The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Courtier

People will continue to think badly of her no matter what she does. Charity events are never a bad thing, even if you do have a reputation for going to the opening of an envelope.
I have such an odd fascination with her, especially because of all the--let's say "interesting"--comments she has made over the years. Royal entertainment for me,, really. Keeps things interesting.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Nobility

I wonder what kind of mother-in-law will Princess Michael of Kent be to the future Lady Frederick Windsor?

Old 03-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Courtier

I'm certain it will have everything to do with who the lady in question is.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Are you suggesting the Moderators are less fair to some members of the BRF than others?
I personally have been sent messages, by other members, complaining of the mods not being impartial to certain members of RF's, and being "attacked" if they didn't go along with their opinions.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chota View Post
I'm certain it will have everything to do with who the lady in question is.
And also what kind of mother in law it is, my M-I-L has 4 sons and she has the same attitude to us all, despite being closer to some than others...
Old 03-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Nobility

Do you think it would be possible to meet HRH Princess Michael of Kent in the Royal Enclosure at Ascot, I am invited there!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
My post was an answer to the discussion between Warren and auntie (see posts #284, 286, 287, and 288).
My comment was merely in jest!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I personally have been sent messages, by other members, complaining of the mods not being impartial to certain members of RF's, and being "attacked" if they didn't go along with their opinions.
Interesting, since I have not expressed any opinion of Princess Michael.
Since you've overlooked my questions in response to your "ewwww, she loves the limelight doesn't she?!" post, I'll ask them again:

• Are you suggesting Princess Michael should refuse to publicly support charity fundraisers to ensure she's not accused of "loving the limelight"?
• If some of the people attending these charity functions ask to have their photo taken with the Princess would you be happier if she refused?

Awaiting your response.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth View Post
Do you think it would be possible to meet HRH Princess Michael of Kent in the Royal Enclosure at Ascot, I am invited there!
I think that you have got a fair chance of meeting Prince and Princess Michael. At the same time, it is difficult for me to determine what day they will attend.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 03-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Interesting, since I have not expressed any opinion of Princess Michael.
Since you've overlooked my questions in response to your "ewwww, she loves the limelight doesn't she?!" post, I'll ask them again:

• Are you suggesting Princess Michael should refuse to publicly support charity fundraisers to ensure she's not accused of "loving the limelight"?
• If some of the people attending these charity functions ask to have their photo taken with the Princess would you be happier if she refused?

Awaiting your response.
The answers are no and no! That wasn't the point, the point was that it is of my opinion (and half of the people in the UK) that Princess Michael was nicknamed princess pushy for a reason, and one of it being that she always pushes herself into places even when her position, as married to a minor royal, being off the civil list, requests her not to be. I have read, seen and heard interviews regaridng it. Recently I picked up a biography of the Queen marking her 70th b-day, at a carboot sale near home, by someone who wrote the official biography of George VI and had gr8 access to the archieves and interviewed alot of the RF with the queens consent and she had a whole lot to say about Marie Christine and the kind of behaviour I am talking about. It doesn't mean she isn't doing her job in the charity functions well, but she does, and has revelled in her position, far more than any other memeber of the BRF past and present. I am entitled to my opinion aren't I? I do regret writing the word "eeeewww"
Old 03-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Administrator

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you still haven't explained why you consider supporting a children's charity is "loving the limelight".
Old 03-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you still haven't explained why you consider supporting a children's charity is "loving the limelight".
It's not supporting the charity, it's the way I think she seems to love beng in pictures, maybe this wasn't a good example, but in gereral MC seems to love being photographed, and the way she was grinning made me feel she loves the limelight.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

When photographed, Princess Michael tends to look great. I am sure it has taken time to practice the grin so she can look nice on photos. Should she pout or make a serious face? It may safely be said that she will be viewed in a negative light due to past actions/words. At the same time, she can not be accused of doing/saying anything controversial lately.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 03-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

Listen, I have no problem on agreeing to disagree, ok? for the sake of peace. I LOVE THIS FORUM and am willing to discontinue for the sake of peace, I have my opinion and you have yours. I might come along as sarcastic sometimes, probably it's b/c in real life or rather at work I tend to be super sweet ( work in PR remmber?!). Al Bina, I love your input and the way you explain things, keep the posts coming
Old 03-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

If Princess M does enjoy her position then I say good on her! It's there to be enjoyed and as a royal watcher I'd much rather observe someone who actually likes being a Princess than someone who moans about it. I don't think it makes her pushy it's just that it's been interpreted that way in the media. Also, that book about The Queen which I believe was written by Sarah Bradford that a previous poster mentioned also states that Prince Philip had many affairs during his marraige which he himself has denied so I don't think everything in it can be treated as Gospel.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
...the way she was grinning made me feel she loves the limelight.
Here is a photograph of Princess Michael at the Variety Club children's charity launch:

Princess Michael

It looks to me that Princess Michael is smiling, just as some other people in the photograph are smiling.
Would you prefer that Princess Michael didn't smile while being photographed?

The point is this: if you are going to make broad-sweep negative or critical comments then you need to justify them.
You have stated several times that her smile is evidence of her "loving the limelight". It is only fair that you back up your assertion, based on the pictorial evidence.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Royal Highness

Ican go on and on and on about why Princess M is referred to as Princess Pushy, yet I prefer not to, for the sake of peace, and I don't want my threads deleted or to be bashed by Princess M's fans, so I won't! Good for me
Old 03-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Again, the point is this: it is all very well to have a negative attitude to Princess Michael, that is your perogative. However, there's not much sense in posting snarky remarks about her when she appears at a children's charity launch when the remarks have no relevance to what she is doing. You may as well post "I don't like Princess Michael because she is known as Princess Pushy" after every post made about her. It would at least be preferable to the puerile " ewwww, she loves the limelight doesn't she?!" comment.

It is no different to other members bringing up the toe-sucking in the Sarah, Duchess of York current events thread at every opportunity, or others raising Charles's infidelity to Diana whenever they feel like it, or Diana's erratic behaviour when the topic is completely unrelated. It is about context and relevance, and of course choice of language.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Royal Highness

I accept the rebuke, I may not agree with it..., in a way I'm happy, b/c I have seen royal sites filled with such venom, I wouldn't want to stoop to that level. I will try to be less sarcastic as my sarcastic humour isn't liked. After all I am a visitor here, and you are the moderator and can me.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Princess Michael was interviewed for Caras magazine by Diana, Duchess of Cadaval (wife of Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans) and aspiring royal author.

Pictures of Diana's first interview for Caras magazine, March 2009

(scanned by me)

The interview's place was Diana's home, in Estoril.

(click the pictures to enlarge them)

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent