Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think its an affectation. The cadences probably comes from speaking to family members. She was born in Karlsbad, which is now part of Czech Republic. Family were Austrian/German.

I occasionally say certain words with a Scottish intonation which I got from my mother.
I know someone who speaks with a broad southern Irish accent who was born and brought up in London, the accent taken from his mother.

I agree, cepe - traces of accents, intonations and cadences will persist for at least several generations, in my experience and observation.

It seems like the whole family will be loving up baby Maude and Prince George for Christmas.

'I've drawn up shortlist of suitable wives for my husband in case I die first!' Princess Pushy on royalty, money and lineage | Mail Online

In her imperious way, she has always been keen to stress her blue-blooded lineage.

So it should come as no surprise that Princess Michael of Kent has drawn up a list of socially acceptable wives for her husband should she die before him.

In an unintentionally hilarious interview to be published next week, Princess Michael of Kent offers the society bible a deliciously indiscreet insight into life at the heart of the Royal Family.

:ROFLMAO: Funniest interview she has ever given! I love her but, wowsers, she is a hoot! I don't think I've ever read about someone into ancestor-worship as much as her.

But the part about explaining to her children that "There are an awful lot of kids without a pony, you know" really made me laugh.

Austria / Australia .... LOL, too over-the-top funny. Thanks wbenson!

'I've drawn up shortlist of suitable wives for my husband in case I die first!' Princess Pushy on royalty, money and lineage | Mail Online

Not sure I am exactly a fan of hers. I've read some very unflattering stories. But I do admire her rapier wit and the way she maintains her independent, to hell-with-them attitude within the BRF.

She is a glamorous cat lover with a wicked sense of humor. I do like that!;)

She always cracks me up. I need to remember to read her book.

Yeah I like her too. You get the impression that some people who marry into the royal family compromise themselves a bit because they think they are so honoured to join the family. With Princess Michael I always think,"Good on her" because whe has a very clear sense of her own worth and ancestry so has never bent the knee to the British establishment.

Thanks for the links!
I enjoyed listening the interview.

Last edited:
Yeah I like her too. You get the impression that some people who marry into the royal family compromise themselves a bit because they think they are so honoured to join the family. With Princess Michael I always think,"Good on her" because whe has a very clear sense of her own worth and ancestry so has never bent the knee to the British establishment.

Precisely, you've nailed it. That's exactly why I can't help admiring her somewhat.
;)

I've always liked her simply because she isn't just another faceless Royal, she is a human being with her own values and opinions and if they clash with others so be it (this is also partly why I like the DoE, he speaks his mind regardless)

I think she has a complicated personality. I think she can be a hoot. But I think she also can stir the pot for her own amusement.
See:
"Harry could be leaving his one-bedroom flat at Kensington Palace for a 21-room home there – next door to William and Kate.

According to Princess Michael of Kent, he is taking the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester’s apartment as they are downsizing.

Read more: MOS DIARY: Prince Harry's satellite of love for Cressida | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook "

The DM is careful to conceal sources unless they can be revealed - so I find this odd that she would apparently surface a "kicking the Gloucesters out" story. I'm sure it is out of context and has more to do with Harry's possible future residences after he marries. But I am amazed that she would say anything at all - knowing it WOULD be taken out of context and be hurtful. The Kent's have gone through their own personal hell about residence at KP. She could have just stayed silent and smiled knowingly, or leaked it without attribution. Odd.

Must admit she does love self promotion with little regard to any consequences but that is also part of her charm, dare I say twisted charm.

I'll be honest and admit that I much prefer Prince Michael to his wife.

One thing I will always give them both credit for is the sheer amount of charity work they both do which is largely ignored by the mainstream press and usually only talked about in any depth on forums such as this.

I liked the pony statement but that one truly rocked...

'And sometimes people say, “Oh well, we all descend from Adam and Eve.” But do you descend from Charlemagne directly? Do you descend from Saint King Louis IX? I do.'

:D

She's getting more and more outrageous with every interview, but people with humour, like us, can see the funny side of this all. Thank God for MC, who could entertain us more? (from the BRF, I mean) :lol:
They have all become so dull!

I wonder if Prince Michael dreads opening a morning newspaper if he knows his wife has been talking to the press the day before.
Still think she says half the stuff she does just to wind up the establishment and the haters.
(all this chat has reminded me to get on with finishing the painting of Princess Michael that I've been working on)

Last edited by a moderator:
The posts over the past few days have been so insightful. I've wondered for a very long time why PMoK has made such peculiar remarks over the years and I am beginning to think it is a self-defense mechanism.

For example:

1. How does one respond to an establishment which questions the suitability of a divorced Roman Catholic marrying a British HRH? Perhaps publicly questioning a governmental system which openly discriminates against a particular religion.
  2. How does one respond to rumblings that one is a social climber from Australia? Perhaps by going right to the core of hereditary monarchy by emphasizing one's own "grand" genealogy in speeches, interviews, books authored, etc.
  3. How does one respond to questions about one's qualifications to write history? Perhaps emphasizing one's royal and noble genealogy, and alluding to stories that were passed down from mother & extended family.
  4. How does one "fit in" to a role which is not clearly defined, yet quite restrictive?
    1. Perhaps "re-write" history to only focus on one's high-born status (i.e. delete the word Australia from one's vocabulary, gloss over Dad's past and focus on his sprawling property in Africa).
    2. Perhaps adopt a style which is so regal in bearing and deportment that critics can't help but admit how convincing it is.
    3. Perhaps adopt a European accent and mindset and turning the tables by insisting that one is not an Englishwoman, but a European aristocrat (nowadays it's "Austrian").
If any of this is close to reality, it seems a bit sad, but also spectacularly courageous.

Corageous - except that she hurts others and sought the position she has. I'd like her honesty to extend full on to her own situation. Just my opinion. I have the courage to hurt others but seek the wisdom to hold back from doing so.

She also descends from Catherine de Medicis. I read her book "The Serpent and the Moon" years ago. It's about the love rivalry that Catherine had with Diane de Poitiers who was mistress to her husband King Henry II of France. Princess Michael claims descent from both women, but in her introduction to the book downplays the Catherine connection(for obvious reasons) and ruminates at length on her "connection" with the beautiful, seductive Diane....also for obvious reasons.;)

She stops just short of declaring that she is actually the reincarnation of Diane!:lol:

She seems really, really hung up on bloodlines. It makes me wonder how she took the news that her only son was going to marry a non-aristocratic actress.:cool:

Since she and Prince Michael get no money from the civil list, I say she found a way to earn a living.

She seems really, really hung up on bloodlines. It makes me wonder how she took the news that her only son was going to marry a non-aristocratic actress.:cool:

Apparently very well. Princess Michael has talked about Sophie many times and she had only good things to say. Was it honest? We'll never know

- Still think she says half the stuff she does just to wind up the establishment and the haters. -

Welcome to TRF, Victorian Dandy! :flowers: I'm always glad to meet young artists!
If this is true, then it shows that she's got courage and doesn't care about bad criticism, which is good and healthy.

PrinceS, great post! She is an interesting case indeed. ;)

Moonmaiden23... tak! You have all noticed how much MC emphasizes Sophie's beauty and intelligence. Perhaps in MC's view Sophie indeed lacks a remarkable lineage.

All in all, if we want to be serious, some of her statements are annoying, hurtful to non-royal people (and I'm willing to believe that she never does that on purpose) and even silly at times. After all, all of our ancestors descend from the apes, either someone like MC likes it or not. I can't say I'm inspired by her obsolete worldview either. But in the end, who can take royals seriously nowadays? I'm well over this phase...

Last edited:
:previous:
Proclamations about cooking and eating at home are a bit too dramatic. One might be assume that the couple lives better than usual people.

:previous:
Proclamations about cooking and eating at home are a bit too dramatic. One might be assume that the couple lives better than usual people.

More uncalled for pronouncements from the drama queen.

I have to agree with those who say MC may rather like to stir the pot a bit. AND, not to mention she is publicizing her new book and gets attention. True, she may upset some people but she also probably intrigues those who buy her books. I haven't read any of her books but apparently they do reasonably well. In a word, or more, she is doing one of the few things that are acceptable for royals to do to make some cash. I rather like her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom