The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-28-2014, 07:56 PM
Courtier

I work with someone very much like PM: privileged background, lots of charity work, connections to everyone. I do a really good impression of her. If PM knows of an eligible man to take her off our hands, I'd be grateful.

My point: most people like this aren't interesting. They're insufferable, and everything is all about them.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
To me, it's just tacky that she's talking about her family to the press anyway. Especially when she loudly proclaims: 'I'm not going to talk about the family. I absolutely can't do that.' (And then, 'Here I go.')

I don't know why the RF - or her husband - tolerate it.
This. I'm sure she enjoys the privileges of being a member of the BRF-invitations, status, etc. And she did enjoy living (at the Queen's expense) in KP for many years. It just seems rude to be so gossipy to the press.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:35 PM
Gentry

Sincerely, I don't think Princess Michael said something that we didn't know already.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Royal View Post
Sincerely, I don't think Princess Michael said something that we didn't know already.

Then why open her mouth to the press AGAIN about the RF? Because she wants it to be all about her, all about her in the headlines to make more $$$. Funny thing is, when other people do this, there is pretty universal agreement that they are engaging in tacky behavior. Why does PM get a pass?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Cele|bitchy | Princess Michael of Kent: Princess Diana ‘did not have much of an education’
Old 01-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Gentry

I agree with those who have said that Princess Michael did not say anything nearly has inflammatory as the headlines printed. The papers just picked out the quotes they knew would cause controversy and picked the parts they wanted. However, she knows that she is disliked by the press in Britain and the British people in general, so why does she continue to even talk about the royal family? Saying "no comment" would make her interviews much less interesting, I suppose.

Also, Princess Michael comes off as terribly snobby and uppity and so above it all, which I find interesting since her background is not exactly as royal, rich and upper class as she wants us to think. I know she is doing PR for her new book but, seriously, she should just stop any questions about the royal family in its tracks and only talk about herself.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Gentry

I still maintain that Princess Michael said nothing wrong and that as usual the press are doing their best to blow the whole thing out of proportion.

And while I cannot speak for anyone else in this country but I quite like Princess Michael and I know a few others that also do, so she's not so vilified as some like to make out.

In fact I'd probably hazard a guess that most of the younger generation would go who and dismiss her as being "too old and boring" since she's not William/Kate or Harry.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
This. I'm sure she enjoys the privileges of being a member of the BRF-invitations, status, etc. And she did enjoy living (at the Queen's expense) in KP for many years. It just seems rude to be so gossipy to the press.
Therein lies the problem, they no longer enjoy their peppercorn rent and there were a spate of articles about how their business lost money again this year and of course they had to let their country house go not that long age due to lack of funds.

Quote:
Then why open her mouth to the press AGAIN about the RF? Because she wants it to be all about her, all about her in the headlines to make more $$$. Funny thing is, when other people do this, there is pretty universal agreement that they are engaging in tacky behavior. Why does PM get a pass?
As you note, she is pushing her book to raise sales and thus help fund the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed.
Tacky, probably, but not nearly as inflammatory as the headlines imply.
The fact that the Kent's are no longer subsidized by HM really makes all of this a 'so what,' the public doesn't pay her bills anymore, she's free to say and do as she pleases.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Then why open her mouth to the press AGAIN about the RF?

Because Her Royal Highness wanted to.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

But what is her motivation? The money she gets out of it with no regard to anyone else's feelings.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:35 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
But what is her motivation? The money she gets out of it with no regard to anyone else's feelings.
Did you bothered to read the article? The Princess said nothing wrong or nasty, she just said the truth. Her Royal Highness even said she was thrilled for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and that she was very fond of the late Diana, Princess of Wales.

Then, she said the minor and old royals don't receive much attention (which is true), that Lady Diana never received much of an education (which is also true, but doesn't mean the girl was dumb) and that she was unable to cope with Royal life (again, very true).

Honestly, no one can get hurt becuse of Her Royal Highness' words, unless the person is overly dramatic or ridiculously sensible.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes I did read it- I am not being overly dramatic. The only comments that disturb me are the ones about Diana. No problem with her saying she's happy about William Catherine and George.
No problem saying she's hopeful for the younger generation.
No problem saying she thinks that the younger generation find older generation boring.
Calling Diana uneducated in her snotty way implying that she was dumb is going too far.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Yes I did read it- I am not being overly dramatic. The only comments that disturb me are the ones about Diana.
Why? Because you thought she was an Oxford-educated woman, who had a wonderful childhood with a loving mother and that she had a perfect royal life?

Princess Michael said only the truth, the problem is that some people don't like when Diana isn't idolized, when people say the not so good truth about her life.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

No I am perfectly aware that Diana was uneducated. I don't idolize Diana I admire her. You can say someone was uneducated without implying they were dumb. I don't disagree with what Princess Michael said about Diana's mother though she should not of said it and Diana did not have a perfect private life as a royal by any means but she did make a big difference in public.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Did you bothered to read the article? The Princess said nothing wrong or nasty, she just said the truth. Her Royal Highness even said she was thrilled for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and that she was very fond of the late Diana, Princess of Wales.

Then, she said the minor and old royals don't receive much attention (which is true), that Lady Diana never received much of an education (which is also true, but doesn't mean the girl was dumb) and that she was unable to cope with Royal life (again, very true).

Honestly, no one can get hurt becuse of Her Royal Highness' words, unless the person is overly dramatic or ridiculously sensible.

1 ~ If you don't think seeing their Mother being used yet again by this piece of work to gain attention for herself isn't hurtful to William and Harry, think again.

2 ~ That last bit of your sentence describes you and your postings in this thread far more than it does the rest of us. The way you so fiercely defend her has me wondering if you aren't someone who knows her personally. It's the only reason I can think of for how you've been posting.

I'm sorry you're so blind to this woman and the continual publicity stunts she pulls, but she has a track record for this sort of stuff. That's the truth and also fact. If you can't see that, it's not the fault of any of us around here.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
You can say someone was uneducated without implying they were dumb.
I would like to understand how Princess Michael implied that Diana was dumb when Her Royal Highness said:

'Like probably many people of little education who find themselves, like pop stars or film stars, suddenly lauded by the whole world, it is very difficult if you have not had a mother bringing you up who was quite stern and strict.'

I guess you have your own special way to define when someone is implying something.

Diana left school with no O-levels and never went to university. She was little-educated. But that doesn't mean she was dumb.

The Queen never went to school, but Her Majesty isn't dumb.

Maybe you should admit that you don't like Princess Michael and is trying to vilipend Her Royal Highness for something she didn't said.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
[/b]2 ~ That last bit of your sentence describes you and your postings in this thread far more than it does the rest of us. The way you so fiercely defend her has me wondering if you aren't someone who knows her personally. It's the only reason I can think of for how you've been posting.
Yeah, I'm very close to dear Marie-Christine. I will have lunch with her tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Maybe you should admit that you don't like Princess Michael and is trying to vilipend Her Royal Highness for something she didn't said.

This comment was not meant for me, but I'll admit it freely-I don't like PM, or at least the person she appears to be by making money off of her family connections. Her comments make her seem snotty, and it's tacky that she conducts herself this way.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:16 AM
Courtier

PM also has to earn money. She does not get any from the royals.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

Well, it seems all of us agree that she stated the truth - Diana was uneducated.

The difference is that some (maybe those who like Diana and/or don't like Princess Michael) interpreted it as her implying something else (ie, that Diana was dumb) while the others (those who don't like Diana and/or like Princess Michael, me included) concluded nothing else that she just saying the truth.