pics iceflower.

Princess Michael seems to be good friends with Luisa Beccaria. I remember she attended her fashion show earlier this year

Thanks for the update!
Princess Michael and the Galerie Gmurzynska hosted a dinner..? I wonder what the connection between the Galerie and Princess Michael might be. Galerie Gmurzynska had some Russian exhibitions in the past.
On a different note, it was nice to see Princess Michael making a public appearance.

Why did she represent the Duke of Edinburgh? Was he invited because of the WWF link to the event?

Thanks for the update!
Princess Michael and the Galerie Gmurzynska hosted a dinner..? I wonder what the connection between the Galerie and Princess Michael might be. Galerie Gmurzynska had some Russian exhibitions in the past.
On a different note, it was nice to see Princess Michael making a public appearance.

You're welcome! Around 1 or 2 years ago I've read that she acts as a consultant for the Galerie Gmurzynska.
I don't know if that's true, but at least she has attended several events in connection with the Galerie
Gmurzynska during the past years.

In the meanwhile Prince Michael of Kent has taken part in the London to Brighton Veteran Car Run, as he does
since some years:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thanks for the pictures, Iceflower! Are my eyes fooling me or is Prince Michael wearing Ugg boots? :D

And yes, Princess Michael works for the Galerie Gmurzynska. She has visited several exhibitions and art fairs during the last weeks, also attended an exhibition in Switzerland about two weeks ago, but there haven't been any pictures.

I found a few more pictures from her trip to Assisi:

ARC_0066 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_ARC2925 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_ARC2916 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_ARC2964 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_ARC2982 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_ARC2370 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Many more can be found here (you'll have to scroll down a bit): Flickr: ARC - The Alliance of Religions and Conservation's Photostream

Thanks for the clarifications!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
It must be nice to be involved the art world and meet interesting people. I enjoy reading Brian Sewell's column in the Evening Standard. He has got a very elegant way of presenting art-related material.

Why did she represent the Duke of Edinburgh? Was he invited because of the WWF link to the event?

From what I understand it was a last minute decision that Princess Michael went to Assisi as she has been in Italy at that time anyway.

Here's a video of Princess Michael holding Prince Philip's speech: UBrainTV - Video Player

The speech may explain Prince Philip's involvement with the event better than I could. I thought Princess Michael did a good job, she's really a good speaker.

This evening Prince & Princess Michael will attend Battersea’s annual Collar & Coats Gala Ball. I hope for some pictures. :)

Prince and Princess Michael represent the british RF so well on so many occasions, I wonder why they are not part of the civil list?!

Last edited:
They have never been part of the civil list and never will be. I guess that's why I have much respect for them: they obviously need to earn money by themselves and yet they do so much charitable/unpaid work. Princess Michael for example is involved with about 44 charities and it's barely recognized, many people don't even know about it. For most people it's just "Princess Pushy" who runs after the money, the "Rent-a-Kents" etc. ...

They have never been part of the civil list and never will be. I guess that's why I have much respect for them: they obviously need to earn money by themselves and yet they do so much charitable/unpaid work. Princess Michael for example is involved with about 44 charities and it's barely recognized, many people don't even know about it. For most people it's just "Princess Pushy" who runs after the money, the "Rent-a-Kents" etc. ...

I suspect the Queen reimburse them for any expenses associated with doing royal duties, like she does for the rest of the family, out of the Civil List money that she and the DoE get from the gov't, as well as probably her own money.

:previous:
Her Majesty might reimburse expenses or might not. It would be impossible to determine it. The British royal family is known for being parsimonious.

Last edited:

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attended the Collars & Coats Gala Ball in aid of Battersea
Dogs & Cats Home at Battersea Evolution on November 11, 2011 in London.

With that appearance she'll be in the news for sure :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

Last edited:
A bit over the top even for her but guaranteed to make the papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom