The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Royal Highness

What do the royal family call her? I know her real name isn't Michael, but she is known as Princess Michael, since she's married to him. What does he call her?

Old 07-01-2007, 03:23 AM
Administrator

Her name is Marie Christine.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

I have to say, regardless of her personality quirks, that I find it impressive that Prince and Princess Michael have remained married all these years, and appear to still be quite happy! Perhaps instead of snubbing them, the Windsor children should have paid closer attention

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 07-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
I have to say, regardless of her personality quirks, that I find it impressive that Prince and Princess Michael have remained married all these years, and appear to still be quite happy! Perhaps instead of snubbing them, the Windsor children should have paid closer attention
They may have remained married but both are said to have had lovers these past years, so I don't think they could have been that happy together!
Old 07-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Royal Highness

Oh Skydragon! You've shattered the illusion! I must say I'm a little surprised--they always seemed to so happy with each other. Oh well.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 07-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

they both could have been very happy with the arrangement and with their marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
They may have remained married but both are said to have had lovers these past years, so I don't think they could have been that happy together!
Old 07-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Serene Highness

They do seem to be genuinley happy in each other's company as they attend so many events both public and private together so it's not like they're married in name only the way some couples are.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pic 4.7.2007

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, Wimbledon, London, Britain - 04 Jul 2007
- the first time we see them together at Wimbledon this year

---> Pic
Old 07-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

LONDON - JULY 08: HRH Princess Michael of Kent (L) and Lord Frederick Windsor look on prior to the Men's Singles final match between Roger Federer of Switzerland and Rafael Nadal of Spain during day thirteen of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 8, 2007 in London, England.
Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 07-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

strange outfit for going to a tennis match and she looks like she has gained weight, less refined than other times. Hair seems too long for her age when she looks "bigger", she has to put it up or tie it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia View Post
LONDON - JULY 08: HRH Princess Michael of Kent (L) and Lord Frederick Windsor look on prior to the Men's Singles final match between Roger Federer of Switzerland and Rafael Nadal of Spain during day thirteen of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 8, 2007 in London, England.
Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 07-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Royal Highness

Well, all the men in the photo are wearing suits and ties, and I would venture a guess and say that they are all pretty uncomfortable. Princess Michael does look a little overdone with all the black--perhaps black is simply not her color and it ages her. Anyway, I will also say that I am still surprised that Prince Michael and his wife are both having affairs! I suppose because of all the fuss when they married that I expected a bit more from them. Oh well.....I think Princess Michael resembles Uma Thurman a bit.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 8.7.2007

Prince Michael of Kent attends the F1 Grand Prix of Great Britain at Silverstone on July 8, 2007 in
Northampton, England. Dave Benett/Getty

Prince Michael with the Beckhams

and with Bernie Ecclestone

I have to admitt that it looks a bit strange to me to see him with that couple..
Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think it should be taken as red that they have had affairs. They have totally denied these stories as have the people they were supposed to have had the affairs with (except one woman who said she had one with the Prince). It should be remembered that many sections of the media dislike them and are always trying to pin nasty things on them.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Royal Highness

Ok, kind of silly question, and not really OT. My dad is a big tennis fan, and he noticed that each year a "pretty blonde lady" hands out the trophy at Wimbledon, or something like that, it is at Wimbledon. He thought it was the Duchess of Kent, but I somehow thought it was Princess Michael. Whoever is wrong has to buy the other a dinner, so I'm hoping it's not me!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Ok, kind of silly question, and not really OT. My dad is a big tennis fan, and he noticed that each year a "pretty blonde lady" hands out the trophy at Wimbledon, or something like that, it is at Wimbledon. He thought it was the Duchess of Kent, but I somehow thought it was Princess Michael. Whoever is wrong has to buy the other a dinner, so I'm hoping it's not me!
I'm afraid it is normally Katharine, The Duchess of Kent.

Article One
Article Two
& Wiki

Sorry.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Mind you, she isn't doing it any more, so these days the "pretty blonde" would be the Duke of Kent . Which means that neither of you is right and perhaps you can share the cost of dinner.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Aristocracy

Maybe I'm the only one, but I liked the way Princess Michael looked at the tennis match
Here are two older pics of her and her husband Prince Michael, both are from 1997

http://i12.tinypic.com/4q4l0dg.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/63x1wdd.jpg
Old 07-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Serene Highness

Romy, I agree with you. The Princess IMO looked fine at Wimbledon. The awning over Centre Court has been torn down due to redevelopment so there was no shade from the sun that's why the Princess and other spectators wore large hats.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Serene Highness

This week's "Hello" website says the Prince and Princess are supposed to have just bought a castle in Russia.

Latest celebrity news and world news in pictures - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Nobility

Why aren't Prince and Princess Michael of Kent working Royals?

They don't perform official duties. They don't have a palace supplied press officer etc.

It isn't only the heads of each branch who are working Royals, as Princess Alexandra is very much a member of the firm.

Is it just because Prince Michael gave up his rights to the throne by marrying a Catholic?

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent