Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 4: September 2006-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She does look terrific for her age!:flowers: I have to agree about the hair, though. Especially in the above black-and-white shot, she's skirting dangerously to the crazy-old-lady-with-50-cats look.:lol:
I agree with you! Thanks for makingme laugh;)

wow...a lot of wondeful pictures...

PrinceS,
Thanks for a wonderful compilations of Prince and Princess Michael's photos! :flowers: The couple is elegant, indeed.
... [snipped] ** Pic 4 **
Prince Michael seems a bit tired to me ... or perhaps he just looks his age ...

Yes, I see what you mean, Albina. He looks like an elderly George V in picture 4.:ermm:

PrinceS,
Thanks for a wonderful compilations of Prince and Princess Michael's photos! :flowers: The couple is elegant, indeed.

Prince Michael seems a bit tired to me ... or perhaps he just looks his age ...

Pics 13.3.2009

HRH Princess Michael of Kent launches the Family Potrait Week at
the Eat and Two Restaurant on March 13,2009 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

:ROFLMAO:
ewwww, she loves the limelight doesn't she?!
Huh? Princess Michael was launching Family Portrait Week, an annual fundraising activity of the Variety Club of Great Britain, one of the UK's main children's charities.
Are you suggesting Princess Michael should refuse to publicly support charity fundraisers to ensure she's not accused of "loving the limelight"?
If some of the people attending these charity functions ask to have their photo taken with the Princess would you be happier if she refused?

I feel a bit sorry for Princess M. I know she says all the negative comments about her don't get to her but it must be very disheartening when you are trying to do good and some people still can't say anything nice about you. She must sometimes wonder why she bothers at all.

:previous:
Yes, playing "kick the royal" is becoming a regular sport for some members here at TRF. :nonono:

Okay, my comment was sarcastic at worst, and what is wrong with that? I do see Princess Michael, as being one to love the limelight. Her whole behaviour just shows it IN MY HONEST OPINION... You don't hear it about the Duchess of G, do you? there is a reason why, look at the pics of the ceremonies when the whole British RF got together on the balcony of Buckingham palace in the 1980's with Diana and Sarah, Princess M is always somehow in the center, with the main branch, not nicely on the side with the duchesses of K and G,and princess Alexandra... H'mm

Okay, my comment was sarcastic at worst, and what is wrong with that?
What is wrong with it? Now let's see... the stated reason for your negative attitude to Princess Michael is her positioning on the Buckingham Palace balcony in the 1980's.
On that basis you posted that her launching a charity event in 2009 is "loving the limelight".
I'd say it's a pretty poor and vapid justification for your snarky post.

You know, if one of my causes were highlighted and I were getting publicity for it, I'd slut myself around by golly! (Probably a good thing nobody is asking!)
As it is, Princess Michael looked lovely and carried herself well for the charity she represented.

It has been my pleasure to see the Moderator stepped in to defend Princess Michael. She might enjoy basking in the limelight. At the same time, she does not frequent the limelight these days. She participated in the charity event, which does not fully qualify for loving the limelight.

It has been my pleasure to see the Moderator stepped in to defend Princess Michael.

Are you suggesting the Moderators are less fair to some members of the BRF than others?:)

Are you suggesting the Moderators are less fair to some members of the BRF than others?:)
Oh, I don't think Al meant that at all. I think that princess Michael was on a mission, she performed it admirably and eloquently and didn't deserve any untoward comments.
If she pulled a Celine Dion and usurped a party to hog the limelight, well thing I think it would be warrented. But obviously, this wasn't the case. .

My post was an answer to the discussion between Warren and auntie (see posts #284, 286, 287, and 288).

People will continue to think badly of her no matter what she does. Charity events are never a bad thing, even if you do have a reputation for going to the opening of an envelope.
I have such an odd fascination with her, especially because of all the--let's say "interesting"--comments she has made over the years. Royal entertainment for me,, really. Keeps things interesting.

I wonder what kind of mother-in-law will Princess Michael of Kent be to the future Lady Frederick Windsor? :rolleyes:

I personally have been sent messages, by other members, complaining of the mods not being impartial to certain members of RF's, and being "attacked" if they didn't go along with their opinions.

I'm certain it will have everything to do with who the lady in question is.
And also what kind of mother in law it is, my M-I-L has 4 sons and she has the same attitude to us all, despite being closer to some than others...

Do you think it would be possible to meet HRH Princess Michael of Kent in the Royal Enclosure at Ascot, I am invited there!

My post was an answer to the discussion between Warren and auntie (see posts #284, 286, 287, and 288).

My comment was merely in jest!:ROFLMAO:

I personally have been sent messages, by other members, complaining of the mods not being impartial to certain members of RF's, and being "attacked" if they didn't go along with their opinions.
Interesting, since I have not expressed any opinion of Princess Michael.
Since you've overlooked my questions in response to your "ewwww, she loves the limelight doesn't she?!" post, I'll ask them again:

• Are you suggesting Princess Michael should refuse to publicly support charity fundraisers to ensure she's not accused of "loving the limelight"?
• If some of the people attending these charity functions ask to have their photo taken with the Princess would you be happier if she refused?

Awaiting your response.

Do you think it would be possible to meet HRH Princess Michael of Kent in the Royal Enclosure at Ascot, I am invited there!
I think that you have got a fair chance of meeting Prince and Princess Michael. At the same time, it is difficult for me to determine what day they will attend.

Interesting, since I have not expressed any opinion of Princess Michael.
Since you've overlooked my questions in response to your "ewwww, she loves the limelight doesn't she?!" post, I'll ask them again:

• Are you suggesting Princess Michael should refuse to publicly support charity fundraisers to ensure she's not accused of "loving the limelight"?
• If some of the people attending these charity functions ask to have their photo taken with the Princess would you be happier if she refused?

Awaiting your response.
The answers are no and no! That wasn't the point, the point was that it is of my opinion (and half of the people in the UK) that Princess Michael was nicknamed princess pushy for a reason, and one of it being that she always pushes herself into places even when her position, as married to a minor royal, being off the civil list, requests her not to be. I have read, seen and heard interviews regaridng it. Recently I picked up a biography of the Queen marking her 70th b-day, at a carboot sale near home, by someone who wrote the official biography of George VI and had gr8 access to the archieves and interviewed alot of the RF with the queens consent and she had a whole lot to say about Marie Christine and the kind of behaviour I am talking about. It doesn't mean she isn't doing her job in the charity functions well, but she does, and has revelled in her position, far more than any other memeber of the BRF past and present. I am entitled to my opinion aren't I? I do regret writing the word "eeeewww"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom