The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I've never met her. Is she that loud? I think what we see in a person is in the eye of the beholder as well.
I found her loud and on occasion, in dresses more suited, IMO, to a younger woman, blousy is the word that describes her, IMV. The outfits she sometimes chooses no longer go with the receding hairline. All most can do is read a variety of articles and form their own opinion and personal preferences will come into it.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Everything is in the eye of the beholder ...

Quote:
I've never met her. Is she that loud? I think what we see in a person is in the eye of the beholder as well. It reminds me of when I had the chance for a long meeting with another famous and quite controversial woman. I will not say the name, because she was not a royal and it would be a far too long story. But it was a very very big difference between when she talked to me and the way she talked in interviews. So I think I can't say anything about Princess M. and about her personality.
It is a fruitless attempt to have a discussion with people, who have got a settled opinion about Princess Michael. There is nothing new in the stories about Princess Michael: the Russian lover, racist remarks, arrogant attitude, love of the spotlight. Oh .... how could I forget ... a monster-in-law and a low cut neckline for a church ceremony unbecoming to ladies of her age. Despite the above, I for one consider her to be a normal person. I am not sure how loud she might be. Based on the interviews I have heard and opinions of my relatives, who met her in person, Princess Michael has got a very nice voice and diction.

To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 09-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It is a fruitless attempt to have a discussion with people, who have got a settled opinion about Princess Michael.
Are you suggesting that only those who like her should discuss her? Of course loud to one person might be good diction to another, it would depend what you are used to and the language spoken.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Enough. Time to move on.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Courtier

I just watched on history channel a documentary called "The Vampire Princess"...The Princess in question is Princess Eleonore Amalia Magdalena von Schwarzenberg and is a direct ancestor of Marie-Christine von Reibnitz

Other interesting thing is that her sister Princess Ludowika von Thurn und Taxis is a direct ancestor of Marie-Christine's husband Prince Michael of Kent and also Queen Elizabeth II...

So,their father Prince Ferdinand August Leopold von Lobkowicz is their mutual ancestor...

Here is a preview of the documentary in english:

and a longer version,but just in German :( :

Old 09-18-2009, 12:58 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you for posting this! I was always interested in her bohemian ancestors. I enjoyed the secound part which was very informative and a bit haunting too of course. Reminded me that Queen Mary (of Teck) was an ancestor of the famous "Dracula" through her paternal grandmother Claudine Rhédey von Kis-Rhéde. Is Marie-Christine also related to them? Because Claudine Rhédey von Kis-Rhéde was also hungarian.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:03 AM
Heir Apparent

British Prince Michael of Kent, who is the relative of last Russian Tsar Nicholas II, will visit Kazakhstan on September 22-27.
I hope to see more information and photos of his visit.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Thank you for posting this! I was always interested in her bohemian ancestors. I enjoyed the secound part which was very informative and a bit haunting too of course. Reminded me that Queen Mary (of Teck) was an ancestor of the famous "Dracula" through her paternal grandmother Claudine Rhédey von Kis-Rhéde. Is Marie-Christine also related to them? Because Claudine Rhédey von Kis-Rhéde was also hungarian.

Good point.Don't think that Marie-Christine has descended from the Rhedey family,but was related to them through Banffy de Losoncz family!After all,all of them were related.

I know that Princess Michael has descended from Bathori family whose most famous member was Elisabeth Bathori,the "Blood Countess"

Also,it is said that Queen Mary has descended from Vlad II Dracul who is the father of the original Vlad III Dracula ''the Impaler"!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:33 AM
Courtier

Also,in the documentary I posted it is said that her ancestor Princess Eleonore von Schwarzenberg was an inspiration for Stoker's novel "Dracula"...

She was interested in ocultism,loved hunting and was drinking wolves blood in order to give birth to a son...everyone thought that she was a vampire including her own family,that's why she was buried outside the family crypt!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Also,it is said that Queen Mary has descended from Vlad II Dracul who is the father of the original Vlad III Dracula ''the Impaler"!
Quite correct. Queen Mary (and thus all descendants of her and George V) has a recorded line of descent from Vlad II, Voivode of Valachia (or Walachia), through his son Vlad IV who was the brother of the famous/infamous terroriser of the Turks, Vlad III.
Just as interesting is Queen Mary's descent from Basarab, an earlier Voivode of Valachia, who was likely a great-great grandson of none other than Genghis Khan.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
British Prince Michael of Kent, who is the relative of last Russian Tsar Nicholas II, will visit Kazakhstan on September 22-27.
I hope to see more information and photos of his visit.
That is a great news! I hope Prince Michael will have a good time in Kazakhstan.
Here is the confirmation of and some details the upcoming visit to Kazakhstan in the Astana City website.

Quote:
Astana. 14th of September. The British prince Michael Kentsky will visit Kazakhstan on 22-27th of September, reported an informed source to "Interfax-Kazakhstan" agency.
"Prince Michael Kentsky is expected to arrive to Astana from the city of Farnboro (near London) on 22nd of September where next day he will meet Minister of Education and Science, Minister of Internal Affairs, Astana akim, and also the prime minister of the country", - said the interlocutor of agency.
Besides, he has informed that on 24th of September Prince Michael Kentsky will arrive to Almaty (Alma-Ata) with private visit.
Reference: Welcome to the official site of the Astana city!
Please, note that "Prince Michael Kentsky" is somewhat direct translation from the Russian. Kentsky means "of Kent"

The article from the Telegraph provides further details about Prince and Princess Michael's visit to Kazakhstan.
Borat's homeland lures Prince and Princess Michael of Kent - Telegraph

Given the fact that the visit is going to be private, I hope some photos will be released, at least the official ones.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 09-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Courtier

Perhaps you will be able to see him...... as you are there.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Quite correct. Queen Mary (and thus all descendants of her and George V) has a recorded line of descent from Vlad II, Voivode of Valachia (or Walachia), through his son Vlad IV who was the brother of the famous/infamous terroriser of the Turks, Vlad III.
Just as interesting is Queen Mary's descent from Basarab, an earlier Voivode of Valachia, who was likely a great-great grandson of none other than Genghis Khan.
That means that Prince Michael is descendant of the "Dracul" while his wife Marie-Christine is descendant of the "Vampire Princess"...what a couple
Old 09-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
That means that Prince Michael is descendant of the "Dracul" while his wife Marie-Christine is descendant of the "Vampire Princess"...what a couple
You could say "blood relatives".
Old 09-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Aristocracy

Hi Wisteria,

"Blood relatives" - - I love it!!!

I wonder if, when they first met, they both said, "I want to bite your neck!!"????

Larry
Old 09-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think, they make a bloody good couple. I really love this forum - the thing with Genghis Khan I didn't know til now, very impressive!

As for the Kazakhstan-visit I think the Princess will join Prince Michael. Btw, as I remember right she will hold some of her lectures at the Transsiberian Express next April.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Courtier

And btw...as I mentioned Princess Michael also descended from the same family as Elisabeth Bathori,the "Blood Countess",so one more blood connection
Old 09-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Aristocracy

Old 09-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank-you for this video. I was standing fairly close to Prince Michael about 25 years ago, and his voice hasn't really changed except getting lower pitch. He has a wonderful old-school Royal voice and accent.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:54 AM
Aristocracy

you're welcome, mermaid1962. i agree, he has a great accent and attitude too. there was this documentary "nicholas & alexandra" about the last tsar and tsarina in which he spoke most of the time and it was very nice.

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent