The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Gentry

She looks elegant, as always. She is, perhaps, one of the most misunderstood royals ... at least based on the firsthand interviews I've read which are in stark contrast to much of the reporting about her.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

... misunderstood royal ... That might be the case. Accounts of people, who actually met Princess Michael, "are in stark contrast to much of the reporting about her" as well.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Heir Apparent

The only interview I've seen with her was the one after the news came out about her father's involvement with the Nazis. She came across as very intelligent and not as a person feeling sorry for herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceS View Post
She looks elegant, as always. She is, perhaps, one of the most misunderstood royals ... at least based on the firsthand interviews I've read which are in stark contrast to much of the reporting about her.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is that interview still available?
Old 03-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Also, that book about The Queen which I believe was written by Sarah Bradford that a previous poster mentioned also states that Prince Philip had many affairs during his marraige which he himself has denied so I don't think everything in it can be treated as Gospel.
If we are talking about the same author, I specificaly recall her saying about Prince P's affairs, that they have never been verified, and he denied it, being the most followed person in the UK, and whatever the truth is, fidelity or not, in the marital bed, he has always been devoted to HM and her cause, which for her has great meaning.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I searched Google and YouTube for you and didn't find anything...not even a transcript of the interview. Are you familiar with the story? It came out in the early '80s IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Is that interview still available?
Old 03-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Royal Highness

Over on the Royal Jewels of the World message board there is some speculation that Princess Michael may have at long last received the Royal Family Order. It is a bit hard to tell, but it appears that there is some yellow ribbon attached to her gown:
She is on the very, very far left hand side of the upper table:
Getty Images - Queen Elizabeth II Hosts State Banquet For Mexico's President Felipe Calderon And Margarita Zavala

President Felipe Calderon And Margarita Zavala Attend State Banquet - Pictures - Zimbio
She's in the background

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-31-2009, 12:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Over on the Royal Jewels of the World message board there is some speculation that Princess Michael may have at long last received the Royal Family Order. It is a bit hard to tell, but it appears that there is some yellow ribbon attached to her gown:
She is on the very, very far left hand side of the upper table:
Getty Images - Queen Elizabeth II Hosts State Banquet For Mexico's President Felipe Calderon And Margarita Zavala

President Felipe Calderon And Margarita Zavala Attend State Banquet - Pictures - Zimbio
She's in the background
There's a lot of speculation leaping from a very small, feint, smudge! It doesn't look large enough to me - I bet it's just a brooch.....
Old 03-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
There's a lot of speculation leaping from a very small, feint, smudge! It doesn't look large enough to me - I bet it's just a brooch.....
You may well be correct, GillW. It doesn't appear to have the same overall size that the Duchess of Gloucester's RFO does.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with GillW noting that the piece in question might be a brooch. I highly doubt that Her Majesty will give RFO to Princess Michael.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Princess Michael talks in this weeks Hello magazine about the marriage of Freddie and Sophie - i wil have to wait until i get my copy tomorrow to see exactly what see says im sure it is not much of an exclusive but you never know

Old 04-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I searched Google and YouTube for you and didn't find anything...not even a transcript of the interview. Are you familiar with the story? It came out in the early '80s IIRC.
I remember seeing that interview about a year ago on alltheweb.com I remember how sad, but poised she was. At times she had that "deer in the headlight" look. I also remember reading how she lost a considerable amount of weight because of the whole ordeal.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sophie is an actress, but, first of all, she has a wonderful mind ," says his mother, Princess Michael of Kent. The Princess, whose father was a Nazi Party member, has been suggesting churches that might hold the ceremony. However, The Jewish Chronicle has lately claimed Sophie as a member of the Judaic faith.

A revealing tale of two faiths for Lord Freddie Windsor and Sophie Winkleman - Telegraph
Old 04-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

That's rather bizarre about the article drawing a line between Princess Michael's father and his daughter suggesting churches. Perhaps Sophie isn't a practicing Jew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Sophie is an actress, but, first of all, she has a wonderful mind ," says his mother, Princess Michael of Kent. The Princess, whose father was a Nazi Party member, has been suggesting churches that might hold the ceremony. However, The Jewish Chronicle has lately claimed Sophie as a member of the Judaic faith.

A revealing tale of two faiths for Lord Freddie Windsor and Sophie Winkleman - Telegraph
Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Administrator

The thing that struck me is "what's her dead father got to do with anything?" What's the connection?
The Telegraph story is weird journalism, more in line with the Sun or News of the World than a supposedly 'respectable' newspaper.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Sorry, but Marie Christine was born in 1945, soon before the end of the war and the nazi's government; so my question is: why to we need to remember about everything that her father was a nazi's supporter?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

A key point for the brief comment is that the daughter of the Nazi party member is going to have a Jewish daughter-in-law. It does not sound sensational anymore. Princess Michael just shows respect for the woman her only son has chosen to marry.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The thing that struck me is "what's her dead father got to do with anything?" What's the connection?
The Telegraph story is weird journalism, more in line with the Sun or News of the World than a supposedly 'respectable' newspaper.
To sell papers of course. They think that, since it's really no big deal that 2 people in love should marry, that they need to create some sort of scandal, so they trot out the dead Nazi-party grandfather.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
To sell papers of course. They think that, since it's really no big deal that 2 people in love should marry, that they need to create some sort of scandal, so they trot out the dead Nazi-party grandfather.
It seems to me a bit cruel for Princess Michael...
Old 04-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

What else can any paper pin on Princess Michael? Mass media just rehashes old stories about her.

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent