The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Aristocracy

Hi,

She looks wonderful, but he should trim that horrible white beard or better yet, get rid of it... Ugh!!

Larry

Old 07-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree on one side, she looks beautiful as always (very red ). But he has always looked quite odd without his beard (though I always found him handsome). I really don't think he would look better without it - especially because his hair on the head has become so rare

Old 07-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchiolarry
<...> She looks wonderful, but he should trim that horrible white beard or better yet, get rid of it... Ugh!! <...>
I must disagree: I think Prince Michael looks wonderful with the beard. And I simply cannot imagine him without the beard; it would be, well, weird
Princess Michael looks characteristically beautiful.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince and Princess Michael looked wonderful as usually. I have to say that Princess Michael effortlessly pulls off very big pieces of jewellery.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
HRH Prince Michael of Kent and HRH Princess Michael of
Kent attending Lady Annabel Goldsmith's Summer Party
in Ham, London, July 14, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Princess Michael certainly has the personality to carry off the red ensemble with style. However, IMO,she could do with styling her hair a bit better than she had it that evening.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Without the beard, he looks "weak chinned." You can see him without it at the time of his marriage. He looks much better with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchiolarry View Post
Hi,

She looks wonderful, but he should trim that horrible white beard or better yet, get rid of it... Ugh!!

Larry
Old 07-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Aristocracy

Hi,

Well, what can I say - I dislike beards...
I think men look younger and more cleanly without them.
I suggest that if he wants to keep a beard and because he looks weak chinned without one, that he trim it up from that scraggly looking mess on his face.

Too bad he can't transfer some of it to the top of his head!!

Larry
Old 07-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Men who have lots of hair in their beards and on their bodies tend to have less uptop. Maybe it's a way of compensating.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

No wonder William grew that beard at Christmas!

Seriously, I liked William's beard and I like Prince Michael's. I think it lends an air of gravitas.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 07-17-2009, 01:36 AM
Royal Highness

I suspect that it was Princess Michael's idea for him to grow a beard, she has amazingly good taste, and it was a good change for his image, and makes him look more royal. The fact is, he didn't have one prior to his marriage.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 18.7.2009

Royal patron Princess Michael of Kent speaks at the Sparks
CHARM (Childhood Arthritis Response to Medication) Study
day, held at Goodenough College, London, July 18, 2009.

The aim of the study is to find out why some children respond
better to their medication than others. Around 30 families
affected by childhood arthritis attended the day.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **
Old 07-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

The pics are great. The Princess looks so warm and friendly in them and SPARKS is such a worthy charity that it's a pity engagements like this don't feature more in the press. But then the papers wouldn't dream of showing her acually doing something good now would they?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree with everything. Such cute pictures, thank you. And its really an important charity.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Telegraph, 18 July 2009:

Borat's homeland lures Prince and Princess Michael of Kent - Telegraph
Old 07-22-2009, 04:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

With the Queen about to begin charging them 120,000 a year to rent their apartment at Kensington Palace, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent look as if they are about to take a major hit to their income at the worst possible time.

Princess Michael of Kent risks being another statistic of the recession - Telegraph

Princess Michael of Kent faces losing her job at the 'Harrods of antiques' after the firm went into administration.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...im-crunch.html
Old 07-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Princess Michael of Kent faces losing her job at the 'Harrods of antiques' after the firm went into administration.
Princess Pushy is facing the push as antique dealer employer falls victim to crunch | Mail Online
I didn't even know Princess Michael had a paying job.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

She also writes historical novels and worked as a interior decorator before her marriage.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Courtier

I've read all three of her books ("Crowned in a Far Country: Portraits of Eight Royal Brides", "Cupid and the King" and "The Serpent and The Moon: Two Rivals for the Love of a Renaissance King") and found her style of writing very interesting and engaging. I hope she considers adding a fourth book to her bibliography soon enough.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I have read them as well and enjoyed it I think she is now working on a book about Elizabeth Stuart, a granddaughter of Mary Stuart and known as the "Winter Queen", but I'm not sure about it. More information about it you can find in an interview from fall 2004: Barnes*&*Noble.com - Her Royal Highness, Princess Michael of Kent - Books: Meet the Writers

This interview is also interesting because she's been asked about her favourite books, music and movies etc. in it.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Thank you for the link to the interview, Dierna23!
I am surprised to discover that the Princess and I share not only our preference in books (and she mentioned some of my most favourite ones), but also in music (Wagner's Ring Cycle is one of my all-time favourites), movies and, of course, love for History.

I should really like to read a well-researched book about Elizabeth Stuart: she had an interesting and eventful life and with Princess Michaels' gift of writing, I'm sure it will be a fascinating read.

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent