Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 4: September 2006-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Queen should really point out that when most of her subjects are struggling to make ends meet it isn't wise for the minor Royals to be shouting about how hard they have it.
I totally agree, that's just a LOT of money!!

Pics from IBL
Prince Michael of Kent Prince Michael of Kent Launches the Royal Nay Endurance Drive for Charity, Kensington Palace, London, Britain - 14 Oct 2008.
IBL
IBL
IBL
IBL

This is a very interesting story. I had always "assumed" that Prince Michael was wealthy from his beautiful wifes clothes and jewels. Living on some kind of family inheritance with a bonus from all the engagements they do. HMMM, I guess you just never know!!

My goodness she tries too hard! That's one thing I don't like about our American heiresses, they are always trying too hard to get approval and attention of royalty. Sheesh! :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for sharing that article link, Al_bina.

I like those two pics very much, well-dressed tourists are
rare to see ;). No, but it's nice to see them so close and
so normal like any other tourist :)

My goodness she tries too hard! That's one thing I don't like about our American heiresses, they are always trying too hard to get approval and attention of royalty. Sheesh! :ermm:

It is understandable in a way, they have money to burn can buy anything they want but what they can´t buy is royal status.......unless they manage to nab one and marry into royalty.

It is nice to see the Prince and Princess looking so happy and relaxed on their holiday. I am sure that the resolution of their tenure at Kensington Palace has taken a great weight off their minds.

I must have missed something, as far as I have heard they still have to pay that rent so how has it been resolved?

I see your point, Menarue. Ordinary people do not stroll peacefully, if they have to pay an rent that has been considerably increased. Perhaps the couple has got some sources of incomes we are unaware of. Prince and Princess Michael will find a way to pay for the apartment they like so much.

It is understandable in a way, they have money to burn can buy anything they want but what they can´t buy is royal status.......unless they manage to nab one and marry into royalty.
Which I'm sure Paris was only too happy to do to Wills and Harry though I seriously doubt either of them would like to date that little skank.
Was the issue of Prince and Princess Michael resolved as to their Kensington digs?

Well the situation is resolved in terms of the fact that they are being allowed to stay there. It was stated in 2002 that the Queen would pay the rent till 2009 and then they would have to leave but the Prince and Princess have stated in a number of interviews over the last seven years that they would be willing to pay the rent in order to remain there but didn't know if that would be allowed. I don't think it will be a problem for them when you consider the large profit they made on their country home not to mention the fact that they no longer have to pay the annual running costs for that home which I think were considerable. At the end of the day how they pay is their business but they obviously can afford it or they wouldn't be taking it on.

Hmmm. I'm wondering if it isn't a game. When you say "They say they might not be allowed." Why would they say that? HM of course would let them it would look very bad on her if she didn't.
But then again, I don't have any direct sources to quote here so I may be wrong. . .

Pics from Getty
Prince Michael of Kent visits a grammar school to open the international school competition on October 22, 2008 in Moscow, Russia. Prince Michael is in Russia to attend the Russia & CIS Hotel Investment Conference (RHIC) of which he is patron.
Pic. Pic. Pic. Pic. Pic

Despite negative publicity, Prince Michael seems to be highly respected in Russia.

May be it is his strong resemblance to the last Tsar. He does look very much like him.

Believe me that the strong resemblance to Nicholas II is just a part of this respect. Prince Michael is highly commended for his sense of duty and professional conduct. I have a relative, who resides in St.Petersburg and was forutnate to see Prince Michael in person. As noted by my relative, Prince Michael seems unassuming, polite, and professional. New pragmatic Russians like him for these qualities.

I always got that same feeling about him. A quiet, dignified, sense of duty, to which he carries out in a gentlemanly and courteous manner.

Yes, I think that despite all the bad publicity, Prince Michael is one of the most regal looking royals of our time. He has definitly improved his looks by growing a beard, and looks better in his golden years than before.:rolleyes:

Despite negative publicity, Prince Michael seems to be highly respected in Russia.
Well his grandmother was the daughter of Alexander II so yeah, I'm sure they respect the guy!

I saw him many years ago, in 1984. He seemed to me to be a dignified, soft-spoken, courteous gentlemen. He made a particular effort to speak to some Brownies who were near me waving Maple Leaf flags. He gave a very good impression.:flowers:

I always got that same feeling about him. A quiet, dignified, sense of duty, to which he carries out in a gentlemanly and courteous manner.

To bad he will never be King :(what place was he when he lost his Right to the Throne? Maybe we can still have a Queen Gabriella (My Favorite!)

To bad he will never be King :(what place was he when he lost his Right to the Throne? Maybe we can still have a Queen Gabriella (My Favorite!)

For Gabriella to get to the throne there will have to a very large massacre of the royal family :whistling: He is way back in line. He and his wife are so extravagant that they would be selling off the crown jewels and palaces in no time.......For the short time they/or their daughter, who would come after her brother Freddie, :ohmy:, would be on the throne they could pose for some lovely dignified portraits though.

For Gabriella to get to the throne there will have to a very large massacre of the royal family :whistling: He is way back in line. He and his wife are so extravagant that they would be selling off the crown jewels and palaces in no time.......For the short time they/or their daughter, who would come after her brother Freddie, :ohmy:, would be on the throne they could pose for some lovely dignified portraits though.

Menarue, I love your sense of humour :D:D:D you helped me laugh during a very hard day at work.

But if Princess Michael would convert from Catholicism to Anglicanism he could become king...provided the large massacre of all people preceding him

No, once disbarred by the Act of Settlement there is no undoing. Prince Michael's place in the Line of Succession cannot be regained.

the Act states:
"...or marry a papist, should be excluded, and are by that Act made for ever incapable to inherit, possess, or enjoy the Crown and government of this realm." [my bolding]

No, once disbarred by the Act of Settlement there is no undoing. Prince Michael's place in the Line of Succession cannot be regained.

the Act states:
"...or marry a papist, should be excluded, and are by that Act made for ever incapable to inherit, possess, or enjoy the Crown and government of this realm." [my bolding]

Even if we could some how get past the implications of the Act of Settlement and restore Prince Michael of Kent to the lineof succession, the thought of the greedy "anything for a hot meal" Kents is enough to turn me into a republican.

Also, my view is that if we have to go that far down the line of succession to find a monarch, we will probably turn ourselves into a republic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom