Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 4: September 2006-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you still haven't explained why you consider supporting a children's charity is "loving the limelight".

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you still haven't explained why you consider supporting a children's charity is "loving the limelight".
It's not supporting the charity, it's the way I think she seems to love beng in pictures, maybe this wasn't a good example, but in gereral MC seems to love being photographed, and the way she was grinning made me feel she loves the limelight.

When photographed, Princess Michael tends to look great. I am sure it has taken time to practice the grin so she can look nice on photos. Should she pout or make a serious face? It may safely be said that she will be viewed in a negative light due to past actions/words. At the same time, she can not be accused of doing/saying anything controversial lately.

Listen, I have no problem on agreeing to disagree, ok? for the sake of peace. I LOVE THIS FORUM :wub: and am willing to discontinue for the sake of peace, I have my opinion and you have yours. I might come along as sarcastic sometimes, probably it's b/c in real life or rather at work I tend to be super sweet ( work in PR remmber?!). Al Bina, I love your input and the way you explain things, keep the posts coming:flowers:

If Princess M does enjoy her position then I say good on her! It's there to be enjoyed and as a royal watcher I'd much rather observe someone who actually likes being a Princess than someone who moans about it. I don't think it makes her pushy it's just that it's been interpreted that way in the media. Also, that book about The Queen which I believe was written by Sarah Bradford that a previous poster mentioned also states that Prince Philip had many affairs during his marraige which he himself has denied so I don't think everything in it can be treated as Gospel.

...the way she was grinning made me feel she loves the limelight.
Here is a photograph of Princess Michael at the Variety Club children's charity launch:

Princess Michael

It looks to me that Princess Michael is smiling, just as some other people in the photograph are smiling.
Would you prefer that Princess Michael didn't smile while being photographed?

The point is this: if you are going to make broad-sweep negative or critical comments then you need to justify them.
You have stated several times that her smile is evidence of her "loving the limelight". It is only fair that you back up your assertion, based on the pictorial evidence.

Ican go on and on and on about why Princess M is referred to as Princess Pushy, yet I prefer not to, for the sake of peace, and I don't want my threads deleted or to be bashed by Princess M's fans, so I won't! Good for me:flowers:

Again, the point is this: it is all very well to have a negative attitude to Princess Michael, that is your perogative. However, there's not much sense in posting snarky remarks about her when she appears at a children's charity launch when the remarks have no relevance to what she is doing. You may as well post "I don't like Princess Michael because she is known as Princess Pushy" after every post made about her. It would at least be preferable to the puerile ":ROFLMAO: ewwww, she loves the limelight doesn't she?!" comment.

It is no different to other members bringing up the toe-sucking in the Sarah, Duchess of York current events thread at every opportunity, or others raising Charles's infidelity to Diana whenever they feel like it, or Diana's erratic behaviour when the topic is completely unrelated. It is about context and relevance, and of course choice of language.

I accept the rebuke, I may not agree with it...:nonono:, in a way I'm happy, b/c I have seen royal sites filled with such venom, I wouldn't want to stoop to that level. I will try to be less sarcastic as my sarcastic humour isn't liked. After all I am a visitor here, and you are the moderator and can :bangin: me.

Princess Michael was interviewed for Caras magazine by Diana, Duchess of Cadaval (wife of Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans) and aspiring royal author.

Pictures of Diana's first interview for Caras magazine, March 2009

(scanned by me)

The interview's place was Diana's home, in Estoril.

(click the pictures to enlarge them)

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks elegant, as always. She is, perhaps, one of the most misunderstood royals ... at least based on the firsthand interviews I've read which are in stark contrast to much of the reporting about her.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
... misunderstood royal ... That might be the case. Accounts of people, who actually met Princess Michael, "are in stark contrast to much of the reporting about her" as well.

The only interview I've seen with her was the one after the news came out about her father's involvement with the Nazis. She came across as very intelligent and not as a person feeling sorry for herself.:flowers:

She looks elegant, as always. She is, perhaps, one of the most misunderstood royals ... at least based on the firsthand interviews I've read which are in stark contrast to much of the reporting about her.

Also, that book about The Queen which I believe was written by Sarah Bradford that a previous poster mentioned also states that Prince Philip had many affairs during his marraige which he himself has denied so I don't think everything in it can be treated as Gospel.
If we are talking about the same author, I specificaly recall her saying about Prince P's affairs, that they have never been verified, and he denied it, being the most followed person in the UK, and whatever the truth is, fidelity or not, in the marital bed, he has always been devoted to HM and her cause, which for her has great meaning.

I searched Google and YouTube for you and didn't find anything...not even a transcript of the interview.:ermm: Are you familiar with the story? It came out in the early '80s IIRC.

Is that interview still available?

Over on the Royal Jewels of the World message board there is some speculation that Princess Michael may have at long last received the Royal Family Order. It is a bit hard to tell, but it appears that there is some yellow ribbon attached to her gown:
She is on the very, very far left hand side of the upper table:
Getty Images - Queen Elizabeth II Hosts State Banquet For Mexico's President Felipe Calderon And Margarita Zavala

President Felipe Calderon And Margarita Zavala Attend State Banquet - Pictures - Zimbio
She's in the background

Over on the Royal Jewels of the World message board there is some speculation that Princess Michael may have at long last received the Royal Family Order. It is a bit hard to tell, but it appears that there is some yellow ribbon attached to her gown:
She is on the very, very far left hand side of the upper table:
Getty Images - Queen Elizabeth II Hosts State Banquet For Mexico's President Felipe Calderon And Margarita Zavala

President Felipe Calderon And Margarita Zavala Attend State Banquet - Pictures - Zimbio
She's in the background

There's a lot of speculation leaping from a very small, feint, smudge! It doesn't look large enough to me - I bet it's just a brooch.....

There's a lot of speculation leaping from a very small, feint, smudge! It doesn't look large enough to me - I bet it's just a brooch.....
You may well be correct, GillW. It doesn't appear to have the same overall size that the Duchess of Gloucester's RFO does.

I agree with GillW noting that the piece in question might be a brooch. I highly doubt that Her Majesty will give RFO to Princess Michael. :sad::sad:

Princess Michael talks in this weeks Hello magazine about the marriage of Freddie and Sophie - i wil have to wait until i get my copy tomorrow to see exactly what see says im sure it is not much of an exclusive but you never know

Last edited:
I searched Google and YouTube for you and didn't find anything...not even a transcript of the interview.:ermm: Are you familiar with the story? It came out in the early '80s IIRC.

I remember seeing that interview about a year ago on alltheweb.com I remember how sad, but poised she was. At times she had that "deer in the headlight" look. I also remember reading how she lost a considerable amount of weight because of the whole ordeal.

That's rather bizarre about the article drawing a line between Princess Michael's father and his daughter suggesting churches. Perhaps Sophie isn't a practicing Jew.:flowers:

Sophie is an actress, but, first of all, she has a wonderful mind ," says his mother, Princess Michael of Kent. The Princess, whose father was a Nazi Party member, has been suggesting churches that might hold the ceremony. However, The Jewish Chronicle has lately claimed Sophie as a member of the Judaic faith.

A revealing tale of two faiths for Lord Freddie Windsor and Sophie Winkleman - Telegraph

The thing that struck me is "what's her dead father got to do with anything?" What's the connection?
The Telegraph story is weird journalism, more in line with the Sun or News of the World than a supposedly 'respectable' newspaper.

Sorry, but Marie Christine was born in 1945, soon before the end of the war and the nazi's government; so my question is: why to we need to remember about everything that her father was a nazi's supporter?

A key point for the brief comment is that the daughter of the Nazi party member is going to have a Jewish daughter-in-law. It does not sound sensational anymore. Princess Michael just shows respect for the woman her only son has chosen to marry.

The thing that struck me is "what's her dead father got to do with anything?" What's the connection?
The Telegraph story is weird journalism, more in line with the Sun or News of the World than a supposedly 'respectable' newspaper.
To sell papers of course. They think that, since it's really no big deal that 2 people in love should marry, that they need to create some sort of scandal, so they trot out the dead Nazi-party grandfather. :nonono:

To sell papers of course. They think that, since it's really no big deal that 2 people in love should marry, that they need to create some sort of scandal, so they trot out the dead Nazi-party grandfather. :nonono:
It seems to me a bit cruel for Princess Michael...

What else can any paper pin on Princess Michael? Mass media just rehashes old stories about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom