Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 4: September 2006-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.... any royal descendance is from her mother. But I am sure this has nothing to do with her unpopularity, there are many other issues ...
The British do not like people who put themselves forward most of the time, nor are they too keen on a woman from a little known 'foreign' family trying to convince them that she is more royal than their own royal family. If she hadn't married Michael nobody in the UK would have heard of her. She is very loud, IMO, in her dress and attitude. There is also the problem of her father being a nazi.:ohmy:

that raises some questions. Does she indeed push herself in the foreground all the time (if she has such a marvellous look and sense for fashion why should she dress herself in a potato sack)? Most we know about her behaviour we read and hear from third persons. If you look at interviews with her she seems to be a rather calm, intellectual and charming woman. I had the opportunity to meet her and found her very likable, she has a good humour and is very nice! secound question - are we entitled to held responsible for what someones parents did?! I don't think so! Beside from that her mother was a anti-nazi and was a few days in prison because of that! People allways prefer to see the bad side it seems or create a stereotype, makes life easier. As she herself once said: the british press wanted to have a bad girl and they chose me!

Well,it is true that she is the most blue blooded since Prince Philipp who married into the family...her maternal grandmother is a Princess in her own right from an equal standing family as the royal ones...she has descended from almost every Catholic equal family of the Holy Roman Empire...

For example:

She and Queen Elizabeth II(and also her husband) both descended from Prince von Lobkowicz who died in 18th century...

She and King Albert II of Belgium both descended from Prince von Windisch-Graetz who died in 19th century

She is also related with Austrian Empress Sissi...Marie-Christine descended from Princess von Arenberg and Sissi's grandmother was from the same Arenberg family...

She descended from Savoy-Carignano family who were Kings of Italy

etc.

So,in terms of blue blood and descendancy from equal families she is the most blue blooded...Queen Mother nearest legitimate royal ancestor was Princess Jane of Scotland who lived in 14th century...so,what she said is really a fact and not a fiction!

But,sometimes,people react badly if the truth doesn't suit them!

I agree that the Press can be unfair, and is always looking to pick on anyone, but PM does give them plenty of fodder eg: her "affair" with the Russian, the fake sheikh issue in relation to the sale of Nether Lypiatt, "send themback to the colonioes", ".....anything for a hot lunch"......... the list goes on. So whilst one can query whether the moniker of Princess Pushy is apt or not, these really not characteristic of somebody who is a shrinking violet!

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

She denied that she ever said "send them back to the colonies". Her affair his her own thing, many aristcratic couples have arrangements, its their private live and leave them alone. The fake sheikh issue was a bit careless but in my opinion she said nothing what was that bad.

"Camilla will be our queen when Charles becomes king" - no cruel statement.
"I hope William won't marry Kate Middleton yet - he's too young" - her opinion.
"Diana was rather strange...a womb...not been loved." - well she knew her a bit, her personal feelings and from a historical view Diana was a womb as every consort of a king is because they have to produce an heir.

I do not know if she told the "anything for a hot lunch"-statement to a reporter or something. I found it rather funny. Sometimes she says just things which are SO true that all the politcal correct and moralizing people have to cry out of course. Its like with Prince Philip, some people say he's a old, mean man and a racist. I find him funny. But maybe its allways a difference between a man saying such things or a woman.

Well,anything she said might be the truth...like that with blue blood!

She denied that she ever said "send them back to the colonies"... .
You are absoluetly correct that none of this can necessarily be taken as fact and is not necessarily verifiable (in the legal sense of the term), but surely, if each oif these statements or incidents were completely untrue, PM would have sued the publishers successfully.

that raises some questions. Does she indeed push herself in the foreground all the time (if she has such a marvellous look and sense for fashion why should she dress herself in a potato sack)? Most we know about her behaviour we read and hear from third persons. If you look at interviews with her she seems to be a rather calm, intellectual and charming woman. I had the opportunity to meet her and found her very likable, she has a good humour and is very nice! second question - are we entitled to held responsible for what someones parents did?! I don't think so!
IMO, (yes, I too have met her) she does push herself forward. She can be quite voluble in her assertation that she is better bred, better dressed, children brighter etc. You can hear her when she is on the other side of a room.

Whether she has a marvelous look or sense for fashion, is in the eye of the beholder.:flowers:

I've never met her. :D Is she that loud? I think what we see in a person is in the eye of the beholder as well. :flowers: It reminds me of when I had the chance for a long meeting with another famous and quite controversial woman. I will not say the name, because she was not a royal and it would be a far too long story. :) But it was a very very big difference between when she talked to me and the way she talked in interviews. So I think I can't say anything about Princess M. and about her personality.

There are various temperaments (what makes life colourful IMO) and as we are all different people, someone prefers calm people the other maybe loud people. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion about it and how Al_Bina wrote, all this is really in the eye of the beholder and it's subjective how you percieve another person. :) However, as I remember right, Marie-Christine called herself once volatile and of hungarian nature.

Is it wrong to try to push yourself if you are not on a civil list and must make money of your own,unlike other royals?All these years Prince Philipp and the Queen were asking for more money from the Parliament and were not called pushers...

As for her sense of fashion,for me,she along with Lady Helen Taylor has the most glamorous taste...unlike Princess Anne!It is not what you wear but how you wear it...Marie-Christine has never been dressed badly...

And is married to the most blue-blooded Prince in the family ;)

I've never met her. :D Is she that loud? I think what we see in a person is in the eye of the beholder as well. :flowers:
I found her loud and on occasion, in dresses more suited, IMO, to a younger woman, blousy is the word that describes her, IMV. The outfits she sometimes chooses no longer go with the receding hairline. All most can do is read a variety of articles and form their own opinion and personal preferences will come into it. :flowers:

Everything is in the eye of the beholder ...

I've never met her. :D Is she that loud? I think what we see in a person is in the eye of the beholder as well. :flowers: It reminds me of when I had the chance for a long meeting with another famous and quite controversial woman. I will not say the name, because she was not a royal and it would be a far too long story. :) But it was a very very big difference between when she talked to me and the way she talked in interviews. So I think I can't say anything about Princess M. and about her personality.
It is a fruitless attempt to have a discussion with people, who have got a settled opinion about Princess Michael. There is nothing new in the stories about Princess Michael: the Russian lover, racist remarks, arrogant attitude, love of the spotlight. Oh .... how could I forget ... a monster-in-law and a low cut neckline for a church ceremony unbecoming to ladies of her age. Despite the above, I for one consider her to be a normal person. I am not sure how loud she might be. Based on the interviews I have heard and opinions of my relatives, who met her in person, Princess Michael has got a very nice voice and diction.

It is a fruitless attempt to have a discussion with people, who have got a settled opinion about Princess Michael.
Are you suggesting that only those who like her should discuss her?:ermm: Of course loud to one person might be good diction to another, it would depend what you are used to and the language spoken.

Enough. Time to move on.

I just watched on history channel a documentary called "The Vampire Princess"...The Princess in question is Princess Eleonore Amalia Magdalena von Schwarzenberg and is a direct ancestor of Marie-Christine von Reibnitz ;)

Other interesting thing is that her sister Princess Ludowika von Thurn und Taxis is a direct ancestor of Marie-Christine's husband Prince Michael of Kent and also Queen Elizabeth II...

So,their father Prince Ferdinand August Leopold von Lobkowicz is their mutual ancestor...

Here is a preview of the documentary in english:

YouTube - Vampire Princess Eleonore von Schwarzenberg: intro

and a longer version,but just in German :( :

YouTube - Die Vampirprinzessin - Teil 1

Thank you for posting this! I was always interested in her bohemian ancestors. I enjoyed the secound part which was very informative and a bit haunting too of course. ;) Reminded me that Queen Mary (of Teck) was an ancestor of the famous "Dracula" through her paternal grandmother Claudine Rhédey von Kis-Rhéde. Is Marie-Christine also related to them? Because Claudine Rhédey von Kis-Rhéde was also hungarian.

British Prince Michael of Kent, who is the relative of last Russian Tsar Nicholas II, will visit Kazakhstan on September 22-27.
I hope to see more information and photos of his visit.:)

Thank you for posting this! I was always interested in her bohemian ancestors. I enjoyed the secound part which was very informative and a bit haunting too of course. ;) Reminded me that Queen Mary (of Teck) was an ancestor of the famous "Dracula" through her paternal grandmother Claudine Rhédey von Kis-Rhéde. Is Marie-Christine also related to them? Because Claudine Rhédey von Kis-Rhéde was also hungarian.

