The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I'll have to have a look around for that documentary. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westminster View Post
you're welcome, mermaid1962. i agree, he has a great accent and attitude too. there was this documentary "nicholas & alexandra" about the last tsar and tsarina in which he spoke most of the time and it was very nice.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
That means that Prince Michael is descendant of the "Dracul" while his wife Marie-Christine is descendant of the "Vampire Princess"...what a couple
Ah, but Vlad the Impaler ruled with an iron fist and is revered by the countrymen. There was virtually no crime.
On the other hand, Elizabeth Bathori was an awful woman. Poor Marie-Christine!

Old 09-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Prince Michael is not a descendant of Vlad III (the Impaler) but of his brother, Vlad IV.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

Prince Michael is not a descendant of Vlad III (the Impaler) but of his brother, Vlad IV.
Yes,that's why I said from Vlad Dracul(his father) and not Vlad DraculA(which means the son of Dracul),the Impaler

Also,one more interesting thing is that Prince Michael of Kent and Baroness Marie-Christine von Reibnitz married in Vienna in the same Schwarzenberg Palace where her ancestor "the Vapire Princess" died...

Too many "bloody" connections
Old 09-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Ah, but Vlad the Impaler ruled with an iron fist and is revered by the countrymen. There was virtually no crime.
On the other hand, Elizabeth Bathori was an awful woman. Poor Marie-Christine!
"The Vampire Princess" and "The Blood Countess" are two different women...

The first one is Eleonore von Schwarzenberg and the ssecond Erzebeth Bathori and both of them are connected through blood with Marie-Christine...
Old 09-21-2009, 04:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Yes,that's why I said from Vlad Dracul(his father) and not Vlad DraculA(which means the son of Dracul),the Impaler
Yes Marc, but I was responding to Russophile's post. I thought I needed to make it clear before another myth is perpetuated.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Kents to sell royal treasures | Mail Online
Old 09-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'll have to have a look around for that documentary. Thanks for the heads up.
I have just uploaded the first part on youtube. To see Prince michael of Kent wait for 02:16 mark. Its an excellent documentary.

Secound part:

Old 09-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Serene Highness

I can't wat to see what items are going to auction at Christies. With Princess Marina's Romanov ancestry I think some items may have a Russian connection which would be interesting. She must have had a great many possessions as her children are well known to have wonderful collections of faberge etc in their homes and now these surplus treasures have come to light. It makes a nonsense of the stories about her having to sell almost all of her heirlooms when she was widowed. There was clearly lots left to go around.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

It is sad that the Kents are forced to sell some of their family heirlooms. At the same time, I agree with angela saying that it would be interesting to see what items are to be auctioned. Undoubtedly there will be a few masterpieces for new rich people to buy.

Special thanks to Westminster for uploading video!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks so much for posting the videos, Westminster! It is indeed an excellent documentary, which I watched a few months ago in full length. Btw, its nice to see Prince Michael at Wolfsgarten. I moved two months ago to Darmstadt and it isn't that easy to visit Wolfsgarten or Heiligenberg but I visited the Mathildenhöhe and the Russian Chapel. I was quite surprised to see the Princess of Hessen-Darmstadt in this documentary as well, because as far as I know they don't own Wolfsgarten?? Informations about that I found in the internet were quite confusing. However, I think that Prince Michael made a very good job as "presenter" in this documentary.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:35 AM
Serene Highness

It dosn't sound as if the family are being forced to sell these items. If they have lay in storage for over 40 years not being used it makes sense to do a clear out and get the money for them. I read there are over 200 things for sale.

P.S. Why are the papers emphasising the Michaels role in the sale rather than the fact it is the Kent family as a whole who are doing it? It's any excuse to try and make them look desperate for cash.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Aristocracy

You are very welcome, Al Bina and Dierna23! I too don't know who owns Wolfgarten today.

It is very sad that the Kents have to sell their family heirlooms, especially when they come from Princess Marina. I suppose they don't do that with pleasure as especially Marie-Christine loves historical and artificial heirlooms.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Royal Highness

I do hope the Kents make the windfall they are expecting, it must be awful to sell sentimental items and not to make the amount of money you expect.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Administrator

This thread has become a mega-thread because a stray Prince & Princess Michael thread has been merged into it.
There are also some pages of earlier photos moved from elsewhere which now appear at the beginning of the thread.

The new Prince and Princess Michael current events thread part 5, commencing September 2009, can be found here.

° ° °

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent