The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On October 12, Princess Michael of Kent attended the opening of The Pavilion of Art & Design London.

** Pic **

Old 11-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Courtier

On 1 November, Princess Michael represented the Duke of Edinburgh [who was ill] at Assisi in Italy, where she launged the The Green Pilgrimage Nework at the Sacred Land Celebrationk organised by the Alliance of Religions and Conservation [ARC] in Association with the World Wide Fund for Nature.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^ No pics?
Old 11-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Here's a gallery: Rivista San Francesco Patrono d'Italia - Green Pilgrimage - La partenza dalla Basilica di San Francesco
Old 11-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the updates!
It is always a pleasure to see Prince and Princess Michael making public appearances.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Dierna23

I subscribe what Al_bina said: it is always a pleasure to see them
Old 11-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

The Galerie Gmurzynska and Princess Michael of Kent hosted a dinner to celebrate the opening of
The Pavilion Of Art And Design New York held at the Cafe Gitane at the Jane Hotel, New York City,
November 6.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **
Old 11-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pics iceflower.

Princess Michael seems to be good friends with Luisa Beccaria. I remember she attended her fashion show earlier this year
Old 11-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the update!
Princess Michael and the Galerie Gmurzynska hosted a dinner..? I wonder what the connection between the Galerie and Princess Michael might be. Galerie Gmurzynska had some Russian exhibitions in the past.
On a different note, it was nice to see Princess Michael making a public appearance.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy

Why did she represent the Duke of Edinburgh? Was he invited because of the WWF link to the event?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Thanks for the update!
Princess Michael and the Galerie Gmurzynska hosted a dinner..? I wonder what the connection between the Galerie and Princess Michael might be. Galerie Gmurzynska had some Russian exhibitions in the past.
On a different note, it was nice to see Princess Michael making a public appearance.

You're welcome! Around 1 or 2 years ago I've read that she acts as a consultant for the Galerie Gmurzynska.
I don't know if that's true, but at least she has attended several events in connection with the Galerie
Gmurzynska during the past years.

In the meanwhile Prince Michael of Kent has taken part in the London to Brighton Veteran Car Run, as he does
since some years:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 11-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the pictures, Iceflower! Are my eyes fooling me or is Prince Michael wearing Ugg boots?

And yes, Princess Michael works for the Galerie Gmurzynska. She has visited several exhibitions and art fairs during the last weeks, also attended an exhibition in Switzerland about two weeks ago, but there haven't been any pictures.

I found a few more pictures from her trip to Assisi:

ARC_0066 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_ARC2925 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_ARC2916 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_ARC2964 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_ARC2982 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_ARC2370 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Many more can be found here (you'll have to scroll down a bit): Flickr: ARC - The Alliance of Religions and Conservation's Photostream
Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the clarifications!
It must be nice to be involved the art world and meet interesting people. I enjoy reading Brian Sewell's column in the Evening Standard. He has got a very elegant way of presenting art-related material.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:22 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk View Post
Why did she represent the Duke of Edinburgh? Was he invited because of the WWF link to the event?
From what I understand it was a last minute decision that Princess Michael went to Assisi as she has been in Italy at that time anyway.

Here's a video of Princess Michael holding Prince Philip's speech: UBrainTV - Video Player

The speech may explain Prince Philip's involvement with the event better than I could. I thought Princess Michael did a good job, she's really a good speaker.

This evening Prince & Princess Michael will attend Battersea’s annual Collar & Coats Gala Ball. I hope for some pictures.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:00 AM
Royal Highness

Prince and Princess Michael represent the british RF so well on so many occasions, I wonder why they are not part of the civil list?!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

They have never been part of the civil list and never will be. I guess that's why I have much respect for them: they obviously need to earn money by themselves and yet they do so much charitable/unpaid work. Princess Michael for example is involved with about 44 charities and it's barely recognized, many people don't even know about it. For most people it's just "Princess Pushy" who runs after the money, the "Rent-a-Kents" etc. ...
Old 11-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
They have never been part of the civil list and never will be. I guess that's why I have much respect for them: they obviously need to earn money by themselves and yet they do so much charitable/unpaid work. Princess Michael for example is involved with about 44 charities and it's barely recognized, many people don't even know about it. For most people it's just "Princess Pushy" who runs after the money, the "Rent-a-Kents" etc. ...
I suspect the Queen reimburse them for any expenses associated with doing royal duties, like she does for the rest of the family, out of the Civil List money that she and the DoE get from the gov't, as well as probably her own money.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Her Majesty might reimburse expenses or might not. It would be impossible to determine it. The British royal family is known for being parsimonious.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attended the Collars & Coats Gala Ball in aid of Battersea
Dogs & Cats Home at Battersea Evolution on November 11, 2011 in London.

With that appearance she'll be in the news for sure

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **
Old 11-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent

A bit over the top even for her but guaranteed to make the papers.

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent