The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Yes, indeed - we haven't seen Ella in ages. As usual she looks effortlessly lovely IMO.
Although sad, Lady Gabriella's wish to somewhat shun the limelight is understandable. It would be fair to say that she has got a life outside a royal glitz and glamour.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

What a beautiful young lady Ella is and so nice to see her appear with her parents. I've hardly seen her at all.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:57 AM
Gentry

The clips Princess Michael wears in her hair are so unusual. I'm genuinely bewildered: a gorgeous outfit with cheap plastic hairclips. Not being snarky ... just so puzzled.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Although sad, Lady Gabriella's wish to somewhat shun the limelight is understandable. It would be fair to say that she has got a life outside a royal glitz and glamour.
Yes, I agree. It seemed odd that she "disappeared" and I can only guess, but I believe after she called it a day with Aatish Taseer, Gabriella decided to change her lifestyle a bit. First she went to South America and now she's studying again (or has she already finished her study meanwhile?). Although it is a pity that we don't get to see her as often as we did in previous years, it is understandable that she appears to be fed up with the media circus. I hope, now that she came back to England, we will see her more often in the future, though.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know too much about Gabriella's background and activities, so that's interesting information. Wasn't she a writer as well?
Old 03-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

Lady Gabriella looks incredibly stunning, the resemblance between her and her aunt, Princess Alexandra is striking IMO.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree. Sometimes Gabriella looks just like a "clone" of Alexandra when she was young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I don't know too much about Gabriella's background and activities, so that's interesting information. Wasn't she a writer as well?
Yes, she worked as a journalist, also in South America. She graduated from Brown University, Rhode Island, with a BA degree in Comparative Literature. In 2010 she taught English for three months to underprivileged children in a slum in Rio de Janeiro and now she's reading Social Anthropology at Linacre College, Oxford.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Another well-educated royal; well done for Ella! I like that she taught underprivileged children and devoted some of her time in altruistic pursuits. Thank you for the information, Dierna. And her expression in this photo reminds me so much of the glances of both Princesses Marina and Alexandra:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/colombi...ream/lightbox/
Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

You're more than welcome, Baroness!

Yes, I agree. Sometimes she even reminds me a little bit of a young Queen Alexandra.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Ella's eyes, nose, mouth and chin are totally Marina, if you take a closer look.
I don't know whether she finished her new study or not. Could she be working now, does anyone know?
Old 04-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Princess Michael of Kent | TRH Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attended...
Old 04-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Good job, Dierna23! May I be a follower?!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Michael has attended the launch of 'Orient-Express: A Personal Journey' by James Sherwood
and Ivan Fallon aboard the British Pullman train at Victoria Station in London today, April 25, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** isopix gallery **
Old 04-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

It is nice to see Princess Michael making public appearances.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I can't get used to this poodle hairstyle. I find it really ugly and unflattering (makes her look far older too). I love her, but why can't she go for a hairstyle like Queen Noor's or so? Straight hair, or just slightly wavy, looks way better on MC.

Nevertheless, nice to see her. I heard that her book is coming out very soon and I'm sure she will go on promo tour. I'm looking forward to that.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the update!
Hopefully Princess Michael's book tour will be successful.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

You're welcome.

According to her website it will even be two books. "The Queen of Four Kingdoms" will be published this year and the second, a sequel, will be published in 2013. She has been working long and hard on that, I wish her success as well.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Michael of Kent steps out with VERY big hair | Mail Online
Old 04-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attend as Robert Redford launches the inaugural Sundance London Film and Music Festival at the US Embassy on April 25, 2012 in London, England. Pics here:

Princess Michael of Kent
Old 04-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I can't get used to this poodle hairstyle. I find it really ugly and unflattering (makes her look far older too). I love her, but why can't she go for a hairstyle like Queen Noor's or so? Straight hair, or just slightly wavy, looks way better on MC.
My thoughts exactly, Dierna. This look is too aging for her and dated as well. All I saw was an explosion of hair when I looked at these photos.

I was curious and went on her website for more information about her book; sounds like an interesting read and good luck to her on her book tour:

http://www.princessmichael.org.uk/bo...four-kingdoms/