Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The rent-a-royal is out again!
That sounds dangerous

This evening, November 7, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent together with two little companions attended the annual Collars and Coats gala ball in aid of Battersea Dogs & Cats home at Battersea Evolution.

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio ** gettyimages **

Old 11-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

It is nice to see Prince Michael attending various events.
The couple looked quite lovely.

To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 11-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Courtier

Did Prince Michael attend the London to Brighton antique car run?
Old 11-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The rent-a-royal is out again!

She looked nice though! Thank you all for the updates!
Old 11-22-2013, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Michael has signed her new book "The Queen of Four Kingdoms" at the British Red Cross Christmas Market at Guildhall, London on November 19, 2013.

** Pic ** belga gallery ** photoshelter.com gallery **
Old 11-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

New book and new botox treatment , but her hands are truth and older.
But she is indeed a beautiful women.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
New book and new botox treatment , but her hands are truth and older.
But she is indeed a beautiful women.
If the book sells well, she may well get the hands done as well!
Old 11-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
That sounds dangerous

This evening, November 7, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent together with two little companions attended the annual Collars and Coats gala ball in aid of Battersea Dogs & Cats home at Battersea Evolution.

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio ** gettyimages **
She is always elegant, appropriately and flatteringly dressed. Much more so than some other members of the family!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I am surprised to learn that the book promotion still goes on. Princess Michael's ensemble is a nice one.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Gentry

Where is her accent from?

PMoK talks about her new novel set in 15th Century France in an interesting interview for BBC Radio 2:

BBC Radio 2 - Steve Wright in the Afternoon, HRH Princess Michael of Kent, Piers Morgan, Steve Harley., HRH Princess Michael Of Kent chats to Steve Wright

I am curious about her accent. My understanding is that she lived and attended school in Sydney Australia until she was about 18, and then moved to London where she has lived for the past 40+ years. Is her accent an affectation? Where is it from?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I dont think its an affectation. The cadences probably comes from speaking to family members. She was born in Karlsbad, which is now part of Czech Republic. Family were Austrian/German.

I occasionally say certain words with a Scottish intonation which I got from my mother.
I know someone who speaks with a broad southern Irish accent who was born and brought up in London, the accent taken from his mother.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Aristocracy

I agree, cepe - traces of accents, intonations and cadences will persist for at least several generations, in my experience and observation.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

It seems like the whole family will be loving up baby Maude and Prince George for Christmas.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 11-30-2013, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

'I've drawn up shortlist of suitable wives for my husband in case I die first!' Princess Pushy on royalty, money and lineage | Mail Online

In her imperious way, she has always been keen to stress her blue-blooded lineage.

So it should come as no surprise that Princess Michael of Kent has drawn up a list of socially acceptable wives for her husband should she die before him.

In an unintentionally hilarious interview to be published next week, Princess Michael of Kent offers the society bible a deliciously indiscreet insight into life at the heart of the Royal Family.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Gentry

Funniest interview she has ever given! I love her but, wowsers, she is a hoot! I don't think I've ever read about someone into ancestor-worship as much as her.

But the part about explaining to her children that "There are an awful lot of kids without a pony, you know" really made me laugh.

Austria / Australia .... LOL, too over-the-top funny. Thanks wbenson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
'I've drawn up shortlist of suitable wives for my husband in case I die first!' Princess Pushy on royalty, money and lineage | Mail Online
Old 12-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Not sure I am exactly a fan of hers. I've read some very unflattering stories. But I do admire her rapier wit and the way she maintains her independent, to hell-with-them attitude within the BRF.

She is a glamorous cat lover with a wicked sense of humor. I do like that!
Old 12-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Royal Highness

She always cracks me up. I need to remember to read her book.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Yeah I like her too. You get the impression that some people who marry into the royal family compromise themselves a bit because they think they are so honoured to join the family. With Princess Michael I always think,"Good on her" because whe has a very clear sense of her own worth and ancestry so has never bent the knee to the British establishment.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the links!
I enjoyed listening the interview.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Yeah I like her too. You get the impression that some people who marry into the royal family compromise themselves a bit because they think they are so honoured to join the family. With Princess Michael I always think,"Good on her" because whe has a very clear sense of her own worth and ancestry so has never bent the knee to the British establishment.

Precisely, you've nailed it. That's exactly why I can't help admiring her somewhat.