Good point.Don't think that Marie-Christine has descended from the Rhedey family,but was related to them through Banffy de Losoncz family!After all,all of them were related.

I know that Princess Michael has descended from Bathori family whose most famous member was Elisabeth Bathori,the "Blood Countess" ;)

Also,it is said that Queen Mary has descended from Vlad II Dracul who is the father of the original Vlad III Dracula ''the Impaler"!

Also,in the documentary I posted it is said that her ancestor Princess Eleonore von Schwarzenberg was an inspiration for Stoker's novel "Dracula"...

She was interested in ocultism,loved hunting and was drinking wolves blood in order to give birth to a son...everyone thought that she was a vampire including her own family,that's why she was buried outside the family crypt!

Also,it is said that Queen Mary has descended from Vlad II Dracul who is the father of the original Vlad III Dracula ''the Impaler"!
Quite correct. Queen Mary (and thus all descendants of her and George V) has a recorded line of descent from Vlad II, Voivode of Valachia (or Walachia), through his son Vlad IV who was the brother of the famous/infamous terroriser of the Turks, Vlad III.
Just as interesting is Queen Mary's descent from Basarab, an earlier Voivode of Valachia, who was likely a great-great grandson of none other than Genghis Khan.

British Prince Michael of Kent, who is the relative of last Russian Tsar Nicholas II, will visit Kazakhstan on September 22-27.
I hope to see more information and photos of his visit.:)
That is a great news! I hope Prince Michael will have a good time in Kazakhstan.
Here is the confirmation of and some details the upcoming visit to Kazakhstan in the Astana City website.

Astana. 14th of September. The British prince Michael Kentsky will visit Kazakhstan on 22-27th of September, reported an informed source to "Interfax-Kazakhstan" agency.
"Prince Michael Kentsky is expected to arrive to Astana from the city of Farnboro (near London) on 22nd of September where next day he will meet Minister of Education and Science, Minister of Internal Affairs, Astana akim, and also the prime minister of the country", - said the interlocutor of agency.
Besides, he has informed that on 24th of September Prince Michael Kentsky will arrive to Almaty (Alma-Ata) with private visit.
Reference: Welcome to the official site of the Astana city!
Please, note that "Prince Michael Kentsky" is somewhat direct translation from the Russian. Kentsky means "of Kent"

The article from the Telegraph provides further details about Prince and Princess Michael's visit to Kazakhstan.
Borat's homeland lures Prince and Princess Michael of Kent - Telegraph

Given the fact that the visit is going to be private, I hope some photos will be released, at least the official ones.

Perhaps you will be able to see him...... as you are there.

Quite correct. Queen Mary (and thus all descendants of her and George V) has a recorded line of descent from Vlad II, Voivode of Valachia (or Walachia), through his son Vlad IV who was the brother of the famous/infamous terroriser of the Turks, Vlad III.
Just as interesting is Queen Mary's descent from Basarab, an earlier Voivode of Valachia, who was likely a great-great grandson of none other than Genghis Khan.

That means that Prince Michael is descendant of the "Dracul" while his wife Marie-Christine is descendant of the "Vampire Princess"...what a couple ;)

That means that Prince Michael is descendant of the "Dracul" while his wife Marie-Christine is descendant of the "Vampire Princess"...what a couple ;)

You could say "blood relatives". :lol:

Hi Wisteria,

"Blood relatives" - - I love it!!!

I wonder if, when they first met, they both said, "I want to bite your neck!!"???? :ohmy:

:whistling:

Larry

I think, they make a bloody good couple. :D I really love this forum - the thing with Genghis Khan I didn't know til now, very impressive!

As for the Kazakhstan-visit I think the Princess will join Prince Michael. Btw, as I remember right she will hold some of her lectures at the Transsiberian Express next April.

And btw...as I mentioned Princess Michael also descended from the same family as Elisabeth Bathori,the "Blood Countess",so one more blood connection ;)

Thank-you for this video. I was standing fairly close to Prince Michael about 25 years ago, and his voice hasn't really changed except getting lower pitch. He has a wonderful old-school Royal voice and accent.:flowers:

you're welcome, mermaid1962. i agree, he has a great accent and attitude too. there was this documentary "nicholas & alexandra" about the last tsar and tsarina in which he spoke most of the time and it was very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom