Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While it is nice to see the couple, Princess Michael appears to be overwhelming the event.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

:ROFLMAO: Your comment made me laugh iceflower. I love Princess Michael but, to be honest, when I browsed through these photos I thought she'd make a great character on that hilarious new American sitcom "Suburgatory".

That's a great event to attend but, oh my, how many other little pooches can Princess Michael hide in her voluminous robe??:lol:

Last edited:
Prince and Princess Michael are going to be the Royal representatives at the Lord Mayor's banquet for the President of Turkey on Wednesday night. Yeah!

^^ Looking foward to see pics of the elegant and beautiful Princess Michael

While it is nice to see the couple, Princess Michael appears to be overwhelming the event.

I agree, this was a grand appearance. I can't say I didn't like it though, a bit over the top, certainly not boring! :flowers:

^ Me too, and I know how you mean it. It's such a boring era, nobody seems to like eccentricity or glamour anymore... Well at least on the royal scene there's still one person who can fascinate us with her appearances. Marie-Christine: Love it or Leave it. ;)

:previous:
We so seldom hear anything positive about Princess Michael in mass media outlets. Even these positive tidbits of information are accompanied by acerbic remarks about her past faux pas. When meeting in person, people spoke kindly of her and were generally impressed with her. It is always a pleasure for me to see Prince and Princess Michael representing the UK or undertaking engagements. They do it with flair, raffinnement and elegance that can be found in the old school aristocracy.

Last edited:
Yes, Princess Michael can definitely be classified as a strong personality. She always brings her own grand style to an occasion or event.

Last edited:
We so seldom hear anything positive about Princess Michael in mass media outlets. Even these positive tidbits of information are accompanied by acerbic remarks about her past faux pas. When meeting in person, people spoke kindly of her and were generally impressed with her. It is always a pleasure for me to see Prince and Princess Michael representing the UK or undertaking engagements. They do it with flair, raffinnement and elegance that can be found in the old school aristocracy.

I remember that someone once wrote on a blog, I guess that person was even from Britain, that if Marie-Christine had become princess of any other European country she would have been "the star", but with her personality she simply couldn't win in England, mainly because of the rather aggressive press. I don't know if that's true or not, but I do think the British press has indeed created a rather unfair image of Princess Michael. I'm not saying that Princess Michael is without fault, she certainly has made mistakes, but... I may be biased as I too had the pleasure of meeting her and I found her perfectly nice, funny and overall simply adorable. :)

she certainly has made mistakes, but...

Yes,unlike some other family members who are saints :lol:

Just kidding...from the start she was doomed because she was German(Austrian),her father was revealed an SS member and because of proudly pointing out her royal and noble ancestry,which is in fact the grandest of all family members that had entered the family since Prince Philipp...

It is always a pleasure for me to see Prince and Princess Michael representing the UK or undertaking engagements. They do it with flair, raffinnement and elegance that can be found in the old school aristocracy.
Pleae excuse me for mentioning this, but in fact Prince and Princess Michael of Kent seldom represent the Queen or other members of the British Royal Family in an official capacity. I should think that such official appearances number one a year, if that!

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been kind of you to comment on my post. I did not write "representing the UK on behalf of the British royal family". Prince and Princess Michael happen to be invited to state banquets and receptions. This means they do represent the UK, not any other country, alongside other attendees. I hope I have clarified the situation since you appear to be so fussy about it.

Last edited:

Well, IMHO they don't represent the UK unless they are charged with that particular task by the Queen, which indeed the couple have been on a number of occasions. Otherwise at any function they attend, private or state, they are there as guests surely, and not representatives of the UK.

The other week we saw Princess Michael in Italy. On that occasion she was apparently representing Prince Philip, who was indisposed on that particular day. Even so, this was not representing the UK, it was representing Prince Philip.

Alex

It has been kind of you to provide some additional information. At the same time, I think it would be better not to argue over the semantics of "representing the UK".

Last edited:
I would like to see Princess Michael being given the family orders regardless of whether she is officially representing the Queen/ the UK or whatever.. I think she's "earned her stripes"

I would like to see Princess Michael being given the family orders regardless of whether she is officially representing the Queen/ the UK or whatever.. I think she's "earned her stripes"

She may get one posthumously,when she doesn't represent a "threat" to them anymore ;)

:previous: LOL! Yes, that could be possible. :ROFLMAO:

BTW, I wonder why there are no pics from the Kazakh Gala or Sparks' Winter Ball this year? The press coverage concerning the state banquet wasn't exactly grand, not one single pic of Princess Michael at the Media Reception at BP either... :ermm:

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen,

I just noticed Princess Michael has a new website:
http://www.princessmichael.org.uk/ and her old princessmichael.com website now redirects there.

It looks very much like Prince Michael's site (probably the same web developer). She is a bit of a workaholic!

Thanks for the information!
Princess Michael is a Grand Dame of the Order of Malta. That is impressive.

No, but thank you for sharing these! They are both into the protection of wild life, a very worthy cause! :flowers:

Prince Michael of Kent visits Macedonia
Prince Michael of Kent, member of the British Royal Family, accompanied by a high-level business delegation, pays January 28-February 1 a working visit to the Republic of Macedonia, upon an invitation by Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski.

Is it true that Princess Michael of Kent is suffering from skin cancer?

Is it true that Princess Michael of Kent is suffering from skin cancer?
As far as I know it's not true, but nobody knows exactly if she had ever been diagnosed with cancer.Personally I highly doubt it.

As far as I know it's not true, but nobody knows exactly if she had ever been diagnosed with cancer.Personally I highly doubt it.

She has had skin cancer. She was diagnosed with skin cancer in 1999 and 2003. It became only known when she talked about it to patients during a hospital tour in 2003. So, if she had cancer now (and I hope not!) we wouldn't know about it because she keeps such things completely private.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom