Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 4: September 2006-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they were doing a hot meal at the RFH? (Princess Michael: "I will go any where for a hot meal " :flowers:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree it was a bit tasteless to bring up the subject of lovers but I am afraid they are too big to sweep under the carpet.

I wonder if they were doing a hot meal at the RFH? (Princess Michael: "I will go any where for a hot meal " :flowers:)

Why oh why doesn't she have a haircut??
Did she say that "hot meal" herself or it was attributed to her??
Here they say for some that they'd go to an "opening of an envelope" if food is being served.........LOL

It was a quote attributed to her and in a few bio's I read but I'll have to go find it.

Well ... well ... I wonder what a relation between a concert at the Royal Festival Hall and "a hot meal" might be. I agree with that Princess Michael's hairstyle is totally unflattering. She should have made an updo. At the same time, she looked appropriately festive wearing a red jacket.

Here's an old 1990 People article on it but there aren't sources listed. They attribute the remark to her, but you know how People can be. ..:rolleyes:

Royal Pains : People.com

Thanks for the article! :flowers: One obvious thing is that Princess Michael does not really care about people think of her. Her way into the British royal family was a thorny one. We are not privy to things she has to put up with. Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth II as well as members of the Royal family and mass media do not like her much. What should she do? Try to convince everyone that she is white and fluffy? While I agree that Princess Michael's tongue was her worst enemy in some situations, she is just a human being with positive and negative traits.

Al Bina Russo.....thanks for the replies. I personally think that when the face starts to droop a shorter hair cut is more flattering and hides more. She would look better. The red dress is mighty festive. She dresses with a certain style all her own but overall she does not look like she goes overboard. Until, I guess she decides to share her inner most thoughts.......LOL

Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth II as well as members of the Royal family and mass media do not like her much.

Might I add, a lot of the public are not entirely enamoured by her

What should she do? Try to convince everyone that she is white and fluffy?

Not at all. I think this is actually quite a difficult situation for the Princess. She is at the fringes of the royal family, has a taste for the good life, but does not necessarily have the resources for the life she would like to lead. In a situation like this, most people would adjust their life style to suit their purse strings. I am not suggesting that they are living beyond their means (I don't have enough informaiton to truely commet on that), but often they have tried to make money, and come out not smelling of roses!

I think she might find that her PR image would improve through just continuing to behave in the dignified fashion she does at most times. But she has to be careful: being photographed whilst holidaying in Venice with a supposed lover is not going to do her favours! :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

It would be fair to assume that the public opinion rests upon facts presented by mass media that has divulge the attitudes of the members of the British royal family toward Prince and Princess Michael. At the same time, I do admit that Princess Michael blundered on several occasions.
As for the PR image ... perhaps Princess Michael should use Mr. Marc Bolland's magical skills as he is known for his ability to impeccably whitewash and retouch reputations.

It would be fair to assume that the public opinion rests upon facts presented by mass media that has divulge the attitudes of the members of the British royal family toward Prince and Princess Michael. At the same time, I do admit that Princess Michael blundered on several occasions.
As for the PR image ... perhaps Princess Michael should use Mr. Marc Bolland's magical skills as he is known for his ability to impeccably whitewash and retouch reputations.

I think it would be unfair to suggest that the British royal family is able to control the media, and influence public opinion about certain members of the extended family. As we have seen through the War of the Wales', the BRF is really not very adept at handling the media. It was not the royal family that invented the fake sheikh, or caused the Princess to take on a Russian lover........ as you say, it is the Princess' own actions that have helped shape public opinion abourt her. The media ( not that you can refer to them in the singular) only amplify what may have happened, but can't fabricate it to start with!

I think Princess Michael's style rubs the British royals/mass media/public in the wrong way. Her style might be considered as overly grand, haughty, etc. So what? She does not pretend to be humbly cute. "She is much to grand for the likes of us" and Her Majesty's dislike defined the attitude toward Princess Michael to a certain extent. Why should she worry about common people? She earns her living the way she can. Technically speaking, Prince and Princess Michael do not get much of the tax-payers money.
... "They will always have to have a bad girl in the family..but I'm not going to have sleepless nights worrying about what the good citizens of Newcastle are thinking about me."
Reference: Scandalous Women: Princess Pushy: The Fabulous Life of Princess Michael of Kent

Our discussion seems to turn upon the same arguments, which indicate that we have diametrically opposite views on the couple in question. Princess Michael is unlikely to get any positive coverage from the British media. She does not need an approval rating as Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall or British government. Let her enjoy her life. Given the above, it would be better for us to leave the discussion at this point.

There are pics of Princess Michael on Rex Features at the SPARKS Ball in London last night. Can anyone post the larger version of these please?

Here's an article about the ball, including a pic of Princess Michael.
Taken out of context, one of her comments in her speech really
seems a bit strange:

----> "PRINCESS'S SHOCK STORY"

For the first time Princess Michael has given me a good laugh......all she did was tell everyone exactly what happened - whether she should have or not is another question.

Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Michael of Kent leaving a private members club in Mayfair London, England - 19.12.08
Wenn
Wenn
Wenn
Wenn

I think she is one of the most gracefully aged women I've ever seen, but this is the first time I've ever seen her hands up close and they certainly are the hands of a woman in her 60s

Does anyone know what club this was? I'm not familiar with private clubs in England so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I was also surprised to see the difference between her face and her hands...

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but why is she called Princess Michael of Kent? Does that have something to do with her being Catholic?
Yeah that comment about her song having the umbilical cord was kinda random. I also think she looks pretty good for 62

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but why is she called Princess Michael of Kent? Does that have something to do with her being Catholic?

It doesn't have anything to do with her faith. Her husband is Prince Michael of Kent, and wives of princes take their husband's styles and titles. She just happens to be the only one who is known as Princess husband's name right now.

I think she is one of the most gracefully aged women I've ever seen, but this is the first time I've ever seen her hands up close and they certainly are the hands of a woman in her 60s
The hands never lie. I saw beautiful Stevie Nicks and her hands were the same. (And then Russo said, "There IS a God!" And there was much rejoicing!)
There is no doubt that Princess Michael takes excellent care of herself!

Daily Mail has a tendency to add a dramatic touch to almost everything Princess Michael does. What is wrong with Princess Michael going to buy things she needs? Nothing ... She does not do anything embarrassing. Perhaps, she wanted to buy groceries she was in the mood for.

Isn't the "reporter" the same Kate Nichol who is being ridiculed when she writes negative comments about more beloved members of the family or their close friends?:whistling:

Photo of Princess Michael shopping at Whole Foods She looks like she's having fun!
It is probably something she does on occasion, I can't see why the need for the shock from Nicholl.

It is so funny where Nicholl writes 'her spy', this probably means the shop assistant who rang the Mail having taken a picture with her mobile?:rolleyes:

Goodness, what a shock. Royalty actually eat....

If she didn't do this they would say she's a snob and when she does do it they still try and ridicule her. Princess M can never win with the U.K. press and thats why I don't beleive much, if any, of the negative stories written about her as as it's been clear for years that most of the newspapers are totally against her.

If someone knew nothing about her, they'd be surprised at the negative slant of that article.
When was the last time anyone was ridiculed for going to the supermarket?
I am not a fan but when someone is getting attacked unfairly I sort of "like" them just because they become someone's victim. Ms Nichols better watch out, she may turn Princess Pushy into a likeable person.

Meh, Whole Foods is fairly high-end.
Show me pictures of her browsing the discount aisles of Asda and maybe we'll have a story.

You are so right, Idriel, noting that Whole Food Market is not exactly the place to shop for people experiencing financial issues. Thus, it may safely be guessed that "Princess Michael shopping herself in a grocery shop" story was an easy money for some minor employee of the aforementioned shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom