Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday, July 16, Prince Michael of Kent attended the 2017 Formula 1 Rolex British Grand Prix at the Silverstone Circuit in Northamptonshire:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

I do enjoy seeing the travels and adventures of these 2!
But what are the forum's opinions as to why we see them out and about so much, travelling around (mainly) Europe? As opposed to the the other 'cousins' that is - the Dukes and Duchesses of Gloucester and Kent?
Is it simply that they are not 'full-time-royals'?

True, they are not "full time Royals" but are invited at soo many Events , I don't understand how they can pay all their travellings.

I do enjoy seeing the travels and adventures of these 2!
But what are the forum's opinions as to why we see them out and about so much, travelling around (mainly) Europe? As opposed to the the other 'cousins' that is - the Dukes and Duchesses of Gloucester and Kent?
Is it simply that they are not 'full-time-royals'?

Maybe partly, but Princess Michael is German and Hungarian by birth so she probably enjoys continental Europe.
The Duchess of Gloucester attends some events in Europe, she was born in Denmark.

True, they are not "full time Royals" but are invited at soo many Events , I don't understand how they can pay all their travellings.

Princess Michael writes books. and has some business interests.
Prince Michael has a consultancy business and is also a Russian interpreter,

Last edited by a moderator:

Still in Austria Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attended the premiere of Wozzeck during the Salzburg Festival 2017 yesterday, August 8:

** rex gallery **

By the way, about Princess Michael's studying of Russian language.

Maybe it was due to some attempts in Russia to consider Prince Michael as alleged heir to the Russian Throne (because of his close blood relation to the last czar).

Official heiress Maria Vladimirovna is a rival claimant and may not be accepted by everyone. Though Michael of Kent is a compromise to be a new czar (they try not to use of title of Emperor)

Marie-Christine would be a marvellous Czarina!

Yesterday, September 3, Prince Michael of Kent attended the Hampton Court Palace Concours of Elegance in London:

** rex gallery **

Prince Michael of Kent is currently in Finland and visited the Design Factory of the Aalto University in Espoo today, September 26:

** rex gallery **

Princess Michael of Kent presented her newest book "Memories Of Mozambique" at the Cheltenham Literature Festival today, October 9:

** rex gallery **

It must be wonderful to be able to write so that people actually want to read it. Not a gift I ever had. I could write a decent business letter but nothing more.

:previous:
Thanks for the update!
Prince Michael looked very regal. Ms Oh Myung Hee did her best to greet him in an appropriate manner. On a different note ... I do not understand Ms Hee's style of art as it comes across as typical, if I may say so, Asiana. One might assume that her paintings look better in person than on SaatchiGallery photos.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update!
I find the topic a bit surprising. It is nice to see Lady Ella accompanying her parents.

Last edited:
:previous:

You're welcome as always! :flowers:

By now Princess Michael of Kent promotes her newest book in the USA!

She presented it at the Elizabeth Segerstrom's Tea for Princess Michael of Kent event at Newport Beach, Los Angeles on October 29:

** rex gallery **

Yesterday, October 30, Princess Michael of Kent attended the Mariinsky Orchestra Concert in honour of Henry Segerstrom and the 50th anniversary of South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, California:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Still in the USA Princess Michael of Kent yesterday, October 31, attended the South Coast Plaza Book Preview with Assouline on Frank Gehry-Designed Sailing Yacht at Newport Beach:

** rex gallery **

Prince Michael of Kent as Patron of the Russo-British Chamber of Commerce (RBCC) opened the RBCC RussiaTALK Investment Forum in Moscow on November 2:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Here is some photos of prince Michael of Kent in Finland in September:
Visiting the Haikko Manor Hotel in Porvoo, where he stayed also a night. The prince was shown paintings at the Princess Suite of Haikko, and photos of the royals who have visited Haikko. But prince Michael got totally surprised when he saw on the wall an original painting of his mother princess Marina of Greece and Denmark. He took many photos of the painting with his mobile phone.
Kuninkaallisia vieraita Haikon Kartanossa – Savot.fi
http://www.uusimaa.fi/sites/default/files/styles/article/public/neo/files/2274777.JPG?itok=2ORkk1eI

Visiting Aalto University's Design Factory
Uutiset_ Kentin prinssi Michael vieraili Aallossa - Aalto-yliopisto

Video of visiting a Fair

Last edited:
Visiting the Haikko Manor Hotel in Porvoo, where he stayed also a night. The prince was shown paintings at the Princess Suite of Haikko, and photos of the royals who have visited Haikko. But prince Michael got totally surprised when he saw on the wall an original painting of his mother princess Marina of Greece and Denmark. He took many photos of the painting with his mobile phone.

Very nice, do you think he'll show his brother and sister when he gets home ?

http://www.uusimaa.fi/sites/default/files/styles/article/public/neo/files/2274777.JPG?itok=2ORkk1eI

Visiting Aalto University's Design Factory
Uutiset_ Kentin prinssi Michael vieraili Aallossa - Aalto-yliopisto

Video of visiting a Fair
Haikko Manor is where Kirill Vladimirovitj and his wife Victoria Melita lived for a few years after their escape from Russia. Their son Vladimir was born in the nearby town of Borgå and spent his first years at Haikko. Since Kirill was the maternal uncle of Marina it's not that improbable that the couple, perhaps by accident, left one of their family portraits behind when they eventually left Finland.

Last edited:
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011-

How embarrassing. These professional beggars are the worst and are often very intimidating. I didn’t realise that TRH had such lacklustre police protection as to be badgered in this way.

How embarrassing. These professional beggars are the worst and are often very intimidating. I didn’t realise that TRH had such lacklustre police protection as to be badgered in this way.
They have no police protection, as they do not represent t the BRF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